Dear R9 390 owners, How heavily can you overclock your cards?

Kyundere

Hi guys, i have a Powercolor R9 390 and the most stable overclock i've been able to get is 1125 mhz. I saw JayzTwoCents one video about how it goes against the gtx 970 and with his msi r9 390, he said that he could get up to  1250mhz.

Hi guys, i have a Powercolor R9 390 and the most stable overclock i've been able to get is 1125 mhz. I saw JayzTwoCents one video about how it goes against the gtx 970 and with his msi r9 390, he said that he could get up to  1250mhz.

The MSI 390s seems to be the best overclockers. XFX seems to be second best. Then Sapphire.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Overclock results vary for both GPU's and CPU's.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Powercolor is not renown for overclocking on their pcs+. Its a great cooler, but the power phase delivery isn't great, so you tend to not get a real great overclock. 

That seems pretty low though, you might have seriously gotten rekt on the silicon lottery.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Is that with an overvolt?

Powercolor is not renown for overclocking on their pcs+. Its a great cooler, but the power phase delivery isn't great, so you tend to not get a real great overclock.

That seems pretty low though, you might have seriously gotten rekt on the silicon lottery.

I'm not sure that's true... Saphirre doesn't exactly have the best clockers as well... Xfx and msi are ahead of them.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I'm a SUPER DUPER noob overclocker, so i don't exactly know entirely what i am doing. I just increased the core voltage and the voltage limit as high as i could at the highest core clock i could get tomb raider to run stably with no artifacting or anything like that. So if people are getting higher overclocks with my specific card, then that means i just suck at overclocking, or i have some sort of hardware limitation.

I'm a SUPER DUPER noob overclocker, so i don't exactly know entirely what i am doing. I just increased the core voltage and the voltage limit as high as i could at the highest core clock i could get tomb raider to run stably with no artifacting or anything like that. So if people are getting higher overclocks with my specific card, then that means i just suck at overclocking, or i have some sort of hardware limitation.

What's your power limit at?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

What's your power limit at?

My power limit is at +50 which is the highest MSI Afterburner will let me put it

Is that with an overvolt?

I'm not sure that's true... Saphirre doesn't exactly have the best clockers as well... Xfx and msi are ahead of them.

What? I wasn't talking about sapphire >.>

Talking about powercolor, which is not known for being great at overclocking on the pcs+ series. It's basically a slightly tuned reference pcb, but with a much... much better cooler on it.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

My power limit is at +50 which is the highest MSI Afterburner will let me put it

And your over volt?

What? I wasn't talking about sapphire >.>

Talking about powercolor, which is not known for being great at overclocking on the pcs+ series. It's basically a slightly tuned reference pcb, but with a much... much better cooler on it.

Xfx also uses a reference design...

I haven't found a game that has me needing to overclock lol. But I've had my 390 up around 1200

If anyone asks you never saw me.

And your over volt?

Xfx also uses a reference design...

Overvolt is at +100

Overvolt is at +100

Fuawhh then that really is a shit overclocker. Sorry bud, but the silicon lottery wasn't nice to you. Unless you're doing something wrongly.

Fuawhh then that really is a shit overclocker. Sorry bud, but the silicon lottery wasn't nice to you. Unless you're doing something wrongly.

Man that sucks, i guess its ok since i don't really have a NEED to overclock heavily. fitting for a tech newby like me

Man that sucks, i guess its ok since i don't really have a NEED to overclock heavily. fitting for a tech newby like me

#Newbie Life

I'm reading some reviews on newegg, and some people arent even getting above 1100 mhz without artifacting or crashing occuring, so maybe i got lucky and this card is just poo at overclocking :P