I think I'm starting to like EA 0_O

Eyal

Never thought I'd be able to say it, but I'm starting to like EA. That humble bundle is a big factor. Is there something really wrong with me? Help me to go back on my feet.

If they keep doing good things then we should all like EA

Totally agree. I'm just shocked, both from EA and from myself...

Might be a ploy to lull us into a false sense of security. >.>

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

No.........No.....No..No.No.No.No.NOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

KILL IT BEFORE IT MULTIPLIES.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I agree the recent actions are making me like them more and more again. However the cynic in me looks at the Humble Bundle and thinks hmmmm why are they doing this....

Well:

• They are giving Dead Space 1 + 3 away which means players will quite probably be tempted to purchase the 2nd one to get a complete story.
  • Crysis 2 again its the middle of a trilogy of games which will encourage players to purchase 1 (if they haven't already played it) and 3
  • Mirror's Edge when the 2nd one has just been announced and teased so it is a clear hype builder, get people playing it so they buy the 2nd one.
  • BF3 well BF4 is just around the corner, give some CoD turncoats a chance to pick it up and try it cheaply.
  • Medal of Honor, Very similar motives to BF3, its the same engine and same type of game just a stepping stone almost between CoD and BF.
  • The Sims 3 is obvious, in the hope people will purchase some of the numerous expansions.
  • Burnout Paradise is one I can't quite figure out, although new Need For Speed comes out soon.

And of course conveniently timed with these encouragements to complete game sets or purchase expansions is the Origin sale where you can pick up a Sims expansion for only £14.99 or a BF3 kit short cut for £3.25.

So it seems like there is some alterior motive behind their actions but I am not sure its an evil plan this time just a respectable business plan while giving gamers a honestly decent deal.

EA has really started to earn back my respect with the humble bundle, however the games they recently added to the bundle are just plain weak.

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

EA has really started to earn back my respect with the humble bundle, however the games they recently added to the bundle are just plain weak.

But it's still cheaper than buying one game normally

I agree the recent actions are making me like them more and more again. However the cynic in me looks at the Humble Bundle and thinks hmmmm why are they doing this....

Well:

• They are giving Dead Space 1 + 3 away which means players will quite probably be tempted to purchase the 2nd one to get a complete story.
  • Crysis 2 again its the middle of a trilogy of games which will encourage players to purchase 1 (if they haven't already played it) and 3
  • Mirror's Edge when the 2nd one has just been announced and teased so it is a clear hype builder, get people playing it so they buy the 2nd one.
  • BF3 well BF4 is just around the corner, give some CoD turncoats a chance to pick it up and try it cheaply.
  • Medal of Honor, Very similar motives to BF3, its the same engine and same type of game just a stepping stone almost between CoD and BF.
  • The Sims 3 is obvious, in the hope people will purchase some of the numerous expansions.
  • Burnout Paradise is one I can't quite figure out, although new Need For Speed comes out soon.

And of course conveniently timed with these encouragements to complete game sets or purchase expansions is the Origin sale where you can pick up a Sims expansion for only £14.99 or a BF3 kit short cut for £3.25.

So it seems like there is some alterior motive behind their actions but I am not sure its an evil plan this time just a respectable business plan while giving gamers a honestly decent deal.

For someone like me that didn't own any of these games before.. This is an amazing thing!

But it's still cheaper than buying one game normally

True, I still think the humble origin bundle is awesome.

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

I've always loved them. Nothing wrong with them.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

For someone like me that didn't own any of these games before.. This is an amazing thing!

not saying it isn't a great thing. I got a good few games I didn't have. But I am just pointing out possible motives.

I agree. I was mostly kidding.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

[scratching my balls]Here were go again. Damn poor EA...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Nope, still don't trust them....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Just spen't 10$ for it, and I ain't even mad if they had some secret plans behind this. At least can try something other then B3 :D

People quoting posts with all the pictures should get banned from internet!

R5 1600 3.9GHz | ASUS STRIX B350-F | Corsair LPX  32GB RAM | KFA2 GTX 1080Ti W/C | Corsair Force 480GB NVMe  | Seagate 1TB 2.5" | beQuiet Pure Power 10 700W | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Phanteks Glacier RGB W/C | LG 29UM68 | Steelseries Apex M750 | Steelseries Rival 310 | Steelseries QcK Limited | Steelseries Arctis 5 | Creative X-Fi 5.1 PRO |  W10 64-bit |

They've done something cool with the humble bundle, but it doesn't mean they will continue like that. They're just trying to earn "respect" from gamers. Just to remind you, they've won twice a row the award of the worst company in america

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

We don't hate them because we can. We hate them because they do stupid things. If they do nice things we can all be happy! The Humble Bundle was a nice thing.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

The humble bundle was a pretty nice thing that they did to get more people to play their games. Liked that they included BF3 in this bundle. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

EA is just another company looking for a profit. I don't hate them nor do I like them. I like some of their games and dislike others. I'm still indifferent lol