My review on the ButterFly Labs Jalapeno

Gotta love these forums. YellowDragon explains on several accounts how "wrong" the OP is, yet YellowDragon was wrong the whole time and the OP gets a warning because he tells the guy to fuck off... 

These forums are quickly turning into retard central.

No one got a warning - we simply indicated to the OP (and others) to watch the language and be respectful. Regardless of why. If you don't like the forums, you are welcome to not use them.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

9 months :)

You are so full of shit you do not have an asic miner. This is spamming.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

You are so full of shit you do not have an asic miner. This is spamming.

Did you check the pictures attached? If you want a time stamp i can do that too! :)

Did you check the pictures attached? If you want a time stamp i can do that too! :)

A lot of your information is false.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

A lot of your information is false.

How so?

How so?

Look at all of the other peoples posts calling you out. I am no expert but they seem to know what they are talking about.

Look at all of the other peoples posts calling you out. I am no expert but they seem to know what they are talking about.

Lol, Yellow Dragon was the only one calling me out. Please refer to my explanations. :)

Do you always follow like a sheep or just this thread? im not going to say to the OP you're full of shit cause someone else argued with him when ive no idea about what they're talking about

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

GUYS!

Stop!!!! I don't know if OP is lying or not but I think we should stop blaming people and just leave this alone!

MOVE ON!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Do you always follow like a sheep or just this thread? im not going to say to the OP you're full of shit cause someone else argued with him when ive no idea about what they're talking about

You can not talk macbook man.

You can not talk macbook man.

wut?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Want to send me one of those ASIC's? I tried mining with my 4770 some time ago, and didnt get hardly anything. I could use a few BTC :D

~Judah

wut?

the person's member title

My total profits from the miners?: 18 BTC ($1800~ USD)

How much did you pay for the ASIC miners?

thanks

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

How much did you pay for the ASIC miners?

thanks

A total of about $500.

I'm still awaiting for my order to ship out, but I'm pretty excited for when it will come.

Theoretically, you could use the miner for other things, like folding, or mining lite coin, correct?

I'm still awaiting for my order to ship out, but I'm pretty excited for when it will come.

Theoretically, you could use the miner for other things, like folding, or mining lite coin, correct?

nope, litecoin mining is different than bitcoin mining and I really doubt you could use them for folding

ASIC miners were made to mine bitcoin, nothing else

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

• 1 month later...

nope, litecoin mining is different than bitcoin mining and I really doubt you could use them for folding

ASIC miners were made to mine bitcoin, nothing else

More or less you are correct. But ASIC miners are actually designed for SHA-2 functions. Such as and not limited TLS and SSL, PGP, SSH, S/MIME, Bitcoin, PPCoin and IPsec. But getting them to do aforementioned applications is in a fairly advanced playing field where having to ask the question probably means you can't do it. (I definitely can't)

wow never seen those before! How can they be so efficent?

They are so efficient because their made specifically to do SHA-2 hash functions with a very high level of efficiency, by using a application specific integrated circuit.