A small doubt from Interstellar.

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey Guys! So was watching Interstellar and had a small doubt. 

At around the 33rd minute (34), Pr. Brand asks cooper whether he saw something stragne about the launch facility. He then turns his head sideways and says"The entire facility is a centrifuge".

What is that supposed to mean? He just turns his head sideways and says that.

Please help.:D

-LG

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

That means the entire thing is spinning to create a false gravity, I don't remember the scene you're talking about but that's what it means

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

the ending scene where cooper was rescued on, that entire building is a centrifuge, how they get that to launch into the space was Dr.Brand's quest to find the formula for gravitational quantum which can only be solved if a person looked inside a blackhole... he knew that it was not possible, hence cooper gets upset that this entire mission was a fake and then enters the blackhole at the end to send the quantum data back to earth at the end in binary

and that building is a centrifuge to create artificial gravity 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

the ending scene where cooper was rescued on, that entire building is a centrifuge, how they get that to launch into the space was Dr.Brand's quest to find the formula for gravitational quantum which can only be solved if a person looked inside a blackhole... he knew that it was not possible, hence cooper gets upset that this entire mission was a fake and then enters the blackhole at the end to send the quantum data back to earth at the end in binary

and that building is a centrifuge to create artificial gravity 

this entire crap is useless, you could've just said what a centrifuge was... Logic

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

A centrifuge is a thing that spins around so everything inside is thrown against the outer walls. It's a method of creating artificial gravity in space, so noticing the entire facility is a centrifuge is equivalent to saying "that's funny, this whole facility is designed to be launched into space" in space geek code.

The "gravity" it creates is toward the outside of the container, so the sides/walls of the container would become the floor. Hence looking sideways to see it.

to know more why they had to spin in space to create artificial gravity, also see the movie The Martian.

and watch Stephen hawkings into the universe Episode 3 : Stephen Hawking's Universe Time Travel

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

10/10 reply

38b13aa79773.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

A centrifuge is a thing that spins around so everything inside is thrown against the outer walls. It's a method of creating artificial gravity in space, so noticing the entire facility is a centrifuge is equivalent to saying "that's funny, this whole facility is designed to be launched into space" in space geek code.

The "gravity" it creates is toward the outside of the container, so the sides/walls of the container would become the floor. Hence looking sideways to see it.

Nevermind. Got it. Thanks @Glenwing :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

this entire crap is useless, you could've just said what a centrifuge was... Logic

the entire thing i just said was essential regarding why it was a centrifuge in the first place.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Okay. So I'm not that great minded. I don't have common sense too. It wasn't spinning when he got to know about it? 

when on earth, it was just a building, it was spinning in space.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

38b13aa79773.jpg

Yea. I too support his answer :D

COMING SOON

the entire thing i just said was essential regarding why it was a centrifuge in the first place.

LOL all he wanted to know was what a centrifuge was, he didn't ask about the plot of the story. You didn't even say why the centrifuge was even relevant so everything you said had no meaning unlike what glenwig said

Nevermind. Got it. Thanks @Glenwing :)

when it's on earth there's gravity from Earth so there's no need to use the centrifuge, when they're going to space (ad they find out) the entire thing will start spinning

LOL all he wanted to know was what a centrifuge was, he didn't ask about the plot of the story. You didn't even say why the centrifuge was even relevant so everything you said had no meaning unlike what glenwig said

that's not what he asked, he asked

"At around the 33rd minute (34), Pr. Brand asks cooper whether he saw something strange about the launch facility. He then turns his head sideways and says "The entire facility is a centrifuge

What is that supposed to mean? He just turns his head sideways and says that."

he didn't ask what's the purpose of a centrifuge, he asked what does the conversation they had mean, as Brand never answered what does it mean

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Hmm....What are some more films like these?

I just have watched

Gravity

Interstellar

Will be getting Martians as Rohit said

And also Mission to Mars.

COMING SOON

Hmm....What are some more films like these?

I just have watched

Gravity

Interstellar

Will be getting Martians as Rohit said

And also Mission to Mars.

more space films ?

Moon

2001 A space Odyssey

Apollo 13

sunshine 

Alien

prometheus 

Europa Report

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Skip mission to mars, its a crappy movie. also Armageddon is a guilty pleasure movie for me. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

more space films ?

Moon

2001 A space Odyssey

Apollo 18

sunshine 

Alien

prometheus 

Europa Report

Don't forget apollo 13

Don't forget apollo 13

i meant Apollo 13 lol, Apollo 18 is a horrible movie 

@ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

also, if you want to see more time distortion movies, 

watch Predestination, Memento, The Prestige, Looper,x men days of future past, men in black 3 and Dejavu, also Minority Report. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker