Imagine a laptop with mechanical keys

Alir

Ever heard of such a thing?

It seems absurd how popular mechanical keybaords are and yet not a single laptop has mechanical keys.

Especially for people like myself who don't mind a lil bulk.

Thin laptops are not how it should be.

Ironically with that said I have an ultrabook. though if I could buy again I wouldn't mind going for a 15 or + " laptop. In fact I'd prefer it

look up gt 80 titan sli

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

There is one.

EDIT:

im pretty sure ther already is one

I only know of one. I think it's an MSi gaming one. It's in the thousands I think.

A complete rip off.

I'm talking about a feasible, reasonably priced business laptop for work. Or even one for gaming - just without all the stupid gimmicks

There is one.

EDIT:

Too much gimmick in that though. And it's no way near as portable enough as a decent mechanical laptop could be

I only know of one. I think it's an MSi gaming one. It's in the thousands I think.

A complete rip off.

I'm talking about a feasible, reasonably priced business laptop for work. Or even one for gaming - just without all the stupid gimmicks

Because normal "office" people don't care about the keyboard on their laptops. They want it to be thin, fast and light.

And if you really want a mechanical keyboard on a laptop you can always bring one with you.

It seems absurd how popular mechanical keybaords are and yet not a single laptop has mechanical keys.

There is a laptop with mechanical key's funnily enough I own it.  MSI GT Titan SLI Gaming Laptop.  It has the cherry switches, two titan cards, and I really enjoy the light up mouse pad with the laser like numpad on it.  Though it weighs a ton, and I once dropped it because I picked it up in the bag I had it in upside down but it hit the ground and sustained a minor graze.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

There is one that already exists, but I wouldn't think of it as brick, god damn think is like a lightweight desktop

Especially considering how cheap a non-branded one could be.

I don't understand how mechanical keys on laptops aren't a thing yet

Cherry needs to make thinner switches for laptop use.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

They do exist, but are wicked expensive.

But lets be honest, if you were super hardcore about gaming and needed a mechanical keyboard, you would buy a desktop, not a laptop.

It's not even just for gaming, mechanical is miles better for typing(In my opinion)

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

I'd say something like the Apple's Macbook with their butterfly switch is a great start, though something with more travel length on the key would be better. 

The MSI Mechanical keyboard laptop is just absurd.

Too much gimmick in that though. And it's no way near as portable enough as a decent mechanical laptop could be

Well what the crap do you expect them to be able to do with a portable PC like that? What you're implying someone to build just isn't feasible.

I just get my mechanical keyboard and perch it on my laptop. Or in front. It's perfect because the Quickfire TK is exactly the same width as a 15" laptop.

Cherry switches themselves are already almost as thick as most laptops.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I'd say something like the Apple's Macbook with their butterfly switch is a great start, though something with more travel length on the key would be better. 

The MSI Mechanical keyboard laptop is just absurd.

I don't think so, I use it as a daily driver and while, yes it's a hassle it is absolutely fantastic!

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Well what the crap do you expect them to be able to do with a portable PC like that? What you're implying someone to build just isn't feasible.

What do you mean?

And laptops are used mostly by heavy typers who would benefit greatly from mechanical keys

Everytime I hit a key it feels like I am chopping off my fingers (low travel keys that is)

And as for sound, a mechanical keyboard can make a lot less sound - especially since you're not smashing your laptop with your fingers with each key press

You JUST said you don't care If It's bulky and not very portable.... Just admit you were wrong....

Especially considering how cheap a non-branded one could be.

I don't understand how mechanical keys on laptops aren't a thing yet

Because actual mechanical switches are massive compared to the normal chiclet switches that are used. And you can't have the cake and eat it too.

If you look at something like the MSI GT80 Titan, then that's basically how big the laptop has to be in order for it to fit a normal mechanical keyboard and a track pad. And even then, you are missing the numpad. If you make it thinner, then there wont be enough room for the switches for the keyboard and its keycaps.

What would you personally change with the MSI GT80 in order for it to go from a desktop replacement to a more normal laptop?

Because actual mechanical switches are massive compared to the normal chiclet switches that are used. And you can't have the cake and eat it too.

If you look at something like the MSI GT80 Titan, then that's basically how big the laptop has to be in order for it to fit a normal mechanical keyboard and a track pad. And even then, you are missing the numpad. If you make it thinner, then there wont be enough room for the switches for the keyboard and its keycaps.

What would you personally change with the MSI GT80 in order for it to go from a desktop replacement to a more normal laptop?

"They should make it thinner and not as gimmicky"

Whatever that means.

Reminds me of this video:

Its not possible really, only in a  laptop like the GT80 would it work, since a mechanical keyboard is so thick, you still need a place to put the actual components, and ways to get the heat out etc

LAPTOPS are PORTABLE devices - heavy thick devices are niche, and are more desktop replacements than they are portable computers

Being somebody that owns an 18.4" Gaming laptop, I am so looking forward to replacing it with something thin and light at 14", since then I can actually move it around

For 99% of laptop users, portability and battery life as just as important as performance, and there is a balancing act

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You JUST said you don't care If It's bulky and not very portable.... Just admit you were wrong....

untitle.JPG