Windows 10 November update (th2). A service was renamed.

Yongtjunkit

Ok NOW you are doing on purpose.

Errors AND diagnostics.

It is the 2 checkboxes from Apple in one.

If you don't understanding the meaning of the word "and", then that is not my problem. But I think you do, and you playing dumb, because you can't stand being wrong.

I'm not sure how to make it and clearer. There are 3 types of data in this conversation.

1) Error information

2) Diagnostic data

3) Usage data

In OS X the option is to disable 2 and 3, and 1 is optional whenever a program crashes.

By responding to the image showing 2 and 3 with "The option is there on Windows when you first install/run the OS" you are saying that 2 and 3 can be disabled. So far you have only shown that 1 and 2 can be disabled, but not 3. A few posts after you even said "Yes you cannot turn that off" but now you are trying to argue that you can.

Even if you want to argue that error and diagnostic is the same, you still haven't shown any way to turn off usage data, which is what the image you responded to showing (as well as diagnostic data).

Can you or can you not turn usage data off in Windows 10? Yes or no.

If yes -> Show me how. I can only set it to "basic" at best.

If no -> Why did you say you could? Stop lying.

Stop inventing things.

We are talking about crash reports.

Stop inventing things.

We are talking about crash reports.

No we are not. Didn't you read the picture you were responding to?

It's diagnostics and usage.

"Help Apple improve its products and services by automatically sending diagnostics and usage data."

Edit:

If you are wondering what kind of data "usage data" is, Apple has it on their website:

• Usage information (for example, data about how you use Apple and third-party software, hardware, and services)

And unlike Microsoft, Apple allows you to view exactly what data is being sent from their "Diagnostic and usage Messages" program. That is something I have been asking for since the preview.

So Apple is not only allowing users to turn off data collection that is forced in Windows 10, they are also very open with exactly what data is being collected. Microsoft have only been very vague about it.

I am done with you. You are doing on purpose.

You just can't stand to be corrected, or you go in circle on a side conversation.

You just can't stand to be corrected, or you go in circle on a side conversation.

Please provide full proof instead of skirting the discussion at hand then leaving.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I have no problem with being corrected. The problem here though is that you're just flat out wrong and won't admit it.

It is written in plain English. In OS X you can disable diagnostic and usage data. You claimed that you could do that in Windows too but have not provided any evidence that you can disable the usage data part, only the diagnostic part.

I have asked you over and over to show me where I can disable it and you have so far just avoid the question. If you just show me where in Windows 10 I can disable the collection of usage data then I will apologize and admit I was wrong. That probably won't happen though since you have already admitted to it not being possible to turn it off in this post:

Yes. "Send device data" is the option you are referring. Yes you cannot turn that off, like you didn't have the option in previous version of Windows.

I'd figure you were arguing in good faith if I hadn't dealt with you before.

Please from refrain from posting if you can't use basic logic and critical thinking.

Please provide full proof instead of skirting the discussion at hand then leaving.

I have provided proof, I have show the option. You have the option to disable crash reporting in Windows, like on MacOS. That is the point of the conversation. I didn't say you could disable full telemetry data collecting. If you assume I said that, then sorry. Please stay on topic. All I said that you have privacy options which you can disable/enable.

But please YOU and LAwLz send me proof about the spying, and NSA tie-in from Windows 10.

I think the whole community have been waiting since you guys first claims. Once you do, and it clearly shows it, then I'll apologizes and correct myself, until then, stop spreading false information.

Heumm "custom:". If you do "Next" > "Next" > "Next" > "Next".. real fast and don't read what is on the screen, then this is not my problem

Agree, that what I did, I clean install Windows 10 and I select custom and read each settings one by one and disable some of it

I have provided proof, you have the option to disable crash reporting in Windows, like on MacOS.

But please YOU and LAwLz send me proof about the spying, and NSA tie-in from Windows 10.

In OS X you also disable usage data.

When someone says "you can do X and Y in OS X" you can't respond with "you can do that in Windows too" if you are only referring to X but not Y.

Why should I send you proof about spying and NSA tie-ins? I have not made any claims like that in this thread.

No we are not. Didn't you read the picture you were responding to?

It's diagnostics and usage.

"Help Apple improve its products and services by automatically sending diagnostics and usage data."

Edit:

If you are wondering what kind of data "usage data" is, Apple has it on their website:

And unlike Microsoft, Apple allows you to view exactly what data is being sent from their "Diagnostic and usage Messages" program. That is something I have been asking for since the preview.

So Apple is not only allowing users to turn off data collection that is forced in Windows 10, they are also very open with exactly what data is being collected. Microsoft have only been very vague about it.

Apple actually cares about user privacy unlike Microsoft. I have an ios devices and I turn it on and I can see what's being sent to apple /app developer

I'm not sure how to make it and clearer. There are 3 types of data in this conversation.

1) Error information

2) Diagnostic data

3) Usage data

In OS X the option is to disable 2 and 3, and 1 is optional whenever a program crashes.

By responding to the image showing 2 and 3 with "The option is there on Windows when you first install/run the OS" you are saying that 2 and 3 can be disabled. So far you have only shown that 1 and 2 can be disabled, but not 3. A few posts after you even said "Yes you cannot turn that off" but now you are trying to argue that you can.

Even if you want to argue that error and diagnostic is the same, you still haven't shown any way to turn off usage data, which is what the image you responded to showing (as well as diagnostic data).

Check the source of the article it shows how to disable the telemetry service. But I can't guarantee that it will be disabled completely

I thought I said to stop posting this shit.

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.

In OS X you also disable usage data.

When someone says "you can do X and Y in OS X" you can't respond with "you can do that in Windows too" if you are only referring to X but not Y.

Why should I send you proof about spying and NSA tie-ins? I have not made any claims like that in this thread.

I was refering to the crash report picture that was showed.

You don't need to. I already have earlier in this thread.

You don't need to. I already have earlier in this thread.

Where? The Ars article just says that data is being sent to Microsoft servers

I was referring to the crash report picture that was showed.

That was not what you were quoting though.

You were quoting an image about "diagnostic and usage". Go look at the image again.

opti-in during installation and not hidden behind a small advance install option

2NSY7fa.png

We were talking about the crash report submit button, and the "Share cash data..."

We were talking about the crash report submit button, and the "Share crash data..."

Maybe you were, but neither suicidalfranco nor I were talking about that (and the picture you quoted wasn't about that either). The entire conversation actually started because you said you wouldn't be surprised if Apple were collecting telemetry data as well. That's what lead franco to post the option to turn it off during install.

I'd better clear things out since i'm partially responsible for starting this discussion, leaving the thread topic outside of this, it started with goodbytes claiming that everyone collects data like MS is doing with Win10, even OS X but no one complains about it

Telemetry data collecting and all that is at the 'GUI stuff' level.
I'll be surprised if Apple doesn't collect them. Windows XP and up collected them, many large web sites you visit do as well. They know where you click, where you hove the mouse, how long you stay on a specific page, on and all that.

to which, as a mainly MacOS decided to clear things out, cause i know for a fact that Apple is fundamentally very open about their privacy policy, and as proof to support my claims i used the crash report picture where it shows that you have the option to send it, ignore it or see what exactly will be sent. To which goodbytes rightly replied to it by pointing out that that is not the telemetry he's talking about, that's just the crash report something windows has for ages now (although i'd say had, not has, that prompt is long gone now)

That is to send a report. Windows has that since the longest time.
Telemetry data collecting is not crash report submission

Ok, one virtual machine later i come back with another picture taken from OS X's installation screen where the user, after setting up is user account, is prompted to choose if he wants apple to automatically gather user info and details about the machine/system to help apple improve the experience and, if yes, if the user wants to send crash reports automatically, proving that to Apple you must opt-in if you want to give out your data and that they don't do it without your knowledge. goodbytes answers to that is that Windows does it too

The option is there on Windows when you first install/run the OS.

Too which i forcefully had to disagree cause one of win10 controversy is that MS tries to hide that option favoring their express setting where everything in the custom settings stays enabled by default, replied so by using an installation video of win10. He's response to that was that those options are in custom (where imo they shouldn't be over there, they should always pop out to the user during the install asking for their consent, not something that you can notice if you carefully look at your screen's bottom corner). But at that point i didn't bother to answer anymore cause i thought that i was either dealing with a troll or a diehard fan, where continuing the discussion would have led to nothing.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I'd better clear things out since i'm partially responsible for starting this discussion, leaving the thread topic outside of this, it started with goodbytes claiming that everyone collects data like MS is doing with Win10, even OS X but no one complains about it

to which, as a mainly MacOS decided to clear things out, cause i know for a fact that Apple is fundamentally very open about their privacy policy, and as proof to support my claims i used the crash report picture where it shows that you have the option to send it, ignore it or see what exactly will be sent. To which goodbytes rightly replied to it by pointing out that that is not the telemetry he's talking about, that's just the crash report something windows has for ages now (although i'd say had, not has, that prompt is long gone now)

Ok, one virtual machine later i come back with another picture taken from OS X's installation screen where the user, after setting up is user account, is prompted to choose if he wants apple to automatically gather user info and details about the machine/system to help apple improve the experience and, if yes, if the user wants to send crash reports automatically, proving that to Apple you must opt-in if you want to give out your data and that they don't do it without your knowledge. goodbytes answers to that is that Windows does it too

Too which i forcefully had to disagree cause one of win10 controversy is that MS tries to hide that option favoring their express setting where everything in the custom settings stays enabled by default, replied so by using an installation video of win10. He's response to that was that those options are in custom (where imo they shouldn't be over there, they should always pop out to the user during the install asking for their consent, not something that you can notice if you carefully look at your screen's bottom corner). But at that point i didn't bother to answer anymore cause i thought that i was either dealing with a troll or a diehard fan, where continuing the discussion would have led to nothing.

So i wrote all this for what? for this:

We were talking about the crash report submit button, and the "Share cash data..."

no goodbytes, we were clearly talking about telemetry. Crash report was my mistake cause i considered it as Apple's form of telemetry where you pointed the difference to me, but we were clearly talking about telemetry and how Apple isn't like MS doing it regardless.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

no goodbytes, we were clearly talking about telemetry. Crash report was my mistake cause i considered it as Apple's form of telemetry where you pointed the difference to me, but we were clearly talking about telemetry and how Apple isn't like MS doing it regardless.

Ok. Well, that confused me, and that screwed up the conversation. Apologies.