HWC seem biased to anyone else?

KarateHottie93

They have made the best case reviews since they started imho. I liked them more around 2010 though. It just sems like they are so biased now. If a case isn't made by Phanteks, Fractal, or NZXT it's probably not gonna get an award. I love Phanteks and have used their case fans and CPU coolers quite a while. I feel like the Enthoo Pro is their only truly amazing case though, mainly cause the price. Fracal is good too for the price but I don't worship them like others.

Why can't a damn Cooler Master or Corsair case get a damn award? The 760T lost out on one for not having a dust filter on a top exaust ffs. That's great in my book. I want the dust to escape out...not get trapped.

Anyone else get a biased feel when watching their vids?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

They have made the best case reviews since they started imho. I liked them more around 2010 though. It just sems like they are so biased now. If a case isn't made by Phanteks, Fractal, or NZXT it's probably not gonna get an award. I love Phanteks and have used their case fans and CPU coolers quite a while. I feel like the Enthoo Pro is their only truly amazing case though, mainly cause the price. Fracal is good too for the price but I don't worship them like others.

Why can't a damn Cooler Master or Corsair case get a damn award? The 760T lost out on one for not having a dust filter on a top exaust ffs. That's great in my book. I want the dust to escape out...not get trapped.

Anyone else get a biased feel when watching their vids?

Not really.  They seem to be pretty fair to me.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

its a person opinion

just because thats his opinion doesnt mean hes right

thats why everyone buys a different case

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They're pretty objective. If a case doesn't get an award, it's probably because it didn't deserve it.

Not that those awards matter.

But anyways, stop thinking like that. Everyone can't win, especially Corsair as they're sucky compared to other case manufacturers IMO.

Corsair doesn't make very good quality cases and Cooler Master isn't priced very well, at least with the Master Case Pro 5

I only get annoyed at how stupid often HWC gives out awards. Like seriously man, stop giving awards to everything you review.

It means nothing to get an award if you give them out to at least 4/5 of the products. I mean this is why "Stuff that doesn't SUCK" still is a huge deal to me because of its exclusivity.

Hell Tom's hardware doesn't give out awards as easily as HWC.

I will be interested to see his opinion on the 2015 case wrap up though.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Everyone is biased, that's why you have your own ability to think and make decisions. And of course, be biased to your own preferences.

Awards don't matter, not any kind. Though crash safety awards are nice to have. Anyways, use reviews to help you formulate your own opinion, not to be the sole basis of your decision.

As for top filters, exhaust isn't every ones only use for the top fan mounts. Some use it for intake. And it costs very little for a manufacturer to include them, but it quite noticeably raises the costs to buy them aftermarket.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Everyone is biased, that's why you have your own ability to think and make decisions. And of course, be biased to your own preferences.

Awards don't matter, not any kind. Though crash safety awards are nice to have. Anyways, use reviews to help you formulate your own opinion, not to be the sole basis of your decision.

As for top filters, exhaust isn't every ones only use for the top fan mounts. Some use it for intake. And it costs very little for a manufacturer to include them, but it quite noticeably raises the costs to buy them aftermarket.

Exactly on point with the filters. My air 540 doesn't have a top filter and I get serious dust settle through the top. So annoying having dust build-up on the INSIDE of the window  :angry:

but back to op

As for my view on HWC, I find it the most informative in regards to case reviews and don't see it as biased at all. Just a channel very happy to see innovation in the market. Also if you have been watching their videos for quite some time you will know that they don't really give out awards as often as you said.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Exactly on point with the filters. My air 540 doesn't have a top filter and I get serious dust settle through the top. So annoying having dust build-up on the INSIDE of the window :angry:

but back to op

As for my view on HWC, I find it the most informative in regards to case reviews and don't see it as biased at all. Just a channel very happy to see innovation in the market. Also if you have been watching their videos for quite some time you will know that they don't really give out awards as often as you said.

They do for Phanteks and Fractal. Almost every case they have made in the past two years gets one. I don't get it. The 750D, 760T, and 780T are all damn good cases...I just don't get how an Enthoo Luxe deserves an award if they don't. Personal opinion of course, but they just hand them out to those two brands a lot, and NZXT quite often too.

I don't think they're biased. They seem to try to make every product positive even if they hate it.

They do for Phanteks and Fractal. Almost every case they have made in the past two years gets one. I don't get it. The 750D, 760T, and 780T are all damn good cases...I just don't get how an Enthoo Luxe deserves an award if they don't. Personal opinion of course, but they just hand them out to those two brands a lot, and NZXT quite often too.

The Obsidian line looks nice but that's about it. The newer cases of the line are spacious but not space efficient and they never seemed to get past the issue of the front drive bays not being flush anymore if anything was ever installed. The 760T and 780T are basically rehashes of the Obsidian line with the style of the 600T and a bigger window but don't really address the previous issues of underutilized space.

Meanwhile, Phanteks, Fractal Design, and NZXT have been upping the features per square inch.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Obsidian line looks nice but that's about it. The newer cases of the line are spacious but not space efficient and they never seemed to get past the issue of the front drive bays not being flush anymore if anything was ever installed. The 760T and 780T are basically rehashes of the Obsidian line with the style of the 600T and a bigger window but don't really address the previous issues of underutilized space.

Meanwhile, Phanteks, Fractal Design, and NZXT have been upping the features per square inch.

Corsair just needs to make a slot load bay for the Obsidian line like SilverStone did for their cases with the FP58. If Corsair just did that and made the bezel as long as the cover, life would be perfect.