Russian Bombing: Single missile attack kills 600 jihadis

Source #1 wang: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/620958/Russian-airstrikes-Syria-kill-600-Moscow-doubles-jets

Source #2 wang: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/609757/Putin-ISIS-Islamic-State-Syria-Raqqa-troops-soldiers-air-strike-jets-military

Russia blitzed 600 rebels in single cruise missile strike, defense officials revealed today, as Moscow announced it was DOUBLING the number of jets used to pound ISIS target in Syria.

The Russian defense minister said the air force was increasing the number of aircraft involved in pounding jihadis to 69.

Moscow's warplanes have carried out a staggering 394 sorties in just the last three days, hitting 731 rebel target across in Syria.

It comes amid confusion over whether Russia will send in boots on the ground, with the Kremlin today saying they will not launch a full-scale ground war for the time being.

But they refused to rule out such action in future amid reports that Putin is preparing to send in 150,000 troops  to end the reign of evil ISIS once and for all.

Defence minister Sergei Shoigu added that more than 600 rebels had been eliminated as a result of a single cruise missile strike on a target in Syrian Deir ez-Zour province.

A fleet of Russian warships in the Caspian sea seperately launched 18 cruise missiles on " terrorist positions" in Syria earlier today.

The strike ordered by Vladimir Putin hit seven targets in the Syrian provinces of Raqqa, Aleppo and idlib.

The russian strongman has ordered his military not to let up their raids as ISIS continues to degraded by a sustained aerial bombardment.

Moscow is also planning a three-day naval exercise in the Mediterranean and has reportedly warned Lebanon that its airspace will be affected by the manoeuvre.

But Mr Putin has admitted that his country's efforts have so far failed to protect Russia from terrorist attacks.

Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and US Secretary of State John Kerry spoke earlier by phone to discuss the need for joint efforts to combat ISIS In Syria.

British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond has said there are clear signs that Russia has turned its fire in Syria on ISIS - also known as ISIL - in the past few days.

Speaking during a visit to Cyprus earlier this week, Mr Hammond said: "We have seen over the last 48 hours that the Russians are clearly focusing more effort on counter-ISIL, which is good.

"I don't doubt that the Russians believe every bit as much as we do in the need to destroy ISIL. And in fact Russia is every bit as threatened by ISIL and the ideology behind it as we are."

But tensions remain between Mr Putin and the Turkish authorities.

On Friday, Turkey summoned Russia's ambassador in protest over the "intensive" bombing of Turkmen villages in northern Syria by Russian warplanes.

Turkey called for an immediate end to the Russian military operation, which is near the Turkish border, the foreign ministry said in a statement.

"It was stressed that the Russian side's actions were not a fight against terror, but they bombed civilian Turkmen villages and this could lead to serious consequences," the foreign ministry said.

Meanwhile, Moscow has said ISIS was so overwhelmed with casualties in the attacks it is having to crudely hide dead bodies at night.

The Russian army's Colonel General Andrey Kartapolov said: "The militants have admitted the death of 'Abu Nurlbagasi', 'Muhammad ibn Khayrat' and 'Al-Okab' as a result of Russian airstrikes in the area of Aleppo.

"In order to conceal the true number of casualties, the evacuation of the dead and wounded militants is carried out in the dark.

"According to our data, due to heavy losses and the inability to bury all of the eliminated terrorists in accordance with Islamic tradition, the commanders decided to dump the bodies of ordinary militants in sewage pits."

The Russian leader is reportedly mounting an enormous military mission to take control of the terror group's stronghold of Raqqa.

The city is the self-declared capital of ISIS in Syria and is patrolled by as many as 5,000 jihadi members.

Putin is set to mobilise 150,000 reservists who he conscripted into the military in September.

Yesterday, following the Paris attacksPutin hinted he was ready to join forces with the West to tackle Islamic State.

He told David Cameron: "The recent tragic events in France show that we should join efforts in preventing terror."

Syria-air-strike-358821.jpg

358866.jpg

80875.jpg

thank you russia.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Nice. I never thought I would say this, but go Russia.

But is it really tech news?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Holy Shhhh....

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

AWESOME

on a side note can we use extremists instead of jihadis? Jihadi literally means someone that is (physically) fighting for a cause they believe in

also hi Linus

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Nice. I never thought I would say this, but go Russia.

But is it really tech news?

its good news, regardless of tech.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

what a lad.

Putin, you are now and honorary bro

How about no.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Glad to hear it. I respect Putin and Russia for laying them to waste.

Although admittedly it should be the US doing this, as after all, our ineffective leadership in the east has caused most of the problems.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Well, while I am glad someone is taking action against ISIL and making them hurt hard, I wonder how many innocents are dying in these strikes.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well, while I am glad someone is taking action against ISIL and making them hurt hard, I wonder how many innocents are dying in these strikes.

I don't think they don't have innocent civilians anymore because the country is in a war zone, and it hard to identify who is foe or friend because they can act outside as a innocent, but inside still ISIS plan. 

I read the first couple lines and immediately thought of a pr0n title because of how the said sentences were worded

Russians double up on hot jihadi girl

something like that.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Excellent. Thank you, Putin.

U6IgW3c.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I don't think they don't have innocent civilians anymore because the country is in a war zone, and it hard to identify who is foe or friend because they can act outside as a innocent, but inside still ISIS plan. 

Well it certainly wouldn't be the first time an Islamic extremist used innocent people (their own wives, mind you) as shields though, so that's really what I'm worried about. Who knows how many innocent people ISIL stored in houses around them or had locked up with them.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Russians double up on hot jihadi girl

something like that.

Hey, count me in man. I want my sword to point up in a cave. 

Some video

Source

https://www.rt.com/news/322881-russia-cruise-missiles-isis/

Edited by eLucid

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Gotta wonder how many civilians went with the 600 extremists...

They've probably learned by now the rules of engagement for Russia.  "There are no rules of engagement."  Russia, and Putin probably has an acceptable loss ratio, like most countries, for civilians to hostiles killed.  We'll probably find the numbers out in the coming weeks, but Russia never has, and probably never will care about how they look on the world stage.  They get some terrifying results at times.

They've probably learned by now the rules of engagement for Russia.  "There are no rules of engagement."  Russia, and Putin probably has an acceptable loss ratio, like most countries, for civilians to hostiles killed.  We'll probably find the numbers out in the coming weeks, but Russia never has, and probably never will care about how they look on the world stage.  They get some terrifying results at times.

Yea it's kinda sad that most countries have these "acceptable loss ratios." As far as I'm concerned, once you begin to accept murdering the very people you claim to be trying to protect, you've lost any claim to being on a moral high ground. I'm not specifically calling out Russia here. I don't really expect much from Putin in the way of morality, it just shames me to be part of a country that does pretty much the same thing. I know someone's gonna be pissed because I have this opinion, but that's my two cents worth and I don't really care to argue it, so to whoever decides to try and rebuke me for caring too much about human life, don't be surprised if I don't respond.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

-Snippity snipper snip-

It's perfectly understandable to have that opinion and think on the moral highground.  Russia is going in there not to save anyone, or protect anyone in there except for their own people back home.  This is them eliminating a threat.  Everyone is a necessary loss.  As for the US and many other countries - it's the sad part of war - be it on terror or with another country.  Innocents will suffer and die - it has to be that way, and always has been that way to end threats.  It is a sad thing, but one day we'll have an end to all wars.  Singularity or we'll nuke ourselves in to oblivion.  The former is a few decades off, and the latter is.. well, any day now.  Just gotta have Soldier Homer Simpson fall asleep and facedesk the launch button.

It's perfectly understandable to have that opinion and think on the moral highground.  Russia is going in there not to save anyone, or protect anyone in there except for their own people back home.  This is them eliminating a threat.  Everyone is a necessary loss.  As for the US and many other countries - it's the sad part of war - be it on terror or with another country.  Innocents will suffer and die - it has to be that way, and always has been that way to end threats.  It is a sad thing, but one day we'll have an end to all wars.  Singularity or we'll nuke ourselves in to oblivion.  The former is a few decades off, and the latter is.. well, any day now.  Just gotta have Soldier Homer Simpson fall asleep and facedesk the launch button.

And as painful and sad as it is that innocents are dying in an attempt to end evil, it would be far worse if every country sat back while ISIL/etc rained havoc everywhere they went unchecked. If each and every country decided that causalities meant more than the end of the terror itself that took even more lives, our world would be a lot more fiendish. We aren't yet at a part in human history to be able to prevent or end wars/problems or terrors without bloodshed (assuming that is even possible)...this is all we can do.

(I laughed at the Simpson thing and then I realized that could very well happen...)

And as painful and sad as it is that innocents are dying in an attempt to end evil, it would be far worse if every country sat back while ISIL/etc rained havoc everywhere they went unchecked. If each and every country decided that causalities meant more than the end of the terror itself that took even more lives, our world would be a lot more fiendish. We aren't yet at a part in human history to be able to prevent or end wars or terrors without bloodshed (assuming that is even possible)...this is all we can do.

(I laughed at the Simpson thing and then I realized that could very well happen...)

It almost did once.  A gate was left unlocked of a nuclear operations center in South Dakota.  The base called for pizza, and the guy walked right in, with no guards at the gate, and a silo bay was -wide- open.  It could happen any day now, due to negligence.   

As for the rest - yep.  It's sad, but civilians will always be a necessary casualty in war.  The bright-side is that their loss will not be in vain, and peace can be enjoyed by the world, and all those they leave behind when the conflict is over with.  A new tomorrow.  After all the explosions, sometimes.. -partly- genocidal troops, and that one napalm strike for the effect of it.  Bright tomorrows at the end of it all, though!