Any Big Diffrence In 3GB Vram And 3.5GB Vram?

Made In Canada
Go to solution Solved by Guest Kloaked,

Take your pick. But to answer your question, the VRAM stuff isn't anything to worry about.

Blame the AMD for putting more money in development rather than marketing like Nvidia does.

Doesn't have anything to do with it.

Im thinking of getting a 780ti if i can get it around the same price as a 970, however, after reading a recent thread, im am thinking if i should just go 970.  Will the 3.5gb vram make a big difference between the 3gb vram on modern games in 1080p?  (mostly ultra).

Before you say go for the 970 just because its newer which has nothing to do with the vram, remember the 780ti is more powerful at least from what ive seen (seen a fair amount) and i dont seem to care as much for the new dx12 features anyway.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

390>780ti > 970

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Why not go 390

Edit: This is like the tenth time ive said this today do new builders not know what AMD is?

Blame the AMD for putting more money in development rather than marketing like Nvidia does.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Why not go 390

Edit: This is like the tenth time ive said this today do new builders not know what AMD is?

I like Nvidia features more.

Im well aware of AMD by the way.

-Made In Canada

Take your pick. But to answer your question, the VRAM stuff isn't anything to worry about.

which features?

Do you guys legit not know what Nvidia offers over AMD?

Maybe to you guys the bells and whistles don't matter, but your preferences are obviously not as popular as you think they are.

Why not go 390

390>780ti > 970

Ive said it like 390 times today

Okay, just looked at some charts.  The r9 390 only beats the 780ti in a few catagories, and to be honest, i would still go 780ti for Nvidia Gameworks and such.

PS, none of you answered the question while your piled up advising to get a amd card...

-Made In Canada

Okay, just looked at some charts.  The r9 390 only beats the 780ti in a few catagories, and to be honest, i would still go 780ti for Nvidia Gameworks and such.

PS, none of you answered the question while your piled up advising to get a amd card...

I said the 780ti is better than a 970..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Ok okay

nvidia gameworks makes the game look better -10 fps. let me see what will actually make the game look better a better gpu.... you know what else makes a game look better *with mods* more video memory period

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Do you guys legit not know what Nvidia offers over AMD?

Maybe to you guys the bells and whistles don't matter, but your preferences are obviously not as popular as you think they are.

Thank You Nicolas Cage (kloaked) for not only answering the question, but also not advising amd when its not needed.

Thank You.

-Made In Canada

I said the 780ti is better than a 970..

I was asking for how the difference or if theres a difference in vram.

-Made In Canada

Ok okay

nvidia gameworks makes the game look better -10 fps. let me see what will actually make the game look better a better gpu.... you know what else makes a game look better *with mods* more video memory period

I dont mod a ton though.  And i guess the 780ti's power lets me get enough fps to let me use Nvidia Gameworks.

-Made In Canada

I dont mod a ton though.  And i guess the 780ti's power lets me get enough fps to let me use Nvidia Gameworks.

any AAA title in a year or so boom 3.5 gb of vram gone youll need more really soon

which features?

"features" /jk

Physx, HBAO+, Hairworks, etc.  Then you got SLI and DSR but those have similar AMD versions.

-Made In Canada

Gameworks kills FPS for all cards.

Physx, HBAO+, Hairworks, etc.  Then you got SLI and DSR but those have similar AMD versions.

SLI isnt a feature and hairworks is useless. Seriously a 390 would make a game look better.