Favorite Quote

gastew15

From funny - "Live forever or die trying".

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

From funny - "Live forever or die trying".

I like how this is something  that's actually easily achievable for once.

Not as easy as the low expectation gem from the movie dodge ball; although, I can't seem to remember how it went exactly...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Tough to choose one, so:

*Signature*
‎”Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” -Audrey Hepburn

‎”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

"Human curiosity cannot be quelled by a simple lecture."

I keep a favorite quotes list on my phone and I picked one a random.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

"Human curiosity cannot be quelled by a simple lecture."

I keep a favorite quotes list on my phone and I picked one a random.

That's a nice simple, yet meaningful quote, and I like it!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

If this is the price to be paid for an idea, then let us pay. There is no need of being troubled about it, afraid, or ashamed. This is the time to boldly say, “Yes, I believe in the displacement of this system of injustice by a just one; I believe in the end of starvation, exposure, and the crimes caused by them; I believe in the human soul regnant over all laws which man has made or will make; I believe there is no peace now, and there will never be peace, so long as one rules over another; I believe in the total disintegration and dissolution of the principle and practice of authority; I am an Anarchist, and if for this you condemn me, I stand ready to receive your condemnation.

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.

From this forum - "Picture or it didnt happen"

Overall - "Count for the best - prepare for the worst"

that is from any forum ever created

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Not necessarily a favorite but I like it.

So this might get me in trouble but I genuinely believe it is true ...

"There are four hundred thousand words in the English language, and there are seven you can't say on television. What a ratio that is: 399,993 to 7. They must really be bad; they'd have to be outrageous to be separated from a group that large! "All of you over here, you seven? BAD WORDS." That's what they told us they were, remember? "That's a bad word!" ...No bad words; bad thoughts, bad intentions...and words. You know the seven, don't you, that you cant’t say on television? Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits. Those are the heavy seven. Those are the ones that will infect your soul, curve your spine, and keep the country from winning the war."

-George Carlin (Class Clown, 1972)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I got many favorites, but here is the first one:

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

- Ancient Arabic quote.

I thought that was from Sun Tzu...

"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it! And then he perfected it until no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, herded them onto a boat, and beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward, every time a bunch of animals are together in one place they call it a 'zoo'!"

-The Soldier

(Not my favorite quote, but just a funny one).

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.
On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.

― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

So this might get me in trouble but I genuinely believe it is true ...

"There are four hundred thousand words in the English language, and there are seven you can't say on television. What a ratio that is: 399,993 to 7. They must really be bad; they'd have to be outrageous to be separated from a group that large! "All of you over here, you seven? BAD WORDS." That's what they told us they were, remember? "That's a bad word!" ...No bad words; bad thoughts, bad intentions...and words. You know the seven, don't you, that you cant’t say on television? Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits. Those are the heavy seven. Those are the ones that will infect your soul, curve your spine, and keep the country from winning the war."

-George Carlin (Class Clown, 1972)

Yea, it's defiantly a little strong in the language department, but still an interesting one.

Its in my sig.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.

This one definitely holds a large amount of truth in such a small sentence.

Cheesy, but it's impressively correct.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche 

Definitely a good one, and it really is something that a lot of soldiers, governments, and others should take a step back, and remember.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Not necessarily a favorite but I like it.

This is a good quote for a few reasons at least I think, one is that shows people they should respect those who do in fact go out and protect them ( or at least thing they are, but that's a different story ), and 2 it kind of breaks people away from their imaginary fairy tale land in which the world doesn't have terrible things happening in it every day.

I got many favorites, but here is the first one:

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

I can't say I fully understand this one, but that may be due to the fact that I'm not quite there to understand that one. ( I kind of get that it's like all these terrible things, and of course, another gentlemen, but I think that there is a deeper meaning to it perhaps. )

Its in my sig.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

A rather dark one in a lot of ways, but indeed rather true.

A rather dark one in a lot of ways, but indeed rather true.

It is. But I like to recognize that there is darkness and then appreciate the light I can see.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I can't say I fully understand this one, but that may be due to the fact that I'm not quite there to understand that one. ( I kind of get that it's like all these terrible things, and of course, another gentlemen, but I think that there is a deeper meaning to it perhaps. )

People who are quick to anger arent half as dangerous as those who smile, turn the other cheek, forgive and show patience...because everyone has a limit. When someone who has been storing it up, ends up snapping, that is when you will see what fury is.

http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/the-anger-of-a-gentle-man

:)

And the last quote of today:

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

― Rose Kennedy

http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/the-anger-of-a-gentle-man

:)

And the last quote of today:

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

― Rose Kennedy

1: Thanks for the link, since that really did bring the one quote to the light.

2: I definitely like that quote as well, since people really don't forget things.

( You diffidently had a lot of good quotes on here that's for sure )

It is. But I like to recognize that there is darkness and then appreciate the light I can see.

That is pretty uplifting way to go about one like that, and still actually make use of it.

"And the oracle said onto me that I was the wisest of all the greek, because I know that I know nothing at all" - Socrates (Plato)

"I would never be member of a club that would have people like me as a member" - Groucho Marx

"Death is nothing to us, since when we exist, death does not exist, and when there is death, no longer exist" - Epicurus

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

"A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man."

-Lana Turner 

hmm

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6