Best AMD CPU

Rienks

What is the best overall AMD CPU? Mainly for Gaming, Editing, Streaming. Min Quad Cores. Under $200 but best overall I don't care

Do you play football/soccer?

Cause you look like a left-back

8370E overclocks to 5.2ghz roughly with a sabretooth board. If you have a lesser board mileage will vary.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Do intel dude.

I am I'm curious about AMD CPUs

I'd get a Athlon X4 860K. It's much newer than the FX series and goes for around $70.

I'd get a Athlon X4 860K. It's much newer than the FX series and goes for around $70.

I got mine clocked @ 4.4GHz on a $40 motherboard.

[removed]

FX, A10 or Athlon x4 what in your opinion is better

Edited by Godlygamer23

best budget cpu:athlon 860k

best budget apu: a10-7850k

if you want to stream/edit, fx 8320E cheapest solution

The site has changed....

The 8350 or 8370 are the best

The FX9000 series is just garbage and should never be bought

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

FX, A10 or Athlon x4 what in your opinion is better

Can't comment, I've only ever used FX chips.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

First bit, okay, second, not so much.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Unless you want and overclocked cpu with a warranty, but if your cpu dies not a long time after you get it then your cpu wasn't all that great to begin with.

Can you not be a cunt for 4 mins? Thanks!

Those are fighting words, watch out for warning points.

Personally I don't think many if any of the current AMD CPU's are really worth it- as performance wise the top tier ones cost about the same and perform slightly lesser than their Intel i5 counter parts- the only ones that really make any sense are the X4 860k (which with the G3258 now only $50 even that is questionable) and some of the APU's in very certain situations. IMO until Zen comes out no AMD CPU is really worth it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Can't comment, I've only ever used FX chips.

Thoughts on the FX 9590?

First bit, okay, second, not so much.

It's a fact the FX9000 CPUs are stupid, thats why Linus said they're garbage three years ago

Unless you want and overclocked cpu with a warranty, but if your cpu dies not a long time after you get it then your cpu wasn't all that great to begin with.

You can OC an any CPU as much as you want and still have warranty

when you RMA they dont ask you if you overclocked or not

I got a brand new 3770k no questions asked

Edited by Godlygamer23

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I thought if you overclock then your warranty is voided.

It's a fact the FX9000 CPUs are stupid, thats why Linus said they're garbage three years ago

Linus' opinions are as valid as mine, we're both human. Opinions aren't always facts.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Thoughts on the FX 9590?

Pick one up 2nd hand with a sabretooth motherboard, you'll be golden.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Thoughts on the FX 9590?

1 word: Don't get it

If you can use all 8 threads more than 50% of the time, get an FX 8350+top AM3+ motherboard+high end water cooler and overclock it to 5GHz.

Edit: BTW, it has 4 modules 8 integer units/alu since its CMT based

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 word: Don't get it

If you can use all 8 threads more than 50% of the time, get an FX 8350+top AM3+ motherboard+high end water cooler and overclock it to 5GHz.

Edit: BTW, it has 4 modules 8 integer units/alu since its CMT based

8350 5GHz Dark Rock 3?

I thought if you overclock then your warranty is voided.

That's what they say, there actually is no way of knowing if a CPU has been overclocked or not

They dont enforce it, you just RMA and they give you a new one

And btw, its nearly impossible to kill a CPU by overclocking it, the only way is to make it overheat with improper cooling

You can make a CPU overheat with or without an overclock

And you can still RMA it after that anyway :)

Linus' opinions are as valid as mine, we're both human. Opinions aren't always facts.

Sorry but there is a big difference between an opinion and a fact

A product that

1) is more expensive

2) performs worse

3) uses more power to run

4) requires liquid cooling

5) can kill your motherboard

6) can barely be overclocked

is NOT a good product.

Spoiler

8350 5GHz Dark Rock 3?

Water cooling would be optimal

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

8350 5GHz Dark Rock 3?

A large dual tower air cooler can get an 8370E to 5ghz easily, please take the advice and get an E chip.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken