Fallout 4 - My Concerns

Khajiit Dealer

As many of you know, there was a plethora of FO4 leaks. This resulted in people livestreaming the game and showing off various features ahead of release. I am not going to spoil the game's story or anything, but I would like to point out what I've observed from other people's streams. This is going to just be negatives so please don't get angry with me for not including all the good features the game has. All of this could be remedied via a day-one patch but I highly doubt that will be the case

-Graphics: It is clear that Bethesda shilled for Consoles again with this release. The PC version, even on ultra, is not impressive in the least. I'm not a huge graphics snob but I do have standards for AAA games. What made it even worse was that they tried to do damage control a few days later via their website.

1446782660379.jpg

1446782530023.jpg

1446756880170.png

1446752967725.png

1446753929902.png

Animations: Good lord, it looks like a modded New Vegas. 

-AI: There are multiple videos of dogmeat blocking doors, catching on fire whilst not reacting, and falling off of towers. The enemy AI is abysmal as well, though not quite as bad as the previous Fallout's AI.

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1446782159649.webm

-Story: I'm not going to spoil it. I'm just going to say that I believe many of you are going to be disappointed.

-Animations: Many are recycled from previous games.

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1446778829525.webm

-Small Map: There is a video showing how it only takes 11 MINUTES to cross the Fallout 4 map. This is extremely disappointing considering how people were saying the map was going to be 2-3 times the size of Skyrim when it ended up being about 1/2 the size. Of course, there are far less mountains and (assuredly) more things to do but I did notice quite a lot of swamp in the video with absolutely nothing around it.

y8zoE2C.png?1

-Bugs: Yep, this is a Bethesda title so this was to be expected.

Voiced Protagonist: Takes away from roleplaying. 

-Lip Sync: Good lord.

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1446781772540.webm

-Dialogue Wheel: It's extremely sad that a franchise known for its in-depth dialogue has now been reduced to FOUR OPTIONS which can be interpreted differently by the player. 

1446782408663.jpg

1446746376529.png

Despite all of these flaws, I'm still excited for the game. However, I've changed my mind about pre-ordering and I would suggest you do the same unless you can't absolutely wait to get your hands on this game. You might be thinking "these are your opinions, keep them to yourself" and while this may be true, I just wanted to warn some of you who may have already pre-ordered and those of you who have unrealistic expectations for this game.

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

I iz disappoint

at a minimum I hope the story is detailed and the main missions are clear that they are main

unlike with the previous games where I couldnt tell if I was going through a very long side mission or the main story

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

YOU FAILED HIM

YOU FAILED US ALL, BETHESDA

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

ill only address the graphics concern.. yes they have to nerf the graphics for console.. but if they dont do that and only release on pc the game wont sell nearly as well because face it, alot more people can afford a console than a decent gaming machine  and if the game doesnt sell well you can kiss future installments of the series buh bye and it would be too cost and time prohibitve to develop 2 completely different versions of the game 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Voice protagonist isn't a big deal to me.

The options are.

Vanilla Fallout 4 looks like modded F:NV which is why i was unimpressed.

The animations are ABYSMAL but i mean that's become expected of Bethesda.

I haven't looked into the leaks beyond looking at graphics, but wow i really hope i won't be disappointed with the story. I already have my own theories and such from what i heard before but i mean it can't be too bad.

Really? Is the map that small? I heard it would be about the same size as Skyrim.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Mods will make this game great probably,but that might be a long while before good quality ones come out. I don't think I will be picking it up on release, but my friend who is really into fallout is getting this day one, on PC too urrrr yeah, I told him there would probably be bugs but he didn't listen .

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Voice protagonist isn't a big deal to me.

The options are.

Vanilla Fallout 4 looks like modded F:NV which is why i was unimpressed.

The animations are ABYSMAL but i mean that's become expected of Bethesda.

I haven't looked into the leaks beyond looking at graphics, but wow i really hope i won't be disappointed with the story. I already have my own theories and such from what i heard before but i mean it can't be too bad.

Really? Is the map that small? I heard it would be about the same size as Skyrim.

Yes, there is a leaked video of it but I can't post it without this thread (likely) getting taken down. Do some googling and you might be able to find it. 

It was on youtube but Zenimax claimed it and took it down. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

What if....

It's just a modded fallout 3, with a different story line...

It's certainly looking to be just that... 

Yes, there is a leaked video of it but I can't post it without this thread (likely) getting taken down. Do some googling and you might be able to find it. 

I googled and found a Kotaku article with the video taken down already.

Based on the written description, there should be more to do in less space and that's the reasoning for the smaller map.

To be honest, though it's not like Skyrim had very little to do anywhere.

I'm actually a bit disappointed that's considered the reason, i won't be picking up Fallout 4 until the GOTY edition drops with all the DLC bundled (because it inevitably will) so i shouldn't be too concerned anyways.

...I'm going to hope those are placeholder visuals.

That first picture, no EFFIN way the texture and polycount is that low on ultra. You can see the damn polygon corners on her right shoulder.

And that second picture, the HUD looks like someone made it in paint. I refuse to believe that's the final HUD.

As for the dialogue though... (cries)

Awesome.

I really like your style of criticism.

Really well formed opinions and I agree with you on most of them.

This was a good read my cousin bought the game and we have family sharing enabled. So luckily I lose no money on this but I fully intend on playing it and forming my opinions after actually playing myself.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

the dialogue wheel implementation / voice acting is probably the strangest part about this game. not only may there be discrepancies between the choice and when the character actually says it, but it restricts the amount of dialogue you can engage in. the only way that would probably be improved is a fifth choice that opens additional dialogue, but that should have been shown by now.. 

i still commend the voice actors in voicing thousands upon thousands of lines, but.. 

as for the map, the 11-minute walk business is too misleading, as it doesn't account for indoor cells or areas that may be hidden from view. plus he's walking in a seemingly shortest path possible

it pains to say that mods will probably either fix or improve the large majority of this game's issues, whether if it's bugs, the HUD... there'll probably be bound to be modders willing to do it. if not then bethesda has some work to do..

...I'm going to hope those are placeholder visuals.

i really doubt those are placeholders. bethesda would have shown the best of how the game looks by now..

RE: Graphics

How about instead we have a game with perfect graphics, a tiny map, and nothing to do? Except that would be a walking simulator, not an RPG/FPS!

Go play @1024x768 at low and run that game at 100+ fps if you think graphics mean nothing in a modern RPG/FPS.

Bethesda's coming with a small map and unimpressive graphics.

as for the map, the 11-minute walk business is too misleading, as it doesn't account for indoor cells or areas that may be hidden from view. plus he's walking in a seemingly shortest path possible

When I get the game I'm going to walk from one corner to the other, then do the same for skyrim and Fallout 3. That way I can see how long it takes me to cross the map.

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

The map size was address days after Fallout 4 was announced, it's as big in buildings as it is between them. So you have as much to do inside, as out. You can also se the map if you download the Pipboy app that launched today.

Graphics, that picture of the super mutants is from the Bethesda announcement, months ago, and using a Xbox One. Graphics could suck, who cares? But let's wait until we have them to react.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

What are all of you going to do on Tuesday? Are you going to make a topic a day apologizing for jumping at rumors if you're wrong? No, you'll hope everyone forgets...

When I get the game I'm going to walk from one corner to the other, then do the same for skyrim and Fallout 3. That way I can see how long it takes me to cross the map.

then we'll all see if fallout 4 plays like a champ or not.. 

What are all of you going to do on Tuesday? Are you going to make a topic a day apologizing for jumping at rumors if you're wrong? No, you'll hope everyone forgets...

Lectures *sigh*, then wait until 5PM for the mail room to open and collect my copy of the game. Then unbox my PIP BOY and enjoy playing with it. (No, that is not a euphemism)

Then, I might play the game.

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

Lectures *sigh*, then wait until 5PM for the mail room to open and collect my copy of the game. Then unbox my PIP BOY and enjoy playing with it. (No, that is not a euphemism)

Then, I might play the game.

not you my brother, this topic a day saying the graphics suck and showing console screenshot wears on a guy. And I don't even care if the graphics suck, more fps for me :lol:

Really? Wait 5 fucking days, just 5 fucking days. Then you will know, rather than getting your panties in a twist over rumors.

I say that with respect.

Um, how can leaks be rumors?

If assets are out then it's what we get, 5 days won't make any difference. They can't change anything during 5 days!

In fact the game is already DONE and shipped! All they can do now is day 1 patch fixes.

just look at my thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/477594-fallout-4-gameplay/

As long as we don't host any content here on the forums then they can't really take down anything since we are just discussing leaks. Linking to videos won't do anything lol.