My first overclock, need someone to help me out

nutzaalex
Go to solution Solved by LeapFrogMasterRace,

Overclock the core until it crashes then slowly back off until it is stable only then should you overclock the memory otherwise if you get problems you won't know if it is due to the memory oc or the core oc.

-You should drag the power limit % all the way up if you want a higher oc it wont severely shorten the gpu's lifespan and most people do this.

-It is highly unlikely you will just straight up brick your card unless you manually increase the voltage pretty high.

Hi there,

I've decided to overclock my GPU, I've read over the internet some general guidelines, and started to overclock. I'm using MSI Afterburner and testing the stability with Furmark and with Heaven. I do not want to touch the voltage, only the core and memory clock. It has 2gb vram(I think there's a 1gb version out there too)

I've got a Gainward Phantom 2 GTX560 Ti Oc; photo of it

I've started to overclock the core clock by 10 every time (keeping my temp under 80*c at all times) and started looking for artefacts/blue screen etc. within furmark and when using the benchmark option in heaven.

My problem is that I don't seem to be able to find the limit of my card and I'm scared I'll break it before I find it, my stock speeds are: core clock 822 and memory clock 2004; I've gotten with core c. to 981 and with memory c. to 2103, I stopped increasing my memory sometime ago as I want to focus first on getting my max core clock but I'm too scared to increase it more; I've seen on some overclocking guides that usually people get @+50mhz when overclocking the core clock, I've went way beyond that.

My question is since I trust this community, what should I do? do I go more? can anything happen? I've read that only overclocking your cc and mc without touching the voltage wont kill your GPU faster, is that accurate?

Ty in advance.

Overclock the core until it crashes then slowly back off until it is stable only then should you overclock the memory otherwise if you get problems you won't know if it is due to the memory oc or the core oc.

-You should drag the power limit % all the way up if you want a higher oc it wont severely shorten the gpu's lifespan and most people do this.

-It is highly unlikely you will just straight up brick your card unless you manually increase the voltage pretty high.

I seen this before on guides but it seems to be locked, I tried activating it from the settings just to see how it works but I failed. I will focus only on the cc and mc and leave the others untouched.

Thanks for the response.