Apple iPhone 5S Fingerprint Scanner Allegedly Leaked

GhettoUnboxings

http://mashable.com/2013/08/18/iphone-5s-fingerprint-scanner/

If you weren't already convinced that Apple's next iPhone could come with a fingerprint scanner, a newly leaked set of photos could change your mind. Images of what claims to be the internal components of Apple's iPhone 5S have appeared online, hinting that a fingerprint scanner could sit right near the home button.

French blog Nowhereelse.fr, which has been known to leak components for unreleased Apple products in the past, has published images that show the internal components of the alleged iPhone 5S. The photo set compares Apple's next iPhone alongside the current generation iPhone, outlining the key differences between the two handsets. One pair of images depicts a redesigned metal spacer cushion near the home button that features a new cut out for additional components. This has sparked speculation that a fingerprint scanner could be placed in this area, although there's no way to know for sure until Apple makes the announcement.

iPhone-5S-Cadre-01.jpg

this is odd from apple, the fact that they are changing alot on a S refresh

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Finger print scanner was rumored for the 5 as well. Doubt it'll be implemented.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

All this time they say that the home button is perfect and that it will always be there to take you home, and now they want to replace it with a fingerprint scanner. Oh Apple, you so silly...

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I can make fun of this all I want but if they implement a finger print scanner on there that allows for a more secure and faster way to unlock my phone that will be nice. Password bank that just needs a fingerprint scan to log into websites and applications. A Secure way to use NFC for payments that require a finger print scan to authorize. I think this a nice feature if those things get implemented.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I can make fun of this all I want but if they implement a finger print scanner on there that allows for a more secure and faster way to unlock my phone that will be nice. Password bank that just needs a fingerprint scan to log into websites and applications. A Secure way to use NFC for payments that require a finger print scan to authorize. I think this a nice feature if those things get implemented.

First it need NFC.... But I agree 100%. Would be pretty nice feature if done right, which I am always confident if apple does it, its done right. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

First it need NFC.... But I agree 100%. Would be pretty nice feature if done right, which I am always confident if apple does it, its done right. 

5S is 'suppose' to have NFC so that's what i'm hoping for. Maybe this will be the phone that get's people back into Iphone again. I don't like a monopoly even if it's for a product I love. Want the Iphone to start getting a decent market share again. With a 'new' OS and some big features it might be the one to do that.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Fingerprint scanners are really easy to fool. All you need to do is make a silicone mold of the fingerprint and warm it up to skin temperature. It was this easy to fool an expensive fingerprint scanner so how easy do you think it will be to fool one on a smartphone. Besides what if you burnet your finger or thumb or you chew on the skin on your thumb and the fingerprint becomes non valid to the phone, I would be pretty annoyed if I was locked out of my phone because I burn't my finger or chewed the skin off.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Fingerprint scanners are really easy to fool. All you need to do is make a silicone mold of the fingerprint and warm it up to skin temperature. It was this easy to fool an expensive fingerprint scanner so how easy do you think it will be to fool one on a smartphone. Besides what if you burnet your finger or thumb or you chew on the skin on your thumb and the fingerprint becomes non valid to the phone, I would be pretty annoyed if I was locked out of my phone because I burn't my finger or chewed the skin off.

Seriously.... you lose your phone how could that person get a silicone mold of your finger print? What is on your phone that warrants a thief to go through that much effort to do that.

And I've never seen a fingerprint scan program that doesn't allow for multiple finger prints to be stored. You choose a left and right finger.

Plus why are you chewing on your finger and eating your skin?

Its a habit, you would be surprised at how many people chew their own fingernails and skin. I wasn't trying to play on the loosing your phone part but rather on the ionconvenience of if you do chew your finger nails or skin on your fingers, or if you just cut your finger of how much of a pain in the ass it would be to access your phone. I don't see the problem with just sticking with a password. How about Apple just increase the passwords length to unlimited so people can actually have a proper passphrase instead of a password as a passphrase is almost impossible to crack as it would take too long.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Its a habit, you would be surprised at how many people chew their own fingernails and skin. I wasn't trying to play on the loosing your phone part but rather on the ionconvenience of if you do chew your finger nails or skin on your fingers, or if you just cut your finger of how much of a pain in the ass it would be to access your phone. I don't see the problem with just sticking with a password. How about Apple just increase the passwords length to unlimited so people can actually have a proper passphrase instead of a password as a passphrase is almost impossible to crack as it would take too long.

...Because swiping your finger is significantly easier than entering a long password everytime you unlock your phone. Stop eating your fingers. I've never once felt the compulsion to do so. Also register multiple fingers. 

And no one cares enough about what you have on your phone to make a mold of your finger. 

...Because swiping your finger is significantly easier than entering a long password everytime you unlock your phone. Stop eating your fingers. I've never once felt the compulsion to do so. Also register multiple fingers. 

And no one cares enough about what you have on your phone to make a mold of your finger. 

And if you're that worried about losing bot hands, put a toe print in there too.

Fingerprints are relativly save, while not taking too long to confirm on mobile devices.

If no one cares enough then why have a password on your phone to begin with.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590