Fixing squishy buttons on DS lite?

Virtual01

Does anyone have any experience or know of any methods to fix the squishiness of the Dpad and buttons in the DS lite? It's always been a problem and I was wondering if there are any replacement secondhard parts I can buy, or some modifications I can make in order to make them firmer and snappier. I'm willing to go for gold here, I have a 3DS anyway but the lite has far superior battery life and a brighter screen than the 3DS. Also GBA games. 

Does anyone have any experience or know of any methods to fix the squishiness of the Dpad and buttons in the DS lite? It's always been a problem and I was wondering if there are any replacement secondhard parts I can buy, or some modifications I can make in order to make them firmer and snappier. I'm willing to go for gold here, I have a 3DS anyway but the lite has far superior battery life and a brighter screen than the 3DS. Also GBA games. 

My DS Lite has very squishy buttons when compared to my DSi. The DSi clicks, where as that Lite is inaudible. I bought my DS Lite just a few weeks ago so I don't have much experience with it over a long term, and mine is used to a unknown amount so I don't know how warn out it is.