Here's Nintendo's first mobile game - Miitomo

TopWargamer

At least they started to realize handheld console gaming is a thing of the past. 

I'll believe this theory when you can play Street Fighter on an iPhone without it being a joke

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

At least they started to realize handheld console gaming is a thing of the past. 

And I guess this is their starting point. 

50 million 3DSs sold iirc

yeah, definitely a thing of the past

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

50 million 3DSs sold iirc

yeah, definitely a thing of the past

"Sold"...thing of the past. It's definitely not the future. 

Except that the 3DS launched in 2011 and has been selling 13-14mill globally every year. You can argue that a lot has changed since then if you want but I'm not buying it. There's not much that you can do in terms of gaming on a mobile device now that you couldn't do 5 years ago. And it's still clunky as all hell if you want to play something with any depth to it. People have been saying portable gaming has been doomed since 2007, it's still not dead.

Sure, we may get to the point where Nintendo loses their dominance in portable gaming hardware. But I don't think the portable gaming hardware market will die. If someone like Apple or Samsung comes out with a mobile gaming device with buttons? Then I'll start to put a question mark over Nintendo's continued dominance of that space. But no such device has yet been a commercial success. Sony gave it a good shot but even they are giving up on it now. So until then I'll have the same response. Can you play Street Fighter on it without it being a joke? If not then it's not replacing the dedicated portable gaming market that Nintendo has a monopoly on.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

The Wii U is a good console people just don't want to acknowledge it as that.

I mean, ya.

-Proud WiiU owner

friendzoned-nintendo.jpg

(Obviously made awhile, but still funny....and relevant.)

COMIC SANS

It's a past thing, a current thing, and a future thing. People will always want a proper platform to play good console like games (in terms of time, money, and thought put into the game) on the go. Something like Tetris and Clash of Clans is fun and all, but they don't come close to handheld console games such as Bravely Default, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Mario games (Partners in Time, Superstar Saga, etc.), Smash Bros., etc. Need I continue? No mobile (smartphone) games can even touch the quality of these games. Most of these handheld games even rival home console games in terms of quality. 

I get that handheld gaming isn't your thing, but you're sorely wrong if you think that handhelds are going away. They're not going anywhere any time soon ever. 

-Proud 3DS owner, former DS and GBA owner

COMIC SANS