How-To Geek Biased Towards Intel

NVMe isn't a thing really, even after Apple slapped it into the 6s and 6s+

Excuse me....WHAT?????????????? Its in their new MacBook, its gonna be in the refresh of the Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and probs their desktops. Intel has added support for it in their 750 series ( I think) and NVME is quickly going to be replacing AHCI. You're blind if you think by next year we won't see widespread adoption.

What is your argument? You're thinking too hard about this.

Argument being that it doesn't matter if Intel made 64 bit processors with another architecture. AMD were the ones to release an x86 chip with 64 bit extensions and THAT'S all that matters.

Excuse me....WHAT?????????????? Its in their new MacBook, its gonna be in the refresh of the Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and probs their desktops. Intel has added support for it in their 750 series ( I think) and NVME is quickly going to be replacing AHCI. You're blind if you think by next year we won't see widespread adoption. 

That's what we said about SSDs. And budget laptops still have 5400rpm hard drives.

Argument being that it doesn't matter if Intel made 64 bit processors with another architecture. AMD were the ones to release an x86 chip with 64 bit extensions and THAT'S all that matters. 

Ah, so Apple shoving NVMe down our throats can be compared to AMD easing x64 into mainstream...

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

That's what we said about SSDs. And budget laptops still have 5400rpm hard drives.

Ah, so Apple shoving NVMe down our throats can be compared to AMD easing x64 into mainstream...

That's a bad thing??? Let me get this straight, if Apple doesn't implement new tech straight away (such as those useless quad core SOCs in their phones or stupid high 4K displays) then we're allowed to scream about how terribad Apple is but when they are pushing for new tech that will push our SSDs even more, they're just pushing crap down our throat??? Does this forum have an ignore list feature? I kinda wanna use it right now...

Sorry...didn't notice that

Yeah, according to this, AMD made x86-64

x86-64 (also known as x64, x86_64 and AMD64) is the 64-bit version of the x86 instruction set. It supports vastly larger amounts (theoretically, 264 bytes or 16 exbibytes) of virtual memory and physical memory than is possible on its 32-bit predecessors, allowing programs to store larger amounts of data in memory. x86-64 also provides 64-bit general-purpose registers and numerous other enhancements. It is fully backward compatible with the 16-bit and 32-bit x86 code.[1](p13–14) Because the full x86 16-bit and 32-bit instruction sets remain implemented in hardware without any intervening emulation, existing x86 executables run with no compatibility or performance penalties,[2] whereas existing applications that are recoded to take advantage of new features of the processor design may achieve performance improvements.

Sorry but that does not say anywhere that AMD created x64. In fact it doesn't say ANYTHING about AMD other than the name of AMD64

its called AMD64 because they developed it into consumer products

64 bit was invented by intel, and AMD followed

if you read the links I posted you would learn something new

OMFG. Intel made Itanium based 64 bit processors first but THEY DID NOT IMPLEMENT 64 BIT INTO x86!!!!!

Do you understand what "inventing" means?

Or maybe you dont know how to read?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That's a bad thing??? Let me get this straight, if Apple doesn't implement new tech straight away (such as those useless quad core SOCs in their phones or stupid high 4K displays) then we're allowed to scream about how terribad Apple is but when they are pushing for new tech that will push our SSDs even more, they're just pushing crap down our throat??? Does this forum have an ignore list feature? I kinda wanna use it right now...

I mean it's too early. USB being adopted really fast was inevitable. Most of what Apple has tried to adopt never really worked out. Thunderbolt is still unnecessary and stupidly expensive to implement. They ditched FireWire. Mini-DisplayPort only caught on with multi-monitor GPUs. Need I go on?

Look, just calm down. It's just a misunderstanding about x86-64. Just breathe in and breathe out.

Sorry but that does not say anywhere that AMD created x64. In fact it doesn't say ANYTHING about AMD other than the name of AMD64

its called AMD64 because they developed it into consumer products

64 bit was invented by intel, and AMD followed

if you read the links I posted you would learn something new

Do you understand what "inventing" means?

Or maybe you dont know how to read?

I don't give a crap about who invented what first. Yes well done. Let's all clap for Intel. Now who implemented 64 bit extensions for x86 that was Inte-oh wait that was AMD. 

I don't give a crap about who invented what first. Yes well done. Let's all clap for Intel. Now who implemented 64 bit extensions for x86 that was Inte-oh wait that was AMD. 

Please, stop. I'm actually calm for once and I don't want to go into flame mode ;-;

edit:

lb38N.pngOH SHIT BITCHES, RUUUUUNNNNN

LINUS IS HERE TO RIP SOME OF US OPEN /jk