What Really Grinds Your Gears - LTT edition

PlayStation 2

What grinds my gears is when I hear someone grind their gear in a nice expensive car... Learn how to drive stick please... Ugh

Lol i have to admit when its dead winter and i first get in my car i have grinded a gear or two from being so cold my body just doesn't want to move far enough though my dumbass doesn't wear a coat often so im just shivering till it gets warm in the car. also not sure where your located but in the US most people have no idea how to drive a stick like an Automatic unlike a lot of European countries. 

Also now that I think about it. Taxis Where I live are abysmal. The drivers are absolutely terrible.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Lol i have to admit when its dead winter and i first get in my car i have grinded a gear or two from being so cold my body just doesn't want to move far enough though my dumbass doesn't wear a coat often so im just shivering till it gets warm in the car. also not sure where your located but in the US most people have no idea how to drive a stick like an Automatic unlike a lot of European countries. 

Yeah here in the US people also have no consideration for people driving stick on a huge ass hill, I hate having to use my e-brake to get going, but gotta do what you gotta do.

faux computer experts and people who drive above the speed limit, or just generally disrespect the signalisation

You know what grinds my gears? REceiving these damn notifications! Seriously calm down everyone!

WHEN PPL SAY TO CALM DOWN...NO, IT MAKES ME MAD, THEN I CAN'T CALM DOWN. :D

Okay, my ground gears.

When people don't use their indicators

When [American, mostly] people don't know how to use a roundabout. Give way, enter, INDICATE WHEN YOU EXIT. THERE IS NO NEED TO INDICATE WHEN COMING ONTO THE ROUNDABOUT!

When people stopped on hills can't perform a hill start and almost back into me.

Fanboyism

brand loyalty

Girls who dress provocatively but then complain when people stare.

People who believe whatever Fox News tells them and parrot it as if it were gospel.

People who say that they don't have enough time/don't think they're smart enough to build a computer, but happily sit down to watch sports for hours.

ISPs in the US - they have lost their consumer base and are currently being eaten away by Google, but still insist on rolling out bandwidth caps.

US politics. I've already watched Game of Thrones, I don't need to watch it again with this country. Or perhaps I do.

Feminism - Man up. (OH SHOTSFIRED.)

Social Justice W.a.A.r.N.r.K.i.E.o.R.r.S.s

People in the USA are really bad at 4 way intersections as well. I think ppl are like this: "YAY, now that I obtained my license I don't need to remember all this driving junk."

Totally Agree on the girls. They do that all the time.

Nothing wrong with the idea of feminism, women should be treated like people and not sexbots or get paid less; A few assholes make them all look bad (crybaby SJWs :) )

Yeah here in the US people also have no consideration for people driving stick on a huge ass hill, I hate having to use my e-brake to get going, but gotta do what you gotta do.

It's called a handbrake for a reason... most americans think it's only there for emergencies, but... noooooooo, it's there to be used lots.

Also, that's the stupidest thing ever, that hill starts are not required in the US drivers test.

It's called a handbrake for a reason... most americans think it's only there for emergencies, but... noooooooo, it's there to be used lots.

Also, that's the stupidest thing ever, that hill starts are not required in the US drivers test.

I can do it fine, but most Americans get way up on your ass, like they stop. Then they creep up and up and up on you until they are 2 inches away from your bumper. Which technically then it's their fault not mine if I bumped them.

Also, stick is pretty much non-existent in the US. They have you drive an automatic and you don't even really do much... Just drive for an hour or two and take a hand written test. The end.

I'm kinda confused, what do mean by hill starts because if you mean shifting a stick shift in a manner that it can actually climb a hill from a complete stop there is a simple reason they don't require it, most people don't drive stick, so why would they require it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I can do it fine, but most Americans get way up on your ass, like they stop. Then they creep up and up and up on you until they are 2 inches away from your bumper. Which technically then it's their fault not mine if I bumped them.

Also, stick is pretty much non-existent in the US. They have you drive an automatic and you don't even really do much... Just drive for an hour or two and take a hand written test. The end.

My WIFE...lol. Follows to close, stop light "pusher." :lol:

Nothing wrong with the idea of feminism, women should be treated like people and not sexbots or get paid less; A few assholes make them all look bad (crybaby SJWs :) )

The SJWs are most of the problem, but it sets a bad precedent for the rest of the movement. Many girls I know proclaim themselves as feminists, but recoil when required to get their hands dirty, or learn to do something that would not normally be considered "becoming of a woman", like changing oil, or changing a tyre, or learning how to use a soldering iron. Many feminists still insist on modifying their appearance to give themselves conventional "beauty", and checking and rechecking their mode of dress so much that even a zfs filesystem would just give up.

I'm all for equality, but the feminist movement is not the way to do it. It stalls so much. I take a far more Linus Torvalds-y approach, a John Carmack approach. You wanna be equal? Sure, that's great! Awesome deal! We'll help ya, great to have you on board. But you gotta step up to the plate, you need to be qualified, and you can't wuss out on the thing halfway through.

My WIFE...lol. Follows to close, stop light "pusher." :lol:

I hate being behind the damn creepers... I just want to stop once. I hate going back into gear and letting off the clutch half way only to come to a crawl and push my clutch back in to stop only to find out this fucker is going to creep up more. Makes me so angry. Even if I was driving automatic it would still make me angry as fuck... I hate that crap to death, just stop once! You don't need to stop 2 car lengths behind the guy then stop 10 times creeping up to him. Like for fucks sake. What is going through that persons mind.

The SJWs are most of the problem, but it sets a bad precedent for the rest of the movement. Many girls I know proclaim themselves as feminists, but recoil when required to get their hands dirty, or learn to do something that would not normally be considered "becoming of a woman", like changing oil, or changing a tyre, or learning how to use a soldering iron. Many feminists still insist on modifying their appearance to give themselves conventional "beauty", and checking and rechecking their mode of dress so much that even a zfs filesystem would just give up.

I'm all for equality, but the feminist movement is not the way to do it. It stalls so much. I take a far more Linus Torvalds-y approach, a John Carmack approach. You wanna be equal? Sure, that's great! Awesome deal! We'll help ya, great to have you on board. But you gotta step up to the plate, you need to be qualified, and you can't wuss out on the thing halfway through.

The whole feminist movement is just brought up wrong by most women...

I have no word about feminism though... I just do what I know what to do and learn what I can.

Everyone is going to be treated differently no matter if you're a woman or a man.

Gender, Race, Ethnicity, all treated differently...

They all have their perks and they all have their downsides. 

People just need to face the real world and admit that nothing is perfect.

Well, I wouldn't consider those girls true feminists then myself. There are actual females that like to look girly but will change their own oil, like my wife. She is LOST however, at the concept of transmission / brake fluid. 

I hate being behind the damn creepers... I just want to stop once. I hate going back into gear and letting off the clutch half way only to come to a crawl and push my clutch back in to stop only to find out this fucker is going to creep up more. Makes me so angry. Even if I was driving automatic it would still make me angry as fuck... I hate that crap to death, just stop once! You don't need to stop 2 car lengths behind the guy then stop 10 times creeping up to him. Like for fucks sake. What is going through that persons mind.

Don't worry...she never leaves more than ONE car length before she creeps...lol. It gets me mad, probably less than you though :D.

Well, I wouldn't consider those girls true feminists then myself. There are actual females that like to look girly but will change their own oil, like my wife. She is LOST however, at the concept of transmission / brake fluid. 

Really there is nothing wrong with someone wanting to look nice. I do that all the time, but I do all my own shit too. But I also don't bitch like all these other feminists about how they aren't getting things their way. If they want something done, they should quit bitching and just do it themselves... I hate the term feminist to be honest though...

I make myself look pretty for myself, just as some guys do as well, it's kind of looked down upon socially for a guy to put on makeup. Except for in Korea.

And I also try to do all my own shit, there is nothing stopping me from doing what any other guy does. Most women just have the mindset that they didn't get a job or are getting treated differently because they are woman, because that's their mindset and that's how they want to believe it. 

It might be the case sometimes but not all the time.

Don't worry...she never leaves more than ONE car length before she creeps...lol. It gets me mad, probably less than you though :D.

It gets me furious ;-;

Welp... what really makes you mad or simply puts you off? Doesn't have to be tech related.

People who use laptops with crappy dual cores when that laptop is expensive really makes me mad. AND PEOPLE WHO CAN'T USE THEIR GOD DAMN BLINKERS

What about you?

people that don't know how to use use roundabouts or are unaware how to drive in general. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

most Americans drive automatics so it's not such a big deal.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Another thing:

People that take pictures of their muscles and upload 100 pictures to a social networking site.

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

Another thing:

People that take pictures of their muscles and upload 100 pictures to a social networking site.

But what about the "head at an angle giant eye close up" of one eye ?