How can I convince my mum?

Overkilled

1) to let me sell my Xbox one. She said I can't sell it because she bought it for £450 (I'm a early adopter) even though it's worth jackshit now, its really fucking annoying because I've drained over £1000 on my PC and its not turning to shit because of this.

2)To let me sell my smartwatch. I've got a old useless Sony smartwatch 2 that I wannna sell to buy a SSD and basically she thinks that I wanna sell my smartwatch and get another one (I originally wanted a Watch Urbane) and she was even asking my tech savvy uncle about them, I want three monitors for xmas.

3) let me get three monitors. She won't let me get three monitors not because she can't afford it but because she thinks having three monitors will make me go "insane" and I'll turn into a "psychopath" *my brain, the silver lining is I'll probably be able to get some kickass 4k display that my 970 can't even handle but I really want three monitors.

Basically I'm selling my xbone my 360 my ps vita and my smart watch basically ridding the house of the last of my consoles (I had like 6 last year but I lost the psp the 3ds was sold and the ps3 broke so I can buy another 970 and some ssd space but I can't see that happening atm.

Wat. If anything you so far have it better than most people to be honest.

Not sure how to help, but just wait until Christmas.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Wat. If anything you so far have it better than most people to be honest.

Not sure how to help, but just wait until Christmas.

I really want a more immersive experience and my computer just isn't powerful enough to power it, in the grand scheme of things (compared to what I could have) it's not really amazing

I'd get a new mum for Christmas...

Alright, sorry that was mean. Just trying to make you heavily exhale...

I don't think it would be that easy. Not sure how you could convince someone but i think getting a job (depending on age requirements) would be a better chance and idea.

I really want a more immersive experience and my computer just isn't powerful enough to power it, in the grand scheme of things (compared to what I could have) it's not really amazing

You are acting like a 6YO. (Maybe you are a 6YO, I don't know)

You do not need it, your mum doesn't want to sell your consoles because she bought them (so they are hers) or she thinks you will still want them latter on. 

I'd get a new mum for Christmas...

Alright, sorry that was mean. Just trying to make you heavily exhale...

I don't think it would be that easy. Not sure how you could convince someone but i think getting a job (depending on age requirements) would be a better chance and idea.

I'm only 14 I can't get a job(besides from maybe acting?)

You seem extremely spoiled. My PC was nothing but my money. I didn't ask for a single cent from my parents. I respect how much my parents spend on me because they care; they provide the funds for your schooling, your clothing, clean water, food (and good food, at that), Christmas and birthday presents, etc... But still, you ask for more?! What the Hell is wrong with you, you insolent child...?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

You are acting like a 6YO. (Maybe you are a 6YO, I don't know)

You do not need it, your mum doesn't want to sell your consoles because she bought them (so they are hers) or she thinks you will still want them latter on.

so if I was to buy you a gift its no longer mine its yours I can't just take it back

so if I was to buy you a gift its no longer mine its yours I can't just take it back

That would be nice.

What are you planning on giving me?

You cannot take it back, but you may have some conditions that I have to follow from getting it.

(Like not selling it)

I'm only 14 I can't get a job(besides from maybe acting?)

Working as an extra is a long and rough journey.

You won't get paid much in the beginning but it will increase after wa bit.

It's definitely not a job for the weak. If you're up for it, go for it.

1) to let me sell my Xbox one. She said I can't sell it because she bought it for £450 (I'm a early adopter) even though it's worth jackshit now, its really fucking annoying because I've drained over £1000 on my PC and its not turning to shit because of this.

2)To let me sell my smartwatch. I've got a old useless Sony smartwatch 2 that I wannna sell to buy a SSD and basically she thinks that I wanna sell my smartwatch and get another one (I originally wanted a Watch Urbane) and she was even asking my tech savvy uncle about them, I want three monitors for xmas.

3) let me get three monitors. She won't let me get three monitors not because she can't afford it but because she thinks having three monitors will make me go "insane" and I'll turn into a "psychopath" *my brain, the silver lining is I'll probably be able to get some kickass 4k display that my 970 can't even handle but I really want three monitors.

Basically I'm selling my xbone my 360 my ps vita and my smart watch basically ridding the house of the last of my consoles (I had like 6 last year but I lost the psp the 3ds was sold and the ps3 broke so I can buy another 970 and some ssd space but I can't see that happening atm.

So why would you want to sell it in the first place?

/facedesk

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

You seem extremely spoiled. My PC was nothing but my money. I didn't ask for a single cent from my parents. I respect how much my parents spend on me because they care; they provide the funds for your schooling, your clothing, clean water, food (and good food, at that), Christmas and birthday presents, etc... But still, you ask for more?! What the Hell is wrong with you, you insolent child...?

I don't know if you live on the UK or not but school is free here, I use my money most of the time to get take away (almost every day) she didn't pay for my birthday present last year it was MY money from selling stuff that got me the 970 I have now with some help from my nan

I'll probably be able to get some kickass 4k display that my 970 can't even handle but I really want three monitors.

I really want a more immersive experience and my computer just isn't powerful enough to power it

So ... you want 3 monitors that your computer won't be able to handle in any game .. or you want 3 monitors and another 970? Or a single 4k monitor and another 970?

Hold the phone

Your mum has bought you your PC, an xbox, all your old consoles, smart watch etc.........

and you are complaining? dude you are 14,  you dont need triple monitors, you dont need (or have the right) to waste your mums money on stupid toys you dont need

be thankful she has done so much for you so far

She won't let me get three monitors not because she can't afford it

this just here proves your are completely spoiled, and since "mummy" wont let you have your own way, you are having a tantrum

Why should your mum buy you triple monitors when you have a perfectly functional gaming pc already

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't know if you live on the UK or not but school is free here, I use my money most of the time to get take away (almost every day) she didn't pay for my birthday present last year it was MY money from selling stuff that got me the 970 I have now with some help from my nan

You could use a lot of discipline there, mate. How about you save that money instead of wasting it on take away.

Consider yourself lucky you're not my child. I truly feel sorry for your mother...

Edited by eLucid

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Well as long as she has bought them, she can say how long you will use them. And its good for you also. We don't need more brats that praise try-and-throwaway mentality. Three monitors is easy. Go to local recycle center and pick 3 17" 5:4 screens. Here I could get one for 20e. I used my old gaming PC (last thing mom bought) until I upgraded it with my own money. Which were savings, I was 15 or 16 then.

Ofc its bit different here as high tax means free schooling until you are 18 and you can get decent paying summer job to save for hobbies.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Christ I would be waking up in the middle of the night wondering WTF went wrong if my kid was posting drivel like this instead of learning to appreciate and make do with what he has. "Making do" when the gear you have is current and arguably cutting edge is a term I don't use particularly happily, either.

1) to let me sell my Xbox one. She said I can't sell it because she bought it for £450 (I'm a early adopter) even though it's worth jackshit now, 

It's always been worth shjt from day one.

Seriously, why did you even get a One, to play Halo? Geez.... Just stick to it so you can play Halo 6 later on. And play laggy Fallout 4 on it.

Once again, why do you even have a smartwatch... wow. I miss the times where we would look at street clocks (that also showed temperature)......

Oh, and BTW, you don't need an SSD. Yes, it's a good item to have, but you can live perfectly fine without it, so long as you know how to effectively use your PC. I'm constantly switching back and forth between a IDE (Super slow) HD on one of my PCs and an SSD on the other, and guess what: because I know what I do to my PCs, I've optimized my IDE so much that I don't even feel it's not an SSD.

Do you know how youtubers say "you don't need a great camera to have great content (though it helps)"? Yeah, that: you don't need an SSD. If you can't have it, chill 'bout it.

Also...... make up your mind, my dear child. Do you want an SSD or another monitor? I know that you are young and fooled by the "I want it all!!!" mentality, but learn a bit about priorities and savings. Please. Ask the main source of income to your house (whether it be your mom's/dad's salary) how hard life is, as it seems they didn't do a very good job on teaching it on their own and need a little push.

I can only agree with her, 3 monitors ain't really any good. Stretching all over the place. I mean, it's good if you need the productivity, but really... you don't need it.

Also...... make up your mind, my dear child. Do you want an SSD or another monitor?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I think you can see a theme building here OP, you seem to have a lot of awesome stuff, more than most I think, and you are wanting more. I would relook at everything you have and make the most of it, enjoy and wait until you can earn your own money to build something new. Your Mum has bought you alot of very nice gear .... be grateful

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

I think you can see a theme building here OP, you seem to have a lot of awesome stuff, more than most I think, and you are wanting more. I would relook at everything you have and make the most of it, enjoy and wait until you can earn your own money to build something new. Your Mum has bought you alot of very nice gear .... be grateful

*she didn't buy it, she bought the consoles but she doesn't really have anything to do with my PC. A lot of sacrifice went into this build and I didn't have the money or the money to buy it all at once like most people. Two years of time and effort went into this computer and now your saying I can't get a decent monitor setup?

It's always been worth shjt from day one.

Seriously, why did you even get a One, to play Halo? Geez.... Just stick to it so you can play Halo 6 later on. And play laggy Fallout 4 on it.

Once again, why do you even have a smartwatch... wow. I miss the times where we would look at street clocks (that also showed temperature)......

Oh, and BTW, you don't need an SSD. Yes, it's a good item to have, but you can live perfectly fine without it, so long as you know how to effectively use your PC. I'm constantly switching back and forth between a IDE (Super slow) HD on one of my PCs and an SSD on the other, and guess what: because I know what I do to my PCs, I've optimized my IDE so much that I don't even feel it's not an SSD.

Do you know how youtubers say "you don't need a great camera to have great content (though it helps)"? Yeah, that: you don't need an SSD. If you can't have it, chill 'bout it.

Also...... make up your mind, my dear child. Do you want an SSD or another monitor? I know that you are young and fooled by the "I want it all!!!" mentality, but learn a bit about priorities and savings. Please. Ask the main source of income to your house (whether it be your mom's/dad's salary) how hard life is, as it seems they didn't do a very good job on teaching it on their own and need a little push.

I can only agree with her, 3 monitors ain't really any good. Stretching all over the place. I mean, it's good if you need the productivity, but really... you don't need it.

Also...... make up your mind, my dear child. Do you want an SSD or another monitor?

SSDs dont really cost that much if you go >120gb like I want to

So why would you want to sell it in the first place?

/facedesk

hmm because as soon as she bought it she gave it to me officially changing ownership, if you buy your wife a wedding ring its her's not your's.

So ... you want 3 monitors that your computer won't be able to handle in any game .. or you want 3 monitors and another 970? Or a single 4k monitor and another 970?

I want to sell the stuff I own to pay for another 970 I'm not asking her for one