1440p with Intel 4600?

After some research and help from this forum (thanks guys :)) I decided to buy a 1440p monitor (probably the Dell U2515H). I will be running a dual monitor setup, 1440p and 1080p displays. Since I don't do any gaming, I was perfectly fine with my onboard graphics Intel 4600 so far.

My question is, will intel 4600 suport my 1440p and 1080p displays? My motherboard is a Gigabyte H81M-S2H that only has HDMI (v1.4a) and DVI. No DisplayPort. Can I use HDMI fo the 1440p 60Hz panel and DVI for 1080p with no trouble, or do I need to get a cheap dedicated GPU? If so, which GPU would you recommend?

Thanks

Should do, but just in case you might want to buy a fairly cheap used dedicated gpu.

I would get GPU, because the monitor advancement right now haven't stop yet and not really any side of slowing atm. 

Magical Pineapples

After some research and help from this forum (thanks guys :)) I decided to buy a 1440p monitor (probably the Dell U2515H). I will be running a dual monitor setup, 1440p and 1080p displays. Since I don't do any gaming, I was perfectly fine with my onboard graphics Intel 4600 so far.

My question is, will intel 4600 suport my 1440p and 1080p displays? My motherboard is a Gigabyte H81M-S2H that only has HDMI (v1.4a) and DVI. No DisplayPort. Can I use HDMI fo the 1440p 60Hz panel and DVI for 1080p with no trouble, or do I need to get a cheap dedicated GPU? If so, which GPU would you recommend?

Thanks

It will work, I think I'm running almost 2k off of HDMI alone, I'm not sure about DVI though, I don't see why it wouldn't. 

Will any GPU with a DisplayPort work for me? What about something like HD7770?

Will any GPU with a DisplayPort work for me? What about something like HD7770?

Should be fine if you find one cheap enough.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Should do, but just in case you might want to buy a fairly cheap used dedicated gpu.

8800gtx?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

I think this will work fine. Don't worry, and don't buy a GPU yet, only do so when you notice things lag, and see the iGPU is at 100%. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

honestly, if you're not doing any gaming, you can run all you can plug into your motherboard off of intel integrated just fine.

I just bought the Benq GW2765HT and it works fine with my onboard intel 4600 at 1440p@60Hz over HDMI. I used DVI to connect my second monitor. Everything works well when using "normally" but when I try to play 1440p video at 60fps and also do something on the other monitor, it does stutter every now and then. It's not a huge deal, but I will definitely be looking to buy a dedicated GPU.

I found a fairly cheap used HD 7770 with two mini DisplayPorts. Will that be able to support a 1440p and 4k displays at 60Hz if I decide to upgrade my 1080p monitor to 4k? Remember, no gaming :)