AMD moves all pre-graphics core next gpus to legacy support and they are now Retired

AlTech

Well no current GPU offers "full" DX12 support. Basically all GCN cards offer full DX12_0 support though. DX12 support on the NVIDIA side is pretty scattered all over the place with some 12_0 and some 12_1 support, but not all of both.

I'm guessing that Pascal probably won't have full 12_0 + 12_1 support either, but if anyone has confirmation (one way or the other), that would be great.

If you are a user looking specifically for DX12 compatibility, I would personally look at AMD first, especially with their upcoming GPU's coming out (hopefully) not too long from now. Pascal may very well address all the missing DX12 hardware support that Maxwell doesn't have, but I imagine it was too far along in development to make many hardware level changes.

Planning to stick with AMD because atm it looks like they are more familiar with DX12 than Nvidia.

And also Nvidia did some things i don't like so they won't get my money becuase of that.

Not an amd fanboy, but my 6950 served me well and i'm still happy with it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Planning to stick with AMD because atm it looks like they are more familiar with DX12 than Nvidia.

And also Nvidia did some things i don't like so they won't get my money becuase of that.

Not an amd fanboy, but my 6950 served me well and i'm still happy with it.

Just remember that at the end of the day they are both companies who have done bad things.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just remember that at the end of the day they are both companies who have done bad things.

Yes true, but if i take a look at what nvidia did the last couple of months compared to AMD, my choice is quickly made.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Yes true, but if i take a look at what nvidia did the last couple of months compared to AMD, my choice is quickly made.

Look at what they've done in the last 10 years as a whole....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

True, AMD isn't an innocent baby. But his reasons are as good as any, considering that at any given price point, AMD and NVIDIA are pretty competitive, with AMD often getting the edge (depending on regional pricing). NVIDIA only really dominates the very high end (980 Ti) in terms of value, with how well 980 Ti's tend to overclock. However, anything under the 980 Ti, I would seriously consider AMD first, given the (often, but not always) better value for the same performance.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Look at what they've done in the last 10 years as a whole....

10 years is a LONG time, i limit the things to 2-3 years, and how their plans are for the future.