go for windows 10? POLL!

Stealth989

Yes. There's not really any bugs left. I really like Windows 10. 

EDIT: Also, the forum has a built in poll feature. 

Definitely, because MSX is like Win7 and 8.1 combined into one majestic operating system. 

_MaTT

I can't be bothered with the privacy settings.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Nah, wait 'till next year. There are too many issues (or at least for me) and it feels too unfinished

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

http://strawpoll.me/5980056

worth upgrading to 10???

Does your hardware support Windows 10?  That's a big part of it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I'm dual-booting Windows 7 and 10, and I really like both.

I like Windows 10 because I find MS account integration and better native driver support convenient, and for DX12, and better compatibility with future programs. I also like that the File Explorer has re-added the 'up one folder' button, and the return to using the File Explorer name, rather than My Computer. The Windows 10 Task Manager also provides more, and better detailed information than in Windows 7.

I don't like not seeing what's in a Windows 10 update, and I don't like MS' policy of snooping in personal documents, using them according to their preference, and also reporting any illegal activity to authorities (as they're mandated to). I also don't like Windows 10's default start menu, or the look of its task bar. And I don't particularly enjoy the Windows 10 flat UI look.

For me, having a start menu replacement is Windows 10 is what makes Windows 10 a great OS, and without that, Windows 10 would be annoying me constantly. I'm pretty sure that the best and most customizable start menu replacement is http://startisback.com/

Here's an image of my start menu in Windows 10, using Startisback.

I like Windows 7 because it has a convenient start menu by default, and because I find its UI appearance to be more comfortable. I also like that Windows 7 has better compatibility with older games.

I think the greatest offer of Windows 10 is its future potential. Right at this moment, one of the most relevant questions you might ask yourself to determine how relevant Windows 10 is to your day-to-day uses is, do you like your application windows' corners to be hard squares, or smoothed curves? And that's with a start menu replacement. Without it, I'm guessing that Windows 7 has overall better usability than Windows 10.

There are other things to factor in to a decision of whether or not to upgrade. One is that Windows 10 may be a free upgrade only for a limited time (though MS' desperate tactics to force its installation on everyone not running it might suggest otherwise), so even if you want to stay with Windows 7, at least going through the upgrade process once will register your Windows 7 license as also being a Windows 10 license, indefinitely - which would future-proof you for at least the next 5 years, and could save you $150 or whatever down the road.

Another thing to consider is, does MS deserve your business and support? They've been acting extremely unscrupluously lately, forcing the update to Windows 10 on people, changing people's Windows 7 Windows Update settings so that telemetry updates install on to Windows 7 machines that had automatic updates turned off, liberty-taking telemetry and spy measure in Windows 10, that go beyond what Microsoft publicly acknowledges, and which ultimately is not possible to turn off entirely (though they can be blocked in a person's router). For all its attempts at an appearance of propriety, Microsoft seems to act with complete disregard for the customer, only doing what it has to for the sake of its business, and even still then snubbing its nose at some of Windows users' most requested features, and concerns.

I feel that, in a lot of way, MS doesn't particularly deserve customers, but what else is a person who uses Windows going to do?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

WAIT for threshold 2 this month all bugs are fixed, dont upgrade to 10240 yet its quite broken.