Text turns green when scrolling on PG278Q

maizenblue

Anyone else encounter this?

Whenever I scroll or move a webpage, the text and some images turn from whatever dark color they are to green while it scrolls. I've never seen this before and I'm not sure what to make of it. Its extremely noticeable.

Does this point to other possible problems. Is there a fix for it, is it a known issue for this or other monitors?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

it is a known problem for that monitor

it may be due to ur color settings on the monitor

btw i may look newbie but my main account (can nolonger get into)

was fairly well known on here

did you buy the

PG278Q 2nd hand or brand new because that may be the issue

did you buy the

PG278Q 2nd hand or brand new because that may be the issue

I bought it brand new. So this is something unique to this monitor?

I turned the OD off and it was worse I think, when I set it to extreme it gets slightly better.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Lowering the contrast from the default setting seemed to improve it some. Weird.

have a look on google because im not that fimalier with this monitor i only know some things cus my son has it

Yeah I saw one mention of it on an ROG forum, they basically described the same problem I had and the few replies didn't offer any solution or actual explanation.  

Thanks for the reply though.

Sounds to me that its just ur normal slow ass LCD pixel response.

Im just guessing here though.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I put od mode back to normal. Lowering the contrast ratio from the default seems to have fixed the problem.

I put od mode back to normal. Lowering the contrast ratio from the default seems to have fixed the problem.

You did both at the same time? Just try them individually so you know which it is. Keen to know what it is.

You did both at the same time? Just try them individually so you know which it is. Keen to know what it is.

Lowering the contrast from 50 to 40 seemed to clear up the problem, regardless of what OD mode its in. Prior to that I tried each of the OD settings-off, normal and extreme and it didn't make much difference,  MAYBE a slight improvement with extreme compared to off, but lowering the contrast definitely made a big difference.

This is my second swift, you might remember from my first one the colors seemed really off and I couldn't get it to look right no matter what I tried, plus it had that faded TN look. This second one is totally different and had bright accurate colors from the default. The difference Is night and day. It almost looks like IPS by comparison so something was definitely not right on my first one.

Your first swift had incorrect factory set gamma out of the box.  Some swifts were defective and came with 1.4-1.8 gamma instead of 2.2 gamma.

most likely your second swift came with 2.2 gamma.

When I said this a long time ago, people argued with me and said "oh their colormeter said it was 2.2 gamma" --WRONG.  it wasn't.

The lagom.nl gamma test is accurate.  All you have to do on that is put the gamma slider in the middle of the screen and then keep your head level with the slider, that way you're looking in the middle of the screen and can avoid TN gamma shift, to see what the gamma is really at.  Without gamma adjustments in the OSD, there was zero excuse for monitors to ship with 1.8 gamma....

That lagom.nl site was an interesting read.

Trying out those 'tests' on a Plasma sure is interesting. Especially the pixel response time tests.

Instant pixel response , zero ghosting, is a joy.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

That lagom.nl site was an interesting read.

Trying out those 'tests' on a Plasma sure is interesting. Especially the pixel response time tests.

Instant pixel response , zero ghosting, is a joy.

I still don't really understand how plasma died out, it was an amazing technology and produced significantly better TVs in a lot of important factors compared to LCDs.

I still don't really understand how plasma died out, it was an amazing technology and produced significantly better TVs in a lot of important factors compared to LCDs.

Plasma was harder to manufacture, harder to miniaturize, hot running, higher power consumption, heavier, and bulkier than LCD, things that both the manufactures and 'general' consumers don't like.

Manufactures get better profits form LCDs, and general consumers prefer the slimmer lighter build of LCD's and lower power consumption. That, and the fact manufactures just decided to flood the market with LCD's, is why Plasma died out imo. Not to mention the huge stigma about Plasma screen burn, which wasn't an issue during the last few years of Plasma manufacture.

However Plasma picture quality still beats LCD hands down, with the exception of resolution which has only recently started to go above 1080p in terms of what the average person actual uses, the vast majority of people still use 1080p.

Plasma wont be beat in picture quality until OLED is out and readily available across all  screen sizes for acceptable prices.