Ti 84 Plus C Silver Edition Review - The Best Calculator ever?

AlTech

I know, it's strange.  I do think its displaying that slows it down though; I tried plotting a more complicated chart that only had valid values for x > 0, and it started charting at the y axis almost immediately, but then took a few seconds to finish, so obviously it was able to calculate the left side really fast and then just not show it, but showing the right side took a while.  I don't think they're intentionally slowing it down, but they may be doing it inefficiently; I feel like it could do the entire calculation "in its head" and then just output the final image, rather than displaying and calculating as it goes.

Yeah. The calculations definitely take like no time. The display part is the bottleneck

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but you can use WabbitEMU on PC and Android (Maybe iOS not sure) for free. It has the same software as the past few generations of TI calculators. You probably can't use it on standardized tests however.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

And then there's me. I have the Nspire (non color screen) with hacked CAS firmware...

Seriously, the TI-84 is an toy when compared to other graphing calculators. Both the Casio and Ti-Nspires can do indefinite integrals, 3d plotting, and a myriad of other neat features ranging from linear algebra applications to even letting you hook up lab and sensor equipment to the calculator.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

The Ti-Nspire cx cas is a much better calculator it does all the things you say but it also does calculus

On 1/25/2016 at 5:21 PM, afyeung said:

Could be the displaying of it that's an issue.  This makes sense since just opening some of the larger menus takes a noticeable amount of time (~0.2 s)

Yeah. Well graphing takes a couple seconds almost which is a lot worse than 0.2s

the thing is it is for polar graphs for when you need to see which solutions appear at the same time

12 minutes ago, Zach TOm said:

the thing is it is for polar graphs for when you need to see which solutions appear at the same time

Was talking about the regular cartesian graphs 

Just now, afyeung said:

Was talking about the regular cartesian graphs 

I know but the calculator is set to do it in every type of graph

21 minutes ago, Zach TOm said:

I know but the calculator is set to do it in every type of graph

Then that's exactly what annoys me about the calculator

Just now, afyeung said:

Then that's exactly what annoys me about the calculator

get an nspire then.

2 hours ago, Zach TOm said:

The Ti-Nspire cx cas is a much better calculator it does all the things you say but it also does calculus

And if you're like me, you end up installing Ndless and can actually lua or python program and play games when you're bored.

There's also a whole bunch of useful libraries/apps for Ndless which come handy in a pinch if you dont have something like Matlab or an computer available.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Just now, ionbasa said:

And if you're like me, you end up installing Ndless and can actually lua or python program and play games when you're bored.

There's also a whole bunch of useful libraries/apps for Ndless which come handy in a pinch if you dont have something like Matlab or an computer available.

whats ndless?

Just now, Zach TOm said:

whats ndless?

http://ndless.me/

Its an toolkit for 3rd party development. Analogous to jailbreaking or rooting your cellphone.

Just now, ionbasa said:

http://ndless.me/

Its an toolkit for 3rd party development. Analogous to jailbreaking or rooting your cellphone.

how do you get games using it?

Just now, Zach TOm said:

how do you get games using it?

You can find games and other apps on this page: https://ndless-apps.org/

Some of the good games include:

Quake, Gameboy emulator, NES Emulator, Pacman, Space Invaders.

Just now, ionbasa said:

You can find games and other apps on this page: https://ndless-apps.org/

Some of the good games include:

Quake, Gameboy emulator, NES Emulator, Pacman, Space Invaders.

Thanks. How do I put ndless on my nspire?

2 minutes ago, Zach TOm said:

Thanks. How do you put ndless on my nspire?

Here's an tutorial: https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=17765

Do some research first. Make sure your OS version matches.