Newegg VS Amazon

WunderWuffle

Amazon as I have prime, cannot beat 2 day free shipping! Also the one time I tried newegg they took forever to ship the components

I got my laptop from newegg on Black Friday. Newegg all the way baby!!  :D

Processor- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity Quad-Core 3.4GHz. Motherboard- MSI Socket FM2 FM2-A75MA-E35. GPU- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB GDDR5. RAM-  4GB Corsair Vengeance. Storage- 750GB Seagate Barracuda HDD. PSU- Corsair CX500. Case- Rosewill Line-M MiniATX.

Dell Inspiron N5110 intel i5

do you always order from amazon or a different retailer through amazon

Amazon.

Amazon.

strange, when I ordered it before amazon prime it would come a day or two before their earliest arrival prediction 

If I'm buying something expensive, I choose Newegg so I don't have to pay sales tax. I have a prime account and I live in Washington, so I can get 2-day shipping and next day shipping pretty cheap, so I prefer Amazon for cheaper items.

I personally don't really like amazon it takes almost 7 business days for my package to get delivered with free shipping, but with newegg I get everything in 2 days (with free shipping) because they're located out of SoCal and I'm in NorCal.  Also the prices and layout of newegg has been better for my purposes, at least the time I buy stuff.

More stuff on Amazon, so Amazon.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

What do you prefer, and for what reason?

EDIT: I prefer Amazon because they have free 2 day shipping (if you have Prime) for so many things!

Neither.

I prefer NCIX. It's a Canadian company, which gives me an incentive to shop there, and their prices are JUST as good (better often) as Newegg/amazon for computer parts. And their sales are Slick (see what I did there ;))

Amazon IS nice, but anything I could buy that is sold at both Amazong and Newegg, I would just buy at NCIX instead (or alternatively Canada Computers if I need it same day, since there is a local shop). NCIX also price matches, so yeah.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I actually shop around for my parts on Newegg then buy off Amazon, because Newegg has a much better directory for finding things and amazon has free shipping.

Where do you buy your electronics then?

http://www.pccasegear.com.au usually.

I check http://www.staticice.com.au for prices. 

I've found PCCG reliable and very easy to deal with.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Whichever is cheaper.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Amazon Prime is one of the best services I have ever come across, and i get it for free, so free next day delivery on everything i buy... adds up over the year as a massive saving... 

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Amazon Prime is one of the best services I have ever come across, and i get it for free, so free next day delivery on everything i buy... adds up over the year as a massive saving... 

$3.99 one day shipping! :D

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Amazon if I can take advantage of prime or free super saver shipping. Newegg.ca has some bizarre shipping costs (things like $11 for a $1 cable, ended up buying that on Amazon for less than $5 with shipping); NCIX was no better even for short distance shipping (store pickup isn't an option for me right now, Ontario doesn't has as many close-by retail stores as Vancouver).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

That prime tho

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Amazon if I can take advantage of prime or free super saver shipping. Newegg.ca has some bizarre shipping costs (things like $11 for a $1 cable, ended up buying that on Amazon for less than $5 with shipping); NCIX was no better even for short distance shipping (store pickup isn't an option for me right now, Ontario doesn't has as many close-by retail stores as Vancouver).

That's a very odd experience.

With NCIX, I'm going to have to disagree. I've gotten a LOT shipped from them, and I live in Ontario, and their shipping prices are very good most of the time. Granted shipping a single cable by itself is going to be expensive because there are minimum costs for them shipping wise. But anytime I need to buy a few items, a HDD, a video card, what have you, the shipping is extremely reasonable, especially if combining the shipping between 2-5 items.

Amazon does have excellent shipping mind you, with free super saver on over $25 for many items.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Amazon because im in the uk and new egg dont do.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Amazon because im in the uk and new egg dont do.

Judging from how many people are from the UK, Newegg needs a warehouse in the UK.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Whoever has the best deals. I try to buy high priced items from "fulfilled by amazon" or products sold by Amazon directly....makes it easier to return/ exchange.

That's a very odd experience.

With NCIX, I'm going to have to disagree. I've gotten a LOT shipped from them, and I live in Ontario, and their shipping prices are very good most of the time. Granted shipping a single cable by itself is going to be expensive because there are minimum costs for them shipping wise. But anytime I need to buy a few items, a HDD, a video card, what have you, the shipping is extremely reasonable, especially if combining the shipping between 2-5 items.

Amazon does have excellent shipping mind you, with free super saver on over $25 for many items.

Yeah, if it had been more items, I'd be fine paying the $11, but I already bought the HDD through a different source (was cheaper with free shipping) and only needed the cable. Minimum shipping costs are fine, but should really be size/weight dependent. Amazon shipped it in a small padded envelope which sure as hell shouldn't cost $11 for ground shipping.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

NewEgg!

3 day shipping all the way

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

NewEgg!

3 day shipping all the way

Amazon!

2 day shipping all the way! Lol

Don't particularly care, except I have free 2 day shipping for a year from newegg. So far, it's been as advertised. 

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO