Anyone know a good silent case for the money?

TYCriswell2

I am upgrading my old system to a GTX 980 and ATX motherboard and possibly and AIO liquid cooler Corsair, GTX h100i. I want it to match my white theme, whether it be all black or a white case like the NZXT H440. I have been looking at the Define R5, but I like the features the H440 offers with the lit rear IO. They both match my color scheme. And on sort of a tight budget. The Corsair Graphite 760t will be the most I will spend on a case. Thanks for reading :3.

h440 is wonderful

Back lit IO, PSU Shroud, Black and white or white and black versions. Stealth kind of 3.25" drive bays, great cable managment

First thing you need to do before you get another case is replace the stock fans on the AIO if you haven't already.

I have the R5 (no window) and it's wonderful. Dual front intake fans, 1 rear exhaust, NH-D15 cooler; all fans running low RPM almost constantly, and I can't hear it running whatsoever. Microphones don't even pick it up if they're more than 2-3 feet away. :P

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

imma tell you right now, I find the rear IO light basicly useless on the H440, its just to dull, good idea, bad execution

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

TBH, any case will make noise if you run your fans over 1000 rpm by my experience with the Define R4. Remember, all cases have fan mounts close to intake/exhaust vents so they can't really be muffled or it would defeat the purpose of having them.

Fans are controlled and I have the fronts at 700rpm, bottom 800rpm and rear on the Corsair H90 at 900RPM. None on top and moduvents on.

Any higher on any of them and I start to notice.

S340 for asthetics.... and then add a little sound dampening foam for silence.    Since you have a "theme" then you probably want a window, and every "sound optimize" case i am aware of losses the window in favor of more foam....

Enderman did a nice job

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/271164-white-heaven-endermans-s340-modbuild-log/

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm