Favorite Quote

gastew15

This is of course a rather random topic, but it seems like it could have interesting potential. All you have to do is put your #1 quote on, and perferbly where it's from, yea... ( how to use a forum 101 xP ) I'll start with mine then, " It's simple, kill the dead person " -Another
To be fair, I haven't seen the show in awhile, so it may be paraphrased a bit, but still.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

From a friend of mine: "I'm full...and I'm still eating." 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

Hmm, interesting.. A bit philosophical, but definitely an interesting choice.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

From a friend of mine: "I'm full...and I'm still eating." 

Sounds like me, since I used to stop eating at all you can eat places when I threw up from eating more than my stomach could hold.. ( Perhaps not the best practice ) XD

From this forum - "Picture or it didnt happen"

Overall - "Count for the best - prepare for the worst"

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

uhh... I just now realized this, but is it possible to change the name of the topic since I spelled quote wrong..

Hmm, interesting.. A bit philosophical, but definitely an interesting choice.

It was just the quote that I remembered of the top of my head, It's somewhat butchered because I translated it from German to English, but it gets its point across

uhh... I just now realized this, but is it possible to change the name of the topic since I spelled quote wrong..

Use the full editor 

From this forum - "Picture or it didnt happen"

Overall - "Count for the best - prepare for the worst"

The picture or it didn't happen one doesn't hold up as well anymore with the popularity of Photoshop, but it's still quite common. ( I like how I'm tearing apart your quote here.. I'm the worst huh? XD )   I do like the second one quite a bit though, since it is a good way to live your life.

"I'd rather die terrified than live forever." - A Softer World

I like this one quite a bit as well, but I'm also curious on the context of this one as well, since it seems like it was right before he/she did something "heroic"?

To be or not to be that is the question. - Hamlet

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis. - Divine Comedy

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

To be or not to be that is the question. - Hamlet

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis. - Divine Comedy

The second one is definitely a rather powerful quote indeed. The first quote well, I never really understood the significance, or real meaning behind it. ( I should change the title to " Tell me your favorite quote so I can nit pick at it )

The one in my sig.

What really makes a good one is when you're scuba diving, and... well, you get the picture...

“it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”

― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

“People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance.”

― Niccolò Machiavelli

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Every time you drink a glass of water, the odds are good that you imbibe at least one molecule that passed through the bladder of Oliver Cromwell.

-Elementary Probabilty Theory

“it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”

― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

“People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance.”

― Niccolò Machiavelli

Starting to lay down some deep quotes now I see, but they're definitely good ones though.

Every time you drink a glass of water, the odds are good that you imbibe at least one molecule that passed through the bladder of Oliver Cromwell.

-Elementary Probabilty Theory

Well umm.. eww? Ok, well I guess waters not really all that clean in that sense since it has always been around, but interesting, and disturbing. ( also, shout-out to Oliver Cormwell! That glass of water earlier was quite good )

“Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?” - Anton LeVey

"The human being is not the lord of beings, but the shepherd of Being" - Martin Heidegger

"“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret it either way; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it; believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret it either way; believing a woman or not believing her, you will regret it both ways. Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the essence of all philosophy” - Soren Kierkegaard

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

- Ancient Arabic quote.

“Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?” - Anton LeVey

"The human being is not the lord of beings, but the shepherd of Being" - Martin Heidegger

"“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret it either way; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it; believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret it either way; believing a woman or not believing her, you will regret it both ways. Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the essence of all philosophy” - Soren Kierkegaard

I actually really liked that " long " quote.

Ohh no!!! Last time I saw google the topic was deleted...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users