Should I Get This Anti-virus

I have a free subscription of 6 months to Bit Defender Internet security 2016 and was wondering if Bit Defender Internet security 2016 has any bugs or issues as it's new?

Thanks for any help

you dont need to pay for any antivirus

get AVG or Avast (free version) and then add malwarebytes (also free)

those are the only two things you need for protection

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have a free subscription of 6 months to Bit Defender Internet security 2016 and was wondering if Bit Defender Internet security 2016 has any bugs or issues as it's new?

Thanks for any help

Why don't you just use Avast? It's highly rated positive and really stable. Plus you can install it on Android devices to take your security with you. It comes with a 30 day free trial then you can sign up and subscribe to it on a yearly basis with other pro features available.

Why don't you just use Avast? It's highly rated positive and really stable. Plus you can install it on Android devices to take your security with you. It comes with a 30 day free trial then you can sign up and subscribe to it on a yearly basis with other pro features available.

I don't want to pay for an antivirus but I got 6 months of paid antivirus for free so I wanted to use it then switch to Avast free antivirus

I don't want to pay for an antivirus but I got 6 months of paid antivirus for free so I wanted to use it then switch to Avast free antivirus

I'm currently using Avast with the free 1 year trial after signing up

I'm currently using Avast with the free 1 year trial after signing up

how did you get that?

I think we really need a sticky on this, or recommend software in general. This question is asked too much. This thread should be a sticky, but of course, should be audited for errors and such beforehand..

That aside:

For free AV you should either get Avira or Bitdefender. Bitdefender is more lightweight, but it doesn't give you many options in terms of control or how it works.

If you want a paid one then either Bitdefender or Kaspersky. I would probably go with Kaspersky just for the fact that their team has found a lot of security issues in the past. You can also check out AVTEST, a third-party company that rates AVs. (Bitdefender and Kaspersky are the top 2)

Do not get Avast!, as it is complete shit. Go to this link to find out why.

You will also want to scan your computer weekly, or whatever amount of time you are comfortable with, with Malwarebytes. Just to be clear, Malwarebytes is NOT an AV, nor should it be used like one. So do not run it along side your AV, only use it is a scanner. Make sure to not accept the trial it offers, and to disable it on startup.

I think we really need a sticky on this, or recommend software in general. This question is asked too much. This thread should be a sticky, but of course, should be audited for errors and such beforehand..

That aside:

For free AV you should either get Avira or Bitdefender. Bitdefender is more lightweight, but it doesn't give you many options in terms of control or how it works.

If you want a paid one then either Bitdefender or Kaspersky. I would probably go with Kaspersky just for the fact that their team has found a lot of security issues in the past. You can also check out AVTEST, a third-party company that rates AVs. (Bitdefender and Kaspersky are the top 2)

Do not get Avast!, as it is complete shit. Go to this link to find out why.

You will also want to scan your computer weekly, or whatever amount of time you are comfortable with, with Malwarebytes. Just to be clear, Malwarebytes is NOT an AV, nor should it be used like one. So do not run it along side your AV, only use it is a scanner. Make sure to not accept the trial it offers, and to disable it on startup.

ok so I have MSE and tried to uninstall it but it didn't uninstall so I installed bitdefender because it stated that it will remove any other security solution before proceeding but it didn't and now I have 2 anti-viruses what do i do?

ok so I have MSE and tried to uninstall it but it didn't uninstall so I installed bitdefender because it stated that it will remove any other security solution before proceeding but it didn't and now I have 2 anti-viruses what do i do?

Try Revo Unisntaller.

how did you get that?

In the account section of the program, you simply need to sign up or sign in, this will automatically increase your duration to a full year