Any Big Diffrence In 3GB Vram And 3.5GB Vram?

Made In Canada
Go to solution Solved by Guest Kloaked,

Take your pick. But to answer your question, the VRAM stuff isn't anything to worry about.

Blame the AMD for putting more money in development rather than marketing like Nvidia does.

Doesn't have anything to do with it.

I completely disagree. I can easily tell I'm dropping frames once I hit 55 or below, and tearing drives me nuts above 75 fps or so on my 60 Hz screen (so I always play with vsync to 60 fps). Almost any time I think I'm dropping frames I'll hit F11 (the button I have bound the onscreen display in RTSS) and it's usually 52-57 fps. It drove me nuts for a while in Witcher 3 because the only way to get a locked 60 fps on a 970 is to drastically drop settings and I figured I'd rather play at high/ultra settings where I'd be at 60 fps say 95+% of the time. But at a mixture of high and ultra settings on a 970 I'd still get drops into the low 50s and I know it's not CPU bottleneck because GPU usage would always be 99% during drops.

Question, would it be worth it to try and get a g-sync monitor this upcoming sales?  It maybe about $100-150 more than the other monitor (just a estimate, not that sure).

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Question, would it be worth it to try and get a g-sync monitor this upcoming sales?  It maybe about $100-150 more than the other monitor (just a estimate, not that sure).

I'm not touching GSync/FreeSync until one kills off the other and prices come down.

No idea, never used one. My secondary monitor is a 900p. So I'm a little behind on my monitor upgrading :lol:

Okay, but considering you have more expertese, it should not be too different.

PS, sales are coming my friend.

-Made In Canada

Okay, but considering you have more expertese, it should not be too different.

PS, sales are coming my friend.

YES! I am really hoping for some floor models to go on sale at Fry's after the holidays. I'd like to try a 1440.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I'm not touching GSync/FreeSync until one kills off the other and prices come down.

I though gsync already offed vsync...  And in Canada, an average gsync monitor is around $500 i think, so for black friday, i think a $300 144hz 1ms 1080p monitor would be worth it.

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

YES! I am really hoping for some floor models to go on sale at Fry's after the holidays. I'd like to try a 1440.

The difference will be awesome i hear.  Apparently 25"-27" 1440p are the best.

-Made In Canada

The difference will be awesome i hear.  Apparently 25"-27" 1440p are the best.

I have a 25" IPS and it's beautiful. I'd really like to have a 27" primary and make a wall O' monitor. The 900p is going on a retro build I have going dedicated to playing FO3.

From what I hear the difference once you move to 1440 makes frame rate more important. Not a concern for most of the games I play but it might mean lower settings on the bigger titles.

I have a 25" IPS and it's beautiful. I'd really like to have a 27" primary and make a wall O' monitor. The 900p is going on a retro build I have going dedicated to playing FO3.

From what I hear the difference once you move to 1440 makes frame rate more important. Not a concern for most of the games I play but it might mean lower settings on the bigger titles.

I like the retro FO3 idea.  One question, doesint IPS monitors usually have a higher response time?  (5ms instead of 1ms).  And yes, on the higher resolutions, its nicer but harder to have higher frame rate due to it looking like stuttering or lag if it goes decently low.

-Made In Canada

The 900p is going on a retro build I have going dedicated to playing FO3.

Nice, that's perfect for Fallout 3. I take it you're a Fallout purist too then, since you'll be running low resolution? I tried a bunch of the mods but hated them all, I strongly prefer the original other than the crash fixes and stutter fix, which are essential to install imo. I really hate the weapons mods that try to make the game more of an FPS when I find VATS by far the most fun way to play (like in Fallout 1 and 2). I think FO3 and FONV are terrible as FPS games and so much more fun to play with VATS like an RPG.

Nice, that's perfect for Fallout 3. I take it you're a Fallout purist too then, since you'll be running low resolution? I tried a bunch of the mods but hated them all, I strongly prefer the original other than the crash fixes and stutter fix, which are essential to install imo. I really hate the weapons mods that try to make the game more of an FPS when I find VATS by far the most fun way to play (like in Fallout 1 and 2). I think FO3 and FONV are terrible as FPS games and so much more fun to play with VATS like an RPG.

I kind of want to buy the fallout anthology to get physical copies of 1, 2, and tatics.  Then i will have bought 5 FO3 and 4 FNV.

Also, i agree the original vanilla FO3 is great.  (i think thats what you were saying).

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

I like the retro FO3 idea.  One question, doesint IPS monitors usually have a higher response time?  (5ms instead of 1ms).  And yes, on the higher resolutions, its nicer but harder to have higher frame rate due to it looking like stuttering or lag if it goes decently low.

Mines at 5ms if I remember right. Well worth it as the IPS screen makes a big difference in the look of the monitor. It hurts my eyes to look at my wife's 1080p television with TN screen. lol

Guilty as charged. The game in my opinion looks the best, looking the worst LOL. I have everything but the GPU and PSU. And I'll probably put some ram in it as it's a 2g right now. Running a Sempron 140 for a CPU.

I kind of want to buy the fallout anthology to get physical copies of 1, 2, and tatics.  Then i will have bought 5 FO3 and 4 FNV.

Also, i agree the original vanilla FO3 is great.  (i think thats what you were saying).

Have you played FO1 and FO2 yet? They are such awesome games. New Vegas is pretty much the spiritual successor to FO2. New Reno in FO2 is one of the most amazing game worlds I have ever played in. The art is incredible there even though it's an oldschool 2D isometric game.

5sX3Tp6.png

BwvI7gZ.png

I haven't played Tactics though. I haven't heard great things about that game and I know two of the later Fallout projects Black Isle worked on before Bethesda took over, Brotherhood of Steel and Van Buren, looked awful.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I love modded Skyrim, that game was supposed to be beautiful but has definitely aged in these four years, so the mods help a lot. But Fallout is expected to be kind of desolate, dead, and ugly 100 years after the war (or 200 in the case of Fallout 3).

God I hated killing Harold in Fallout 3. Such an amazing character in the earlier games (well, and in FO3 too).

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I love modded Skyrim, that game was supposed to be beautiful but has definitely aged in these four years, so the mods help a lot. But Fallout is expected to be kind of desolate, dead, and ugly 100 years after the war (or 200 in the case of Fallout 3).

Same as Fallout 4 (200 years later part).  I may be getting a 3gb vram card (780ti) but i dont know if it can mod Fallout 4.

-Made In Canada

God I hated killing Harold in Fallout 3. Such an amazing character in the earlier games (well, and in FO3 too).

I think you mean Fallout 2?

-Made In Canada

I think you mean Fallout 2?

You can kill him in FO1 or FO2, but in the canonical storyline he survives both and is in the Capital Wasteland in FO3. You haven't met him in FO3?

You can kill him in FO1 or FO2, but in the canonical storyline he survives both and is in the Capital Wasteland in FO3. You haven't met him in FO3?

I met the tree, but no one else named harold i can remember from.

-Made In Canada

I met the tree, but no one else named harold i can remember from.

That's him.

I haven't played Tactics though. I haven't heard great things about that game and I know two of the later Fallout projects Black Isle worked on before Bethesda took over, Brotherhood of Steel and Van Buren, looked awful.

Save yourself the agony that is Tactics. I felt dirty buying the Bethesda Steam pack because Tactics was included.

That's him.

Save yourself the agony that is Tactics. I felt dirty buying the Bethesda Steam pack because Tactics was included.

Oh, okay.

And should i still buy fallout anthology then?  It comes with all the fallout games on physical copies (which i prefer).

-Made In Canada

Oh, okay.

And should i still buy fallout anthology then?  It comes with all the fallout games on physical copies (which i prefer).

I would. The first two are still fun to play. Fallout 3 won't run on my rig (the reason for the purpose built Fallout rig) but Vegas runs fine on it. Expect some tweeking depending on the anthology you get, as some changes will have to be made so it's compatible with modern operating software. Worth the effort. IMO

I would. The first two are still fun to play. Fallout 3 won't run on my rig (the reason for the purpose built Fallout rig) but Vegas runs fine on it. Expect some tweeking depending on the anthology you get, as some changes will have to be made so it's compatible with modern operating software. Worth the effort. IMO

Okay.

Also, i asked a question about 20min ago and am not getting too much help, so if you dont mind me asking, do you know of any good optical drives or external drives for a pc that wont scratch them to dust?  If you dont really know, just say so.

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

Okay.

So i asked a question about 20min ago and am not getting too much help, so if you dont mind me asking, do you know of any good optical drives or external drives for a pc that wont scratch them to dust?  If you dont really know, just say so.

I use an Asus optical drive and it works great. Quiet and was 20 bucks. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

You can get a Blue-ray player but I find them to be a waste of money, just my opinion. As you can stream movies.