Magnets and The Enthoo Pro

Bruu Betyr

I want to replace the side panel window on a Phanteks Enthoo Pro (when i have the case :D ). What i want to do is buy some sort transparent material,(suggestions would be great, smoked or tempered=awesomeness) put magnetic strips on the glass/plastic and replace the stock side panel with that. But i heard that magnets and pc's don't mix too well, is that an issue here? If so can anyone enlighten me with another way?

nope. no such issue your magnet not gonna be those super strong one. personally using enthoo luxe with glass side panel with magnetic strip to keep it in place. It does not affect anything. If you are really worry, velcro should works.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

You want to put magnets near electrical equipment? Are you serious mate? 

Seriously though, as long as the magnet isn't some kind of industrial strength one it shouldn't be an issue, providing it's on the side panel furthest away from your components. But personally i wouldn't put a magnet anywhere near my pc. Just don't put them anywhere near your hard drives.

Velcro would be a safer option.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I want to replace the side panel window on a Phanteks Enthoo Pro (when i have the case :D ). What i want to do is buy some sort transparent material,(suggestions would be great, smoked or tempered=awesomeness) put magnetic strips on the glass/plastic and replace the stock side panel with that. But i heard that magnets and pc's don't mix too well, is that an issue here? If so can anyone enlighten me with another way?

Do you mean something like this? :)

nope. no such issue your magnet not gonna be those super strong one. personally using enthoo luxe with glass side panel with magnetic strip to keep it in place. It does not affect anything. If you are really worry, velcro should works.

Great! Where did you get your panel?

local glass shop lol i just measured and ask them to cut for me thats all. i recommend good quality of acrylic more tho cause the edges of glass tends to show green accent even it is slightly clearer compare to acrylic. and acrylic don't break so easily and not so heavy.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

unless you use some SERIOUSLY strong magnets, then there should be much issue. but, there's always a risk associated with magnets and computers

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Do you mean something like this? :)

Tenk you  :P Can this work with glass? I want a smoked look

Tenk you  :P Can this work with glass? I want a smoked look

It is also possible to have a smoked acrylic window. I guess you could ask at Mnpctech, if they're able to make you a smoked window.

I don't think that the exact same could work with a glass window. You would need a different mounting mechanism, like for example your magnets or screws.

You want to put magnets near electrical equipment? Are you serious mate? 

Seriously though, as long as the magnet isn't some kind of industrial strength one it shouldn't be an issue, providing it's on the side panel furthest away from your components. But personally i wouldn't put a magnet anywhere near my pc. Just don't put them anywhere near your hard drives.

Velcro would be a safer option.

Would velcro be strong enough?

Unless the material of what you're replacing the stock one with is made of lead, it should do fine.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Unless the material of what you're replacing the stock one with is made of lead, it should do fine.

:lol: cool

If your doing glass I would recommend to use silicone to adhere the window in place with no gap between the panel and the windows comapred to velcro or double sided tape similarly for an acrylic material.

If your doing glass I would recommend to use silicone to adhere the window in place with no gap between the panel and the windows comapred to velcro or double sided tape similarly for an acrylic material.

I dont completely see what you meen.

I dont completely see what you meen.

If you were to use double sided foam tape or velcro it has a certain thickness to it so the glass or window material will have a gap between the metal side panel, with silicone it gives you zero clearance so there is no gap at all between the two materials having it sit right against each other.

If you were to use double sided foam tape or velcro it has a certain thickness to it so the glass or window material will have a gap between the metal side panel, with silicone it gives you zero clearance so there is no gap at all between the two materials having it sit right against each other.

Ok, where to buy?

Ok, where to buy?

For silicone basically any regular hardware store will have it, one thing with it is once you put the silicone in place and put the window on it you need to let it dry a full 24 hours so it cures and you can move it about. 

Squeeze Tube version:

http://www.amazon.com/General-Electric-GE360-Silicone-2-8-Ounce/dp/B000BP7MFK/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1445983800&sr=1-3&

For silicone basically any regular hardware store will have it, one thing with it is once you put the silicone in place and put the window on it you need to let it dry a full 24 hours so it cures and you can move it about.

Squeeze Tube version:

http://www.amazon.com/General-Electric-GE360-Silicone-2-8-Ounce/dp/B000BP7MFK/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1445983800&sr=1-3&

Oh so i wedge the silicon into the areas that the normal side panel was and then i place the window ontop, so the silicon has stuck to glass? Or am I Wrong?

Oh so i wedge the silicon into the areas that the normal side panel was and then i place the window ontop, so the silicon has stuck to glass? Or am I Wrong?

Well what you would want the window material to be larger than the opening itself so you can put a small bead of silicone away from the edge and press the window down into the silicone, once it cures it will hold it in place.

Well what you would want the window material to be larger than the opening itself so you can put a small bead of silicone away from the edge and press the window down into the silicone, once it cures it will hold it in place.

Like in this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi_RbfVSKTc they have a ledge on the panel, I want to create one like that with the silicone?

Like in this video

they have a ledge on the panel, I want to create one like that with the silicone?

I can't see the video unfortunately.

I can't see the video unfortunately.

Ok I wont, be doing this mod until christmas. So I could maybe contact you then and we could go through the prosess?

Ok I wont, be doing this mod until christmas. So I could maybe contact you then and we could go through the prosess?

Not a problem just PM me if you have questions or need a hand.  :)

Not a problem just PM me if you have questions or need a hand. :)

Awesome! :)