Newegg VS Amazon

WunderWuffle

Amazon, free two-day shipping with Prime on most everything I order, plus quick turnarounds. UPS "lost" my Fractal Define R4, and Amazon overnighted another one to me the same day.

I really depends on the price for me. Most things from newegg end up at my house within 2 days or so but i could also drive 10 minutes to the will call but i never have. With amazon if i need a drill bit or any random thing i can order it at the same time so i really depends on price and if i need something not computer related at the same time.

Usually Newegg for me because Amazon charges sales tax where I live. I also think Newegg's website is better designed overall and I find it easier to navigate.

Amazon is obviously better for selection of general products and I also think their RMA procedure is much better than that of Newegg.

I never bought anything on Amazon so right now it's Newegg for me (was VERY surprised by the speed of shipping my parts!)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Newegg as no one can top their search utilities whem trying to find what you need.

Since I have Amazon Prime right now, I would say Amazon due to the free 2-day shipping.  Traditionally though, I went with whoever had the best deal on the parts I was looking for.  I have never really had issues with either for delayed or really long shipping times so that was not a factor for me.

I have shoprunner for 2 day shipping with newegg. Newegg is also better organized than amazon.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My vote is for Amazon as Newegg are not available in the UK, maybe this small poll will be enough to push them to enter the UK market and offer amazing prices for me  :P I can dream eh?  :D

My vote is for Amazon as Newegg are not available in the UK, maybe this small poll will be enough to push them to enter the UK market and offer amazing prices for me  :P I can dream eh?  :D

Send this thread to the president of Newegg.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Send this thread to the president of Newegg.

Who is in china... I think the founder might have stepped down in the us but yea.

http://www.newegg.com.cn/

Who is in china... I think the founder might have stepped down in the us but yea.

http://www.newegg.com.cn/

O.o I thought the founder was in California...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Sometimes Newegg shipping is fucking slow! 

Next day delivery for me I live 2 hours away from there warehouse. 

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

O.o I thought the founder was in California...

That be where is was founded. The founder is presently on the board of directors and president of Newegg China at least according to wikipedia as of 2008 http://goo.gl/TYyruK

To me it really doesn't matter, I will buy from whoever is cheapest. But I usually check Newegg first, and if the prices are the same I usually go through Newegg.

Personally I've never used Newegg. And I've only used Amazon a couple of times.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Personally I've never used Newegg. And I've only used Amazon a couple of times.

Where do you buy your electronics then?

Also for those of you who like searching on newegg like me but might want to buy at amazon or at least check the price check this out http://hoverhound.us/

Amazon for me.  My Newegg purchases aren't very often as the Canadian store just isn't very competitive.

I don't really care, I just like whatever one is cheaper.

I second this!

Free shipping, and usually cheaper.

Obviously amazon, tho i usually get stuff from Frys or Microcenter (the amazon of retail stores...sooo cheap), and just price match when i can

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I've bought things from Newegg, I've bought things from Amazon, I've saved on shipping with both. If I had to choose, I would have to go with Amazon, I mean where else will I buy my 55 gallon drum of water-based lubricant?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MR3IVO?ie=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=393185&creativeASIN=B005MR3IVO&linkCode=shr&tag=shopfaster0c-20

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

Sometimes Newegg shipping is fucking slow! 

Seriously? I've always used the cheapest shipping and got my items in like 2 days.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Seriously? I've always used the cheapest shipping and got my items in like 2 days.

It was fine fine for me until I ordered 16GB ram final thing needed for my build and they made me wait two fucking weeks by shipping it via DHL. I will never in hell use their free shipping again.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

It's the other way around for me, lol. amazon always takes longer for me

do you always order from amazon or a different retailer through amazon

NewEgg has 2 day shipping.

What you do, is you split your orders up and use ShopRunner trial. If you use ShopRunner so much during your trial, you get it for a year free.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5