If you need to disable Windows 10 Updates, Here's how.

Here is my post on Reddit

Here is the Microsoft Support chat that showed me how to disable Windows 10 Updates you can still check for and install updates manually.

1Fut7In.png

PQFMQxZ.png

0IJJU5e.png

ii2gPNq.png

EtQo7fD.png

BAGuJhq.png

AaNXTp2.png

KwDGhyq.png

Ry2EMxS.png

ThieXfg.png

qRE9V7R.png

Here is a link to the album if you don't want to view it see it in the spoiler brackets. http://imgur.com/a/ykcN4

This is an update to Windows 10 Updates are Annoying 

These are why we need to be able to choose our updates and parts of them. I only need Windows to update Windows, I can deal with Intel myself.

Microsoft is annoying me (as much as Apple annoys me that my iPod doesn't remember to "Trust this computer"), If I install the latest Intel graphics drivers, with Intel's own damn driver application, I get a Windows update, not for windows but for my Intel graphics drivers. Windows wants me to use old Intel drivers in that don't work anymore, I've tried them, all my subtitles and video content get f*cked. But if let Windows do its thing then update the drivers on my own, the next time I use my PC Windows Update says my drivers are out of date and I need to update.

Here is what happens with the outdated drivers Windows Update wants me to use:

This occurs in VLC video subtitles, game visuals and Windows own media viewing applications.

Battlefield 4, with current Intel drivers runs fine, with the ones Microsoft thinks are current...

the camo on my weapons is supposed to be Flat Snow aka plain white, and yes my clan is NSA.

I didn't put this in troubleshooting because there is no solution other than waiting for Microsoft to update what drivers they consider current.

Feel free to share your annoyances with Windows Update in Windows 10 below.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Thats common knowledge  :D

and why would you wanna disable updates, that are important for the wellbeing of your computer.

Not sure why OP would want to disable update. There is an option to tell it to download Microsoft updates only and not other things (like Intel drivers).

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

and why would you wanna disable updates, that are important for the wellbeing of your computer.

Some people just enjoy having security holes and vulnerabilities in their devices :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Defs nothing to do with constant new ways that M$ spys on you :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well I didn't know it (and in my troubleshooting topic nobody was able to tell me this), been using an iMac for years, built a PC just over 2 years ago, all my PC experience prior is on Windows XP, 98, 2000, CE, and some old server OS, the schools I've been in have never had anything over XP.

But here's why I needed to: I have the latest Intel Graphics Drivers direct from Intel's own application, Windows Update keeps installing older ones.

Yes, they might steal your valuable cat picture. What will you do then.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I do not see how this is a PSA. 

More like a POS

(Publicly Opined Statement)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not sure why OP would want to disable update. There is an option to tell it to download Microsoft updates only and not other things (like Intel drivers).

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

I already had that done after initial Windows 10 install setup, but it still kept installing old Intel Graphics Drivers. It has been set to "never install driver software from Windows update" ever since I installed Windows.

PSA? Really?

Why are so many people putting it in their details? -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

PSA? Really?

Why are so many people putting it in their details? -_-

Because apparently there are those that have no idea what a PSA is or what it means ...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

M$ is the least of your problems.