Car shopping!

skate048

So you think a Merceds A class handles like an E class? an S classs? like an SLS? like a GL? like an M?

I mean in the way they steer and not in the way of performance.

Noooo I never buy used! Quick tip: NEVER BUY USED IN SWEDEN! Every used car here is about to explode. When I was 21 I bought a used Volvo wich costed me $15000 and the engine broke 3 months later and similar shit has happend to some of my friends and even my Dad!

Speak for your self. I bought a used Skoda for like $900 and it works very well.

I mean in the way they steer and not in the way of performance.

that is what I was referring to, they all use different steering systems, some light, some heavy, some are road adaptive and change depending on the speed, so they are lighter at low speeds and heavier at higher speeds etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3-4x is not a "bit"

Reallyy 3-4 times as much? IF you look at a let's say BMW that is the 2013 model. Will only cost 13500 Swedish crowns more than a used model. 13500 Swedish crowns is roughly 1300 US dollars.

Speak for your self. I bought a used Skoda for like $900 and it works very well.

Well congratulations!

that is what I was referring to, they all use different steering systems, some light, some heavy, some are road adaptive and change depending on the speed, so they are lighter at low speeds and heavier at higher speeds etc

Ok you have convinced me!

Noooo I never buy used! Quick tip: NEVER BUY USED IN SWEDEN! Every used car here is about to explode. When I was 21 I bought a used Volvo wich costed me $15000 and the engine broke 3 months later and similar shit has happend to some of my friends and even my Dad!

New cars fail too you know, in fact the period where most cars suffer issues is the first 12 months!!!

If you buy used, you can buy from a used dealership, for example, my dads CLS320 is from an official mercedes dealership, they just had used ones on the forecourt and came with 12 months Mercedes warranty

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Reallyy 3-4 times as much? IF you look at a let's say BMW that is the 2013 model. Will only cost 13500 Swedish crowns more than a used model. 13500 Swedish crowns is roughly 1300 US dollars.

You have to go a bit older... like 2006

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Have you thought of leasing a car as it'll be cheaper and you can have different car every 2 years?

You have to go a bit older... like 2006

New cars fail too you know, in fact the period where most cars suffer issues is the first 12 months!!!

If you buy used, you can buy from a used dealership, for example, my dads CLS320 is from an official mercedes dealership, they just had used ones on the forecourt and came with 12 months Mercedes warranty

Hey one question: I went to the mercedes benz configurator and choosed the parts and all that good stuff. But then I can't place that order! If I can't choose the components and then have them build it just like I want then why is there even a configurator?

Hey one question: I went to the mercedes benz configurator and choosed the parts and all that good stuff. But then I can't place that order! If I can't choose the components and then have them build it just like I want then why is there even a configurator?

You can, that is what the configuration before, the build your car to order

Hello!

So yesterday I was in a car accident. And my $17500 car is a bit destroyed! More than a bit my mechanic says it will cost around $70000 to repair it! So as you can understand I would rather buy a new car than repair the old one. My old car was a 2011 Mercedes Benz S class. And I LOOOOOOVE the design on Mercede´s cars. So I would really like a new mercedes. And I'm thinking about the latest Mercedes Benz C class. It has room for all of my family, it looks awesome!, and it's not too expensive. So I don't know if I should buy it or not... Can you help me?

A320 Mercedes.

haha what that is just 100% not true

seriously dont listen to people, pick the car YOU like, everyone has different tasts, and cars are a very personal purchase decision you need to find the traits that suit you

I think he means they are good handling cars. Like pretty much all BMW's are great handling cars...

System: Thinkpad T460

I think he means they are good handling cars. Like pretty much all BMW's are great handling cars...

I think he literally meant what he said, that they all feel the same to drive, which is preposterous 

but yes they do normally have nice handling

I'd go for a 328/340i. I prefer them over the C-class.

And they provide the legendary 3-series driving experience + imo they look super nice.

System: Thinkpad T460

You configure it to get a price. You then go to a dealership to confirm it and pay. Surely you're not seriously thinking about paying for a car over the internet.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

You configure it to get a price. You then go to a dealership to confirm it and pay. Surely you're not seriously thinking about paying for a car over the internet.

You know on NCIX's website you can choose all of your parts and they will build it for you? Well I want that but with a car instead is that how it works?

You know on NCIX's website you can choose all of your parts and they will build it for you? Well I want that but with a car instead is that how it works?

A car doesn't cost $2k 

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Not to mention they have to actually build your car.

Not to mention they have to actually build your car.

Yes and how is that a problem?

Yes and how is that a problem?

Lol go ahead, make an online store that sells $70 - $350k products. See how it pans out.

Lol go ahead, make an online store that sells $70 - $350k products. See how it pans out.

Ok look at it like this: I make my configuration on mercedes website, I then send that in and choose my payment option. Then they build my order. 

I would get a 3-series over a C-class.

If I were to go Merc it would have to be an E-class or an S-class. Mercs are the type of cars where luxury and comfort is more important and their bigger cars just do that better.