[PSA] Do not go with sapphire if you value customer support

thekeemo

Here is my experience with them in a nutshell

I bought a reference 290x with a years worth of money saved up
I used the reference 290x
It lit on FIRE!! (January 2015)
I contacted customer support (three times now)
Told that I can't RMA because I HAD to get rid of the card because the odor literally brought tears to everyone in the houses eyes and basically acted like tear gas (something I have been in contact with so no i'm not exaggerating)
I have photo evidence of ownership of the card
The phone number on the site does not work

and I am denied a replacement
I have tried contacting them via social media, phone and email.
At a minimum I got $50 back from selling the heatsink.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

$50 from a heat sink? Wonder if I could sell my xfx DD heatsink for some $$

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Moral of the story: Don't buy a reference 290X. :P

Better moral of the story, don't go with sapphire GPUs...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

My EVGA 750 SC smokes up my pc usually monthly, oddly works still. It smoked when i was afk with no program running.  Don't ask how im clueless and keeping it for the keks.

| NZXT H440 | AOC e2450Swd, AOC 2436V, RCA 42" LED TV | AMD 8320E | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 |MSI GeForce GTX 960 Titanium OC 4GB | Corsair CX 750 | 3 TB WD Green and PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Ramaxel RMR5030ME68F9F1600 - 4GBx2 |Logitech G710+|Logitech G502 | Astro A40 | Blue Snowball Ice |

EVGA, MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte are ones i would go for tbh. But no refund when your card lit up? That's shocking in my opinion. 

Not GB. I have had to deal with them before (and currently) and they are definitely not great

That's how RMA works

you send them the card

if the odor was really that bad you could have put it in a plastic bag or box and sealed it

it's not their fault that they follow company policy

it's your fault for throwing it away

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wait, so you're upset with their customer support because they wouldn't send you a replacement for a card you threw out? 

/From everything I've heard, Sapphire is basically the EVGA of AMD -- offering some of the best customer support available. 

//The phone number not working could just be them changing numbers recently and/or forgetting to update a number.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Not GB. I have had to deal with them before (and currently) and they are definitely not great

Are msi good for their customer service? Cause the gpu i'm buying is msi and i don't want to be sent a broken card or it to break after a while and then get shitty customer service trying to get the refund

One of the best topics I've ever seen is http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/

Are msi good for their customer service? Cause the gpu i'm buying is msi and i don't want to be sent a broken card or it to break after a while and then get shitty customer service trying to get the refund

There is a thread made a few minutes ago. That is what really got me riled up.

That's how RMA works

you send them the card

if the odor was really that bad you could have put it in a plastic bag or box and sealed it

it's not their fault that they follow company policy

it's your fault for throwing it away

If you were there you would agree with me. Trust me on that.

The fact that it surprises you, surprises me.

Just because you have owned the card and have told them what happened doesn't mean you're entitled to a new one, for all they know you could've sold it and are trying to scam them.

While I've had a few things start smoking and a battery bank catch on fire I can't comment on the smell, due to well... my lack of smell.

PSA: Don't throw away something that you're meant to send in for a replacement.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Yes. Some guy made a thread a few minutes ago and said he sent in his 280X I think for RMA and they sent him back a 390X.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

If you were there you would agree with me. Trust me on that.

Still not company policy to just send you a new card.  You didn't follow the proper channels and now you're blaming the manufacturer.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The fuck did you do to your card to make it give off tear gas

The fuck did you do to your card to make it give off tear gas

the mosfet went bad

Still not company policy to just send you a new card.  You didn't follow the proper channels and now you're blaming the manufacturer.

I went through the proper channels first (three times)

then their social media

then their forums

now here

the mosfet went bad

I went through the proper channels first (three times)

then their social media

then their forums

now here

The proper procedure was to send it back to them, not dismantle and sell for parts.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

What odor?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

What odor?

I've never had a Gigabyte RMA take longer than 3 weeks., to return my 2x bad 290's.

They also kept in contact with me, paid for the courier, upgraded me to 2x290x's as well.

Aussie-Gigabyte is better than others it seems.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So the memes about 290's burning up ARE true. :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM