Is it worth it ? ( Case swapping )

Ridska

Ridska here ,

Before preceding , I would like to ask this question : Is it possible to change your current case into a new one ? If So :  

I am thinking of changing my case ( the Bitfenix Comrade ) to a different one.

First off , Because of how the case was made , I am having come air flow issues and heating issues and to top it off , Cable management has been ( pardon for my language ) but a heaping cluster f**k.

I do have a theory that because of my poor cable managing , The PC heat issue is residing from there. 

Anyway , I do have a 650W PSU and 5 fans ( Heat sink fans included ).

I am open to case suggestions , Budget can be around 80 euros.

Thanks and stay groovie :D

(⌐■_■) 

If you have to ask if it's worth it, it's usually not. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Ridska here ,

Before preceding , I would like to ask this question : Is it possible to change your current case into a new one ? If So :  

I am Thinking of changing my case ( the Bitfenix Comrade ) to a different one.

First off , Because of how the case was made , I am having come air flow issues and heating issues and to top it off , Cable management has been ( pardon for my language ) but a heaping cluster f**k.

I do have a theory that because of my poor cable managing , The PC heat issue is residing from there. 

Corsair 200R

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Ridska here ,

I am Thinking of changing my case ( the Bitfenix Comrade ) to a different one.

How badly can a case be messed up to have heat issues with 5 fans installed? Pictures? You might have other problems or I got you wrong.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

If you have heat issues, I would either just rip a side panel or two off and run it that way, or just go all out and get a better case. Like the Enthoo Pro. It is pretty freaking bae. Not sure if it's in your budget tho.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

How badly can a case be messed up to have heat issues with 5 fans installed? Pictures? You might have other problems or I got you wrong.

Lemme whip out le potato camera , hola brb. 

(⌐■_■) 

If your going from some crappy budget case to an actual case with proper design then I'd definitely recommend doing so. Cable management, general looks etc are an amazing improvement just off the top of my head. 

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

You can get a Fractal Design Define S (without the window) or a Define R4 for around 80 euros - at least here in Germany.
The Corsair 230T is also a pretty good option.

You can get a Fractal Design Define S (without the window) or a Define R4 for around 80 euros - at least here in Germany.

The Corsair 230T is also a pretty good option.

Ill check them at amazon.de.

Edit : If y'all want , i can give a list of names for the fans that i am using right now.

(⌐■_■) 

And lastly , Here.

Looks good to me. But you need to close it to get airflow.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Looks good to me. But you need to close it to get airflow.

I opened it just to show it to you all.

And i doo keep the front open like this. it does habe a plastic plate face , but i fount out that if i put it on , it heats up more than the current situation.

(⌐■_■) 

I opened it just to show it to you all.

And i doo keep the front open like this. it does habe a plastic plate face , but i fount out that if i put it on , it heats up more than the current situation.

Ya you need a second outtake. That would help. Can you install a fan in the roof?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Ya you need a second outtake. That would help. Can you install a fan in the roof?

Nope . I can not install a second out take fan because there is no fan mounting point on the case.

Top is solid aluminum .

(⌐■_■) 

Nope . I can not install a second out take fan because there is no fan mounting point on the case.

Top is solid aluminum .

two outake one intake would be better. Ure fan cant put the hot air out as fast the intake blow it into the case. So Air circle around and get hotter inside. In you case i would say a new one is worth it. How much money are you willing to spend?

two outake one intake would be better. Ure fan cant put the hot air out as fast the intake blow it into the case. So Air circle around and get hotter inside. In you case i would say a new one is worth it. How much money are you willing to spend?

Around 80 euros , Less or more on that price range.

(⌐■_■) 

If you have heat issues, I would either just rip a side panel or two off and run it that way, or just go all out and get a better case. Like the Enthoo Pro. It is pretty freaking bae. Not sure if it's in your budget tho.

Damn I love the Enthoo Pro. Putting the 120mm fans on the two drive cages really brings my gpu and hard drive temps down even running them slowly.

Damn I love the Enthoo Pro. Putting the 120mm fans on the two drive cages really brings my gpu and hard drive temps down even running them slowly.

I forgot you would even do that lol

I have the res bracket screwed in so... And not only that, but the two 140mm fans I have in the front do pretty well.

This case really is an airflow monster when it comes down to it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

good god that's worse than the thermaltake commander ms-1

i iz got to do , what i have , sorry man.

(⌐■_■)