What is the difference between the Sapphire 290 cooler, the VisionTek Cooler, and the refrence cooler?

MoonKnightSpidey

They all look exactly the same.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

WELL, if they are reference cards, then they ARE the same cooler. However, the clock speeds with differ

EDIT - reference coolers, not reference cards. Some manufacturers MIGHT use a reference PCB, and throw a decent cooler on there

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

WELL, if they are reference cards, then they ARE the same cooler. However, the clock speeds with differ

EDIT - reference coolers, not reference cards. Some manufacturers MIGHT use a reference PCB, and throw a decent cooler on there

So why not get the cheapest one and ramp up the clock speed.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

So why not get the cheapest one and ramp up the clock speed.

Reference 290 coolers blow ass. Please, if nothing else get a custom cooled reference PCB from a reputable brand. Don't expect much of an overclock on a reference cooler.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129316 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202043 same cooler same clock speed same price. What is the difference?

Who you have a warranty with

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The stock cooler with the R9 290 only cools it sufficiently at its stock clocks or lower.

I was not planning on overclocking it. Just wondering. Also, see my previous question.

not a damn thing besides maybe warranty. Theres not much OC headroom on a reference 290 anyways, please for the love of god get something non reference cooled.