PowerColor PCS+ R9 390

Tobleh

Does anyone have experience with the PowerColor R9 390?
I'm strongly considering saving up to get a new GPU, after I purchase a better power supply of course. I feel like the 390 is a solid choice because it's a big upgrade from my 7850 without being crazy expensive. I really like the look of the one by PowerColor, but I worry that the lower price compared to the other 390's may mean that it is lesser quality. What are your thoughts, and would you recommend this card? Any and all help is appreciated!

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

I'm strongly considering saving up to get a new GPU, after I purchase a better power supply of course. I feel like the 390 is a solid choice because it's a big upgrade from my 7850 without being crazy expensive. I really like the look of the one by PowerColor, but I worry that the lower price compared to the other 390's may mean that it is lesser quality. What are your thoughts, and would you recommend this card? Any and all help is appreciated!

Its a beast, my buddy got one

Keeps it cool, but it tends to be a tad loud 

TechPowerUp covered it pretty well if you want a solid review 

(Personally I'd recommend the Sapphire Nitro though :P)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

powercolors are notorious for being loud from what i have heard

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Hmm, any 390 is still a 390, but dat Sapphire backplate. I'd wait. But I'm a Sapphire fanboy.

I can second the Sapphire Nitro! (I assume thats what you were referring to) 

Its a fantastic card

I can second the Sapphire Nitro! (I assume thats what you were referring to) 

Its a fantastic card

Yep, the Nitro OC with the backplate has a rebate on it right now. And I'd marry mine if I was in the right state.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

MSI has been having crazy deals on the 390x and gtx 980. Both have been around $350 which used to be the price of the aftermarket 390 for a while. A 390 is a 390 but you shouldn't spend more than $300 when for a little more you can get a 390x or 980

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

I'd get the MSI R9 390 cause it looks way better and is just as good, but both the Sapphire Nitro and the PowerColor PCS+ are beasts as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I appreciate all the responses! (sorry I can't quote them all)

I've definitely looked at the Nitro, I was debating between it and the PowerColor which is sorta why I made this topic. I like the look of both, but didn't know if the $35 price difference between the two would show when it came down to performance. If you guys recommend the Nitro over the PowerColor then I will definitely save up for that. Again, thanks for all the responses they help a lot! :D

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

Can't say i have experience with the 390, but i do have with the 290, decent quality card, but if you dont like noisy cards then i would stay away, because it sure is loud at load. If you can get the Sapphire instead then i would 100% go for that instead.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

I appreciate all the responses! (sorry I can't quote them all)

I've definitely looked at the Nitro, I was debating between it and the PowerColor which is sorta why I made this topic. I like the look of both, but didn't know if the $35 price difference between the two would show when it came down to performance. If you guys recommend the Nitro over the PowerColor then I will definitely save up for that. Again, thanks for all the responses they help a lot! :D

If the Nitro is 35$ more expensive, don't get it! The PowerColor is just as good. If the MSI is around the price of PowerColor, get the MSI. If also that much more expensive, not worth it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Powercolor is loud because the default fan profile is really aggressive. Other than that its fine. You can make your own fan profile in ab as well.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

If the Nitro is 35$ more expensive, don't get it! The PowerColor is just as good. If the MSI is around the price of PowerColor, get the MSI. If also that much more expensive, not worth it.

Powercolor is loud because the default fan profile is really aggressive. Other than that its fine. You can make your own fan profile in ab as well.

Thanks for the responses! I was assuming the Nitro was better by a decent margin just from how much everyone was clamoring on about it, but to know there isn't much difference besides noisy fans then I probably will go with the PowerColor. I don't really mind a bit of noise, and as I know now I can just fix that anyway. Also sorry Morgan the MSI card doesn't fit into the color scheme I'm planning, also it's more expensive than the PowerColor. Anyway, thanks again for the responses guys! I'm still learning and all the help is appreciated. :D

Thanks for the responses! I was assuming the Nitro was better by a decent margin just from how much everyone was clamoring on about it, but to know there isn't much difference besides noisy fans then I probably will go with the PowerColor. I don't really mind a bit of noise, and as I know now I can just fix that anyway. Also sorry Morgan the MSI card doesn't fit into the color scheme I'm planning, also it's more expensive than the PowerColor. Anyway, thanks again for the responses guys! I'm still learning and all the help is appreciated. :D

You can just tune the default fan curve, it has 3 fans and a pretty beefy rad so it should handle the 390 chip very well so it won't be noisy. If choosing for the same money, I'd get Sapphire, but if the price difference is 35$, no way.