Cherry Mx Brown vs Blue

MrTickle

Out of these two switches which one do you prefer and why? I have used both of these switches but im having a tough time to decide on which one :P

Blue because CLICK!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Browns make my fingers feel good?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Typing on a Cherry MX Blue keyboard is like sex, but for your fingers.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Blue - Tactile, Clicky and Type fast, Optimised for typing

Brown - Less Tactile & Clicky, a 'hybrid' of red&blue, so optimised for typing and gaming.

I am a gamer and I prefer blues.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Not really, Topre hybrid spring/dome has been likened to typing on a cloud of boobs. ;)  I have five, soon to be six switch types (Red, Black, Brown, Green, Blue......I should be getting a Leopold FC660M with Cherry Clear in a week or so), and each has it pros and cons. I like heavy switch types, so my current fave are Green and Black. Between Blue and Brown, I can honestly say either is fine for me. Blue has a more defined tactile feel while Brown is a tad muchy (less defined tactile feel), but is a good middle ground for those wanting a tactile feel w/o the noise or 'click'.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Not really, Topre hybrid spring/dome has been likened to typing on a cloud of boobs. ;)  I have five, soon to be six switch types (Red, Black, Brown, Green, Blue......I should be getting a Leopold FC660M with Cherry Clear in a week or so), and each has it pros and cons. I like heavy switch types, so my current fave are Green and Black. Between Blue and Brown, I can honestly say either is fine for me. Blue has a more defined tactile feel while Brown is a tad muchy (less defined tactile feel), but is a good middle ground for those wanting a tactile feel w/o the noise or 'click'.

I've never used a Topre keyboard... Nice analogy though. xD

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Browns, love that it's the exact same force level as Red but has the slight bump.  I can also type faster on them than Blues.  Honestly though, I switch back and forth, I'll type on Blues some but mostly on the Browns.  One should own both IMO.  Also own some Clears, for those days I have a lot of angst.  Works well for relieving stress.  Which board I use depends on the mood.  Like a b!tch with different pairs of heels. :lol:  

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Just look at any pool ever. Majority prefers blue nevermind usage case: typing, gaming, throwing keyboards or smashing people in the head with them.

The thing is, if you're between blues and browns, you have allready made your mind. Now you made thread in order to gain confidence about your choice.

And what do you mean you used booth? If you have 2 keyboards, screw choice! Just switch between them whenever you like.

I don't have mech keyboard, but i played with blackwidow in store for like 10 seconds, and now i need one...

I'd go with blue, most folks probably would too.

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

smashing people in the head with them.

The Model M would be better for smashing people in the head.

I just flash-backed to the Walking Dead, where pretty much anything is used to smash zombies' heads.  They should us a Model M, for posterity's sake.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Or k70 / K95

Aluminium backplate my friend...

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

I have a g710+ and love it (brown) but I prefer blues like on the Razer ultimate 2013 keyboard (wife hates the noose though).

And that you're having it.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Have only tried blues in store, but I'm still voting for brown. The way Linus describes it is more appealing :P

Or k70 / K95

Aluminium backplate my friend...

Doesn't even come close to the Model M.

Doesn't even come close to the Model M.

QFT! I have a Lexmark Model M circa 1993 and it's heavier and more solid than all my other MKB's, including my Topre. I don't know, the plastic's different from others, I believe newer Unicomp MKB's use a different kind of plastic from earlier gen Model M's.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I used to be a fan of blues, but, after using reds for awhile, I started favoring lighter switches. The clickety clack of blues is till nice, but they're a bit stiff for my taste. I'm finding browns so much more satisfying, more satisfying than blues because they're lighter and more satisfying than reds because they're tactile.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Browns feel much nicer to me and I find the click of the blues incredibly annoying, especially for gaming. Also, blues would annoy other people in my house and would make it hard for me to game at night.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball