So which Antivirus do you prefer and can you tell me why?

Hey guys so im curious to know which of these two antivirus, that are top tier in reviews and acclaims, you prefer so that i will know which to get :P. Gotta stay safe in this ever changing connected world... both on stationary and on the run.

Groomlake Authority

Kaspersky because bitdefender updated and broke for me. 

in b4 you dont need anti virus if you are smart

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

-snip-

B4? :l Battlefield 4 or you refer to something else xD? I know what i do online and where to go to prevent catastrophic information susceptility but i dunno to what to associate your b4 :D as in "before" or the world?

Groomlake Authority

Bitfender, i have been using it for quite a while, no issues, many useful features such as registry fix, defragmentation tools etc.

Also very good with OS swaps. I didn't lose my key over 4 swaps.

-snip-

True, but you still cannot see trough digital data so there may be malicious files bombarding our computer trough the network channel... who knows that when information splits into millions of tiny packages one of them comes bloonishly infected with god knows what right?

Groomlake Authority

B4? :l Battlefield 4 or you refer to something else xD? I know what i do online and where to go to prevent catastrophic information susceptility but i dunno to what to associate your b4 :D as in "before" or the world?

lol yes it means in before someone posts saying ..whatever in this case that you dont need anti virus

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

-snip-

Not even for a mobile device running android? Theres still bitdefender and kaspersky to choose from there :P.

Groomlake Authority

Not even for a mobile device running android? Theres still bitdefender and kaspersky to choose from there :P.

I personally don't use one on a phone but phones are extremely closed off ecosystems and its unlikely malware will compromize a phone (not impossible but unlikely, especially if you don't root/jailbreak or install .apks that are floating around on the web) a machine as open as windows or even OSX though is a different matter entirely. 

Anyways, to answer you question I personally use Avast, with Malware Bytes and "Windows Firewall Control" its an addon for the stock windows firewall that gives popup prompts when connections are attempted to be made and lets you decide how to handle the traffic.

System Specs

None, mostly because I'm smart with my browsing and haven't had a virus in over 3 years now

/thread

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Honestly I just use Windows Defender. It's enough if you know what you're doing. Most of the link-scanning, securely-password-saving, spam-filtering features have free alternatives.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I use Webroot and Malwarebytes. Webroot scored has having the least impact when gaming and stuff. It scored adequately in virus tests. I really liked it because it didn't have a lot of things I didn't want and the UI is neat.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

I'm going to go 'other' and say Avast. I've always had great experiences with it, it's relatively lightweight, and it has a single option that turns off all the pop-up warnings and sounds that all the AV's have anymore. Plus free forever.

malwarebytes + AVG

a lot of people use a vast instead of AVG, its just as good

I just like the AVG interface design better

all 3 of these are free ^^^

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

None, mostly because I'm smart with my browsing and haven't had a virus in over 3 years now

/thread

I hope you realize that trusted program updates and drivers can be infected with viruses...

Your being "smart" isn't going to stop those at all

You're not even going to know you have a virus when you get one either

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020