Find no joy in video games anymore.

dhendry71

I was just wondering if anyone else just stopped enjoying video games. I just cant sit down and enjoy a single player campaign like i use to. the only game i play is csgo and thats just to win competitively and i still find no joy in it. Am i just losing my interest in gaming?

I've had that for a bit, but then my taste for it came back although it was a bit different.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

I think you either play to many video games and got bored with them, or you arent playing games that are sparking your interests, Thats what happened to me so i play a butt ton of warframe because its perfect for me

i did pre order fallout 4 though. thats the only game im looking forward to. also i have 125 steam games with about half of them being untouched. 

Take a tissue and play some Mechwarrior. Clear you right up.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Also why do you have a CX Psu, like eww

Ah, you know you're on LTT when someone goes out of their way to lookup your specs and complain about the power supply, despite it being completely irrelevant to the topic :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I was just wondering if anyone else just stopped enjoying video games. I just cant sit down and enjoy a single player campaign like i use to. the only game i play is csgo and thats just to win competitively and i still find no joy in it. Am i just losing my interest in gaming?

im the same way i used to love playing games in my free time and now its like i cant even finish a game i just get bored and turn my computer off.

i did pre order fallout 4 though. thats the only game im looking forward to. also i have 125 steam games with about half of them being untouched. 

Sound very much like me.. have 300+ games havent even played half of them

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Ah, you know you're on LTT when someone goes out of their way to lookup your specs and complain about the power supply, despite it being completely irrelevant to the topic :P

Sorry, lol i had to see

Very true my friend

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

lol i went to his profile to check his specs to see what hes rollin with

the main game i play right now is csgo and i only play to get better. i have no fun playing it

the main game i play right now is csgo and i only play to get better. i have no fun playing it

Sounds like burning out. Take a break. Live life. 

Yeah I agree. Sometimes you just need a break. Also... Some better games need to come out!

Some games are just better than others and they can keep you interested longer.

I put over 100 hours into Just Cause 2. Only 20 mins into Witcher 3. Call me crazy. But I loved Witcher 2, and I'm sure at some point I'll go back and play W3. Just need a break!

It's normal, but if the game gives you access to its console, you can mess around and have quite a bit of fun.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Yes, 100% understand this. 

For me, it happened about a year ago. Work got a bit busier. I started dating someone. I work 10+ hours at my computer each day, playing a video game is not relaxing to me anymore. Now, We are engaged, and she's the one who wants to play video games with me. It's all a part of life - it ebbs and flows. 

Most of the folks I gamed with, were actually married with kids. They had recently rediscovered their passion for gaming with friends. They would take a couple hours a few nights a week and play games now. So, you never know. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

From 2009 to 2012 I played PC games a good 40ish hours a week. All my college buddies and I would do Lans or Multiplayer online. Now Adult life and jobs kicked in and now I only play maybe 8ish hours a week. But I don't have the same urge or passion like I once did in my early 20's. Only been playing GTA V and trying to wrap up skyrim before attempting Fallout 4.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

Happens to everyone at some point, take a break from it and try other things. 

I'm 19 & I lost my interest in games & using my PC even... Also, I lost interest in games like a bit more than a year ago, but I got into Garry's Mod on sandbox mode where I was building cars & stuff, so I played it straight for a year everyday & made 1400h+ but then it got boring... You just need to find a game that gonna catch your interest & maybe you gonna get back into gaming...

Yeah I agree. Sometimes you just need a break. Also... Some better games need to come out!

Some games are just better than others and they can keep you interested longer.

I put over 100 hours into Just Cause 2. Only 20 mins into Witcher 3. Call me crazy. But I loved Witcher 2, and I'm sure at some point I'll go back and play W3. Just need a break!

I know what you mean but dang TW3 was great. I had never played a Witcher game before and it hooked me. The Hearts of Stone DLC is really awesome as well.

I'm starting to believe the Maxwell cads run so much better than Keplar on that game since I got the 970 from the 770... RMA upgrade...

Game can run SOOO much higher settings now and maintain a much better experience.

I believe it happens to everyone at some point, especially of ur 80's/90's gamer ..todays games can bore u silly, if ur lucky enough to stumble on one that looks good...which is rarely..*pick u game* ."oh this looks ok " .."im really getting into this" .. within 1-3 days (6-20 hours) .."oh its finished" :(

For me, I have been bored with gaming for the past 5 or so years, and I put that down to the lack of quality games.

Though its been more than 5 years since trash AAA releases became a thing, it only really affected me 5 years ago when I stopped playing my 2 MMO's I played regularly and started relying on non MMO's for my gaming entertainment. That's when the gravity of the situation in the game market hit me. From enjoying 25+ games a year 10 years back, to ,if im lucky, 1 a year now.. that's just bad.

I could go on a massive tangent about what is wrong with the game industry today vs 10+ years ago ..but I wont. :)

Needless to say, if ur finding current gaming boring, u might as well get comfortable, ull be there a while if my experience is anything to go by. :(

Single player games have that effect on me as well.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I know what you mean but dang TW3 was great. I had never played a Witcher game before and it hooked me. The Hearts of Stone DLC is really awesome as well.

I'm starting to believe the Maxwell cads run so much better than Keplar on that game since I got the 970 from the 770... RMA upgrade...

Game can run SOOO much higher settings now and maintain a much better experience.

I think you're alluding to a really good point here. The other issue that comes is the perpetual upgrades every couple of years just to keep running these games at 60+ Hz and high settings. Then all the game devs crap on us by giving unready games at launch... takes away from the experience and fun factor. $60 now, patch later.

The problem with TW3 for me is that it's one of the first games I've purchased near its launch. Most of the time, I wait until a game has matured with reviews, expansion packs, DLCs, and potentially mods. Usually about 6-12 months after release. I like getting the big picture first. With TW3... we are up to patch 11 now excluding Heart of Stone. Patch 11 on GOG is an absolute nightmare at 10 GB for a ~35 GB game. I have slow ass internet. With patches this large, it really makes you wonder if the game was ready for launch.