pc with viruses

Midnitewarrior4
Go to solution Solved by A Guy Eating Cereal,

so if i upgrade, then re installed windows it would be fine ? or just go in and press updgrade to windows and press fresh instal when i have to choose to updgrade and keep stuff or fresh install ?

Yeah, just make sure that it shows up as activated. (Settings, update and security, activation)

so i just wrote this then accidentally closed the browser before posting so here we go again.....

so to summarize:   buying a new pc, its dirt cheap cause its full of viruses...

plan to fix and sell to make $$

could i just run an anti virus and be fine ?

should i format the drive and reinstall windows ?

for the format since i cannot format while runnig windows on the drive ill have to plug it into my main pc, will this transfer the viruses to my other drives ?

also will a format delete and get rid of the viruses ?

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

so i just wrote this then accidentally closed the browser before posting so here we go again.....

so to summarize, buying a new pc, its dirt cheap cause its full of viruses...

for the format since i cannot format while runnig windows on the drive ill have to plug it into my main pc, will this transfer the viruses to my other drives ?

You can format and reinstall windows without taking the drive out of the PC, just create a bootable Windows ISO and reinstall Windows and you'll be fine.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

so to summarize, buying a new pc, its dirt cheap cause its full of viruses...

Format using a boot disk.  Don't risk it by plugging it into your PC.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just reinstall Windows, it will work good as new.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @4.0GHz | Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Quad Channel | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Reference | Case: BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Black | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Display: LG 34UM67 Ultrawide Monitor (x2) Vertically Mounted | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K50 | Mouse: Mionix Naos | Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 770

You can just launch in safe mode and format the hardrive.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Just set up a flash drive with MSX and format the drive in the installation process.

_MaTT

You can format and reinstall windows without taking the drive out of the PC, just create a bootable Windows ISO and reinstall Windows and you'll be fine.

ok one question, its running windows 7, so if i get a windows 10 boot stick and click fresh install of 10 as an "upgrade" would that actually format the drive and get rid of everything while installing windows 10 at the same time ?

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

ok one question, its running windows 7, so if i get a windows 10 boot stick and click fresh install of 10 as an "upgrade" would that actually format the drive and get rid of everything while installing windows 10 at the same time ?

Yup :)

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Dont think so, as you need to upgrade to windows 10 for it to register your system specs and store them to the cloud with your key.

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

Format and reinstall OS. As long as BOIS is not fucked your fine. 

Magical Pineapples

Dont think so, as you need to upgrade to windows 10 for it to register your system specs and store them to the cloud with your key.

so if i upgrade, then re installed windows it would be fine ? or just go in and press updgrade to windows and press fresh instal when i have to choose to updgrade and keep stuff or fresh install ?

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Format and reinstall OS. As long as BOIS is not fucked your fine. 

really hoping it not, i need this money :P either way the pc is technically free, i did this with a cheaper pc a week ago, had a failed hdd so slapped a spare one in, reinstalled windows and sold it for 60$ for a 45$ profit not too bad for an hours work

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Yeah, just make sure that it shows up as activated. (Settings, update and security, activation)

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

ok thanks

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

unless...

ROOTKITS!!!

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"