If your computer died which component would you be most sad to lose?

Luke

GPU.  I did pretty well in the Silicon lottery. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Nothing. Its all replaceable.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

CPU because my GPU sucks. GT730 is not worth it but my 4460 is fucking worth it

Mainly it would have to be CPU or GPU, as these should be the most expensive items in the build, however in practicality, you really wouldn't want your PSU to fail on you.

But i'd probs be sadder to lose my 4790K, as if I lose the gpu, I could happily get a replacement (upgrade) but if you lose your CPU, I can't upgrade from a 4790K on a z97 board.. So you'd have to consider getting a 6th gen system aswell..

my cpu 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I don't know, maybe ram(16gb adata), PSU(Raider 750) or CPU(FX-4170, you don't see many of those CPUs)

In my old one- HDD (hitachi deskstar 80gb, still no problems after 8 years) or MB- it's unique, it has G31M-S2L written on it, but it's actually a G31M-ES2C, heatsinks,audio and lan chips show that it's ES2C, while on it it's written S2L. :D

Shouldn't every one say their most expensive component?

Why not just ask why the most expensive component is in every one's system?

Most expensive part.

Seems a easy answer, but as I've gotten older Ive just naturally been able to afford new parts. When i was younger I saved up and moved from my old xbox (didn't like the new 360 and ps3) to my first desktop (use to have a laptop for PC games that sucked)... Anyway I got a core 2 duo e8200 with like a 8500 that ran games like counter strike source decently but struggled on bigger tittles, and I remember someone saying its not even a gaming grade card. I started playing wow and finally upgraded saving up and spending over 200 dollars (AUD) on a 9600 GT the thing was so fast.

These days I run a i7 3770k and a 970 but Ill always remember those fond years where I struggled with parts. Consoles may be easier to run for the younger kids but their is a quality or charm to having to dig through config files and dial down settings to get things to run on your dated hardware, and finally saving up to by the best card you can which ends up being a middle to low end card.

I find the majority of laptop gamers more perplexing than console gamers. Just about every conversation when asking them about their computer equals I bought it for portability, yet they cannot remember the last time they even lifted it from their desk.

Probably my HDD. I don't trust cloud storage and I don't want to lose tons of memorable pictures even restores black/white/Polaroid bits (only a fraction gets posted online for relatives abroad to see.)

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

watts300, on 03 Nov 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

No, some components have sentimental value.  For example, I had a hard time replacing my QUICKLY aging AMD Phenom II 1075T a year ago because a previous lover had given it to me.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

All of 'em. This is the first thing that I bought for myself using my own money. I'll die if I lose my computer. LOL :D

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Sentimental value.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Having m/b died already.. biggest sadness will be gpu then cpu

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

Probably the case. Worked hard on that thing.

But as that's not very likely to break (though wood is flammable) I'd say

Most of the insides are relatively cheap to replace. Not that I'd want to if I didn't have to, but still, not the end of the world.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Hard drives and SSD's. To be honest if anything in this rig died I'd be pretty bummed because I hate spending money on components.

My i7 2600. I have no desire to upgrade it and it was pretty expensive. The gpu was also expensive, but at least I could buy a nice upgrade if it died.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So if your computer randomly died destroying all of the components including the case (yes i know this question makes no sense) which would you be the most sad to lose? Also just for the sake of this hypothetical question let's say that all of your data has been backed up from your hard drives.

attachicon.gifhulk01.jpg

mobo, since my os is OEM.

Nothing to see here, move along

Monetary value - gpu (780 strix)

Emotional value - HDDs

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

the cpu and gpu , as they are the most expensive .

I hate my mobo , so that would be OK.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case