Windows 10 November update (th2). A service was renamed.

Yongtjunkit

Apparently this is literally the same as just opening up Settings and adjusting the privacy settings that way. I'll have to verify that claim when I get home.

It's not, there are a lot more settings that this program changes. Run it and you'll see :)

Telemetry data collecting and all that is at the 'GUI stuff' level.

I'll be surprised if Apple doesn't collect them. Windows XP and up collected them, many large web sites you visit do as well. They know where you click, where you hove the mouse, how long you stay on a specific page, on and all that.

What people don't understand is that telemetry data collecting is a way to make a survey to better improve a product or service. And this is nothing new. When you go shop at a big store, they use the security cameras to beside monitoring for security purposes, also for telemetry data collecting. It analyses people to know which section of the store you have been standing around (to know which product you are interested), and see what other product you get to, and build relationship. That is why in many stores, they move stock around every now and then. Same at restaurants. They are hidden cameras, that monitor select tables as sample to know what the table order, how much you stay, measure the service quality, measure how much you eat the food, etc. Even fast food restaurants, sometimes they send people discussed as customers, who monitors how people stay in line, how much time they decide what to order, etc, and makes report.

Yeah I am not against that. Hell, even Ubuntu has similar stuff and I don't mind. Like anyone is gonna care about my fetishes or how long I stare at a webpage. Bullshit. If it helps the software become better or stay free (in the case of Ubuntu), then I have no problem. Besides it is mostly "anonymous" info collected, so I care even less. I was just stating the fact that OS X is not exactly a "proprietary" OS like Windows is.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Yeah I am not against that. Hell, even Ubuntu has similar stuff and I don't mind. Like anyone is gonna care about my fetishes or how long I stare at a webpage. Bullshit. If it helps the software become better or stay free (in the case of Ubuntu), then I have no problem. Besides it is mostly "anonymous" info collected, so I care even less. I was just stating the fact that OS X is not exactly a "proprietary" OS like Windows is.

And how do you know the data is anonymous?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

And how do you know the data is anonymous?

I have not given them my name :P Other than that yeah they can probably use my ip and find out whatever they want, but I care too little. However I can understand how some people do not want this and I respect that. After reading all of the replies, I have to admit that it looks like GoodBytes is poking a dead horse with a stick. We all know MS is collecting data with Windows 10 and you can't turn that off completely. That is fact.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)