To NVMe or not to NVMe

Hello,

For a few days I am asking myself a lot of questions of how stuff works and I finally ended up here for some answers regarding storage solutions.I want to choose between a Intel 750 or Kingston Hyperx Predator.

Have any of you tried Hyperx Predator in RAID0 done from the MOBO with Ctrl+I or from the UEFI BIOS ? Every where I look I only see RAID0 done between them, but with dynamic drive directly from windows.

I also had in plan one or two 950 PRO but I do not have a slot on my motherboard and cannot find any decent adapters for PCIE for them.

Regarding the Intel 750, I have seen a lot of people complaining that the drive is very very slow regarding boot time.

What do you guys suggest?

Honestly I think NVMe is a bit new and so I personally would avoid it. I haven't tried that but from experience avoid doing software RAIDS ( via Windows) and try to use Hardware RAIDs only.Regarding boot times when you use any sort of hardware RAID controller you will have a delay in boot times.... But personally you only boot once per day so who cares as long as its fast when booted.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Regarding speeds I seen that 2 x Hyperx Predator in RAID0 are faster than a NVMe Intel 750 but the raid was done via Windows.Dunno if the motherboard is able to make the raid and be bootable.

If you want to show that you're the ultimate rich dickbag, NVMe I guess.

just jealous bby :^3

Getting bored and wanting to try something new, rather than plain sata ssd's.They are not cheap but I have the possibility to buy them without VAT here in my country and they are pretty decent as price.

950 pro.... 730 is way over priced

I do not have an M2 slot on my mobo -> Asus Maximus VII Formula

I've used RAID 0 on two Samsung 840 Pros using the two Intel 6Gb/s ports on my X79 chipset. It's wickedly fast, and completely pointless :)

I'd say what I'm actually using now but @Dan Castellaneta might hate my rich ass lol

;^3

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

How do you guys think the new Samsung 950 compares to the Intel 750?