Building a pc

Tatertot711

@Tatertot711

Don't forget a Wifi adapter if you don't already have one. 

TP-Link makes good USB adapters under $20 such as TL-WN823N.

It should hurt to type that, sorry,I'm not really sorry but I've been told to be nice"er".

There is only one place you stick a cheap TP-Link adapter, and it hurts them, which is good.

Go hardline by what ever means it takes, or get an AC router and adapter.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

It should hurt to type that, sorry,I'm not really sorry but I've been told to be nice"er".

There is only one place you stick a cheap TP-Link adapter, and it hurts them, which is good.

50ft ethernet FTW!

:lol:

Asus AC router/adapter master race B)

I will probably do a powerline adapter soon, I tested out my brother's at my place.  I drop down to 40MB/s download, but I can deal with that.  The line running through my hallway can be annoying. 

I will probably do a powerline adapter soon, I tested out my brother's at my place.  I drop down to 40MB/s download, but I can deal with that.  The line running through my hallway can be annoying. 

I rent a room so have no choice but to run wireless. I started with a cheap N900 TP-Link and still have flashbacks. But they say the drugs are helping with that.

Whatever, bro.  I've got experience with multiple TP-Link wifi adapters of different models. Hate them if you want, but that'll be your opinion versus mine. 

Whatever, bro.  I've got experience with multiple TP-Link wifi adapters of different models. Hate them if you want, but that'll be your opinion versus mine. 

Let me correct a possible misunderstanding, if I may? I hate cheap adapters. I hate cheap N900 adapters connected to cheap N900 routers meant for browsing the internet giving more package loss than UPS during the holidays if they employed drunk workers connecting to multiplayer servers.

Hope that helps.

Let me correct a possible misunderstanding, if I may? I hate cheap adapters. I hate cheap N900 adapters connected to cheap N900 routers meant for browsing the internet giving more package loss than UPS during the holidays if they employed drunk workers connecting to multiplayer servers.

Hope that helps.

The elaboration is perfect. I've never had any issues at all with two of the adapters I specifically referenced or one of their wireless-G adapters (that is still being used, bought it probably 5 or 6 years ago)  on different computers and two different networks. 

The elaboration is perfect. I've never had any issues at all with two of the adapters I specifically referenced or one of their wireless-G adapters (that is still being used, bought it probably 5 or 6 years ago)  on different computers and two different networks. 

But can it run Crysis? Surfing the web is nothing compared to gaming. That is where the cheap adapter fail. That and it took me 12hrs to download Fallout 3 using the adapter you suggested, Fallout 4 using an Asus AC router/adapter took half an hour.

But can it run Crysis? Surfing the web is nothing compared to gaming. That is where the cheap adapter fail. That and it took me 12hrs to download Fallout 3 using the adapter you suggested, Fallout 4 using an Asus AC router/adapter took half an hour.

Yep. I've seen my son screenshare over Skype (he has two displays) while chatting with friends and gaming at the same time.

He gets 4-5MBps downloading on Steam. It's a great adapter. Thats why I bought two. 

Yep. I've seen my son screenshare over Skype (he has two displays) while chatting with friends and gaming at the same time. 

It's a matter of semantics. I don't consider the speed at which N900 operates as working when in the context of a performance PC. But to each their own.

It's a matter of semantics. I don't consider the speed at which N900 operates as working when in the context of a performance PC. But to each their own.

I think it's more than a matter of semantics.  More like a combination of the specific models and wireless interference.  Interference is why I mentioned two networks in two homes.  I'm telling you... the adapters I have are solid. 

I think it's more than a matter of semantics.  More like a combination of the specific models and wireless interference.  Interference is why I mentioned two networks in two homes.  I'm telling you... the adapters I have are solid. 

I will test this, not today but soon. I still have the TP-Link N900 adapter I started with. I could see how it does with my comically powerful router. Seeing as though it performed worse in the exact same spot as my 8 year old Toshiba laptop, I'm not going to expect much, but I love to test stuff.

I got the internet thing worked out my dad works is the head of IT at a local college so he gets all the goodies, he brought home like a $2,000 router our internet speed is like 400Megs, of course with an ethernet connection i'm just going to run an ethernet cable to my room :D