Does xbox one controller with 3.5mm jack work on PC ?

bydus
Go to solution Solved by elfensky,

I wonder if the dongle registers as it's own speaker device which you can select in the sound panel, or if Windows automatically switches to it.

EDIT: This article says that sound is supported.

With the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, you'll simply plug the Adapter into the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port of your Windows 10 PC and bind the Adapter to your Wireless Controller to enable the same gaming experience you're used to on Xbox One, including in-game chat and high-quality stereo audio.

I'm wondering if heaphone jack works on PC meaning if I play using the new dongle and plug in headphones I will be able to have sound in them ? Can anyone confirm ?

For wireless you need the dongle

for wired you can just plug in the USB

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

he's not asking that. He's asking if he can use a Xbox handset by plugging it into the controller and still get sound from the pc. I think that's not how it works but I have no idea

Thats not what i'm asking, what I wanted to know if it delivers sound via controller, I don't want to toss long cable across the room, I want to plug my headphones to controller and play PC games on TV with sound in headphones.

Thats not what i'm asking, what I wanted to know if it delivers sound via controller, I don't want to toss long cable across the room, I want to plug my headphones to controller and play PC games on TV with sound in headphones.

quote people so they know your replying to them and I don't think it works like that

yes it will work like that

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

I'm wondering if heaphone jack works on PC meaning if I play using the new dongle and plug in headphones I will be able to have sound in them ? Can anyone confirm ?

No clue but it can't be hard to just plug it into the pc instead

#noprofilepicclub

#noprofilepicclub

c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker

yes it will work like that

Do you have the controller and it works, read it somewhere or do you just think it should work? ;)

I'm pretty sure it's a 2.5mill jack. Or was that just the 360?

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

I wonder if the dongle registers as it's own speaker device which you can select in the sound panel, or if Windows automatically switches to it.

With the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, you'll simply plug the Adapter into the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port of your Windows 10 PC and bind the Adapter to your Wireless Controller to enable the same gaming experience you're used to on Xbox One, including in-game chat and high-quality stereo audio.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Do you have the controller and it works, read it somewhere or do you just think it should work? ;)

it just works

I'm pretty sure it's a 2.5mill jack. Or was that just the 360?

If could have been the 2.5 one before (not sure about that), but I know they revised the controller recently and the newer model has a 3.5mm jack.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Many thanks for this mate!

Many thanks for this mate!

Np, I got curious myself, been thinking of getting an Elite controller to play my games.