SuperFlower or Seasonic PSU?

wylliexhan

Hi guys!

I'm planning to purchase a new Power Supply since I have an issue with my current PSU right now which is Corsair HX750, every time I play heavy games / my CPU & GPU is on full load, my PC shuts off, so I figured out that the issue is my PSU since I've tried using another PSU I borrowed from my friend and it's no longer shutting down.

I'm torn between these two PSU's they are the same price. So which would be your choice?

1. Seasonic M12 II Evo 850 Watts (Bronze)

2. SuperFlower Leadex 650 Watts (Gold)

This is the specs of my PC:

- Intel Core i7-4770k
- Gigabyte G.1 Sniper M5
- Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1866Mhz
- Colorful GTX Titan 6GB 384bit
- SanDisk Extreme 120GB
- Western Digital 1TB Blue
- Corsair HX750 80+ Gold
- NZXT Sentry 3 5.25"
- 5 x Thermaltake Riings 120/140mm Green

I'm on a custom loop water cooling, there is only 1 EK DCP 4.0 Pump.

Thanks guys!

post-188896-0-96216600-1445820283.jpg

either, if they're the same price i'd probably grab the Seasonic for the potential for future expandability. how does EVGA slot in with the pricing? the G2 as actually the same units as the super-flowers, but the pricing may be different.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

whichever has the features you want, price, looks etc

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Never heard of Super Flower, but I know that Seasonic has pretty legendary quality. If it's on that list on PCMR though it should be fine. If I were you though I'd go for the Seasonic 850W one cause Titans suck up a ton of power and it's nice to have that extra headroom. 650W might be a bit tight with your specs.

Edit: Just searched up the Titan's TDP and it's ~250W so actually you might be fine going for the 650W. Personally, I'd like the extra headroom though.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Super Flower leadex gold is pretty much the EVGA G2 series. Fully modular, gold, top quality,also some leds on the psu, at the cable plug in

Seasonic also has top quality psu's, the evo is a legendary unit, but it is bronze. If you consider adding a second gpu later on, get the  seasonic evo, if not, the superflower unit

The site has changed....

Super Flower leadex gold is pretty much the EVGA G2 series. Fully modular, gold, top quality,also some leds on the psu, at the cable plug in

Seasonic also has top quality psu's, the evo is a legendary unit, but it is bronze. If you consider adding a second gpu later on, get the  seasonic evo, if not, the superflower unit

exactly

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

either, if they're the same price i'd probably grab the Seasonic for the potential for future expandability. how does EVGA slot in with the pricing? the G2 as actually the same units as the super-flowers, but the pricing may be different.

Can verify that this statement is true. If you even look at the units themselves they're extremely similar 

Hi guys!

I'm planning to purchase a new Power Supply since I have an issue with my current PSU right now which is Corsair HX750, every time I play heavy games / my CPU & GPU is on full load, my PC shuts off, so I figured out that the issue is my PSU since I've tried using another PSU I borrowed from my friend and it's no longer shutting down.

I'm torn between these two PSU's they are the same price. So which would be your choice?

1. Seasonic M12 II Evo 850 Watts (Bronze)

2. SuperFlower Leadex 650 Watts (Gold)

This is the specs of my PC:

- Intel Core i7-4770k
- Gigabyte G.1 Sniper M5
- Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1866Mhz
- Colorful GTX Titan 6GB 384bit
- SanDisk Extreme 120GB
- Western Digital 1TB Blue
- Corsair HX750 80+ Gold
- NZXT Sentry 3 5.25"
- 5 x Thermaltake Riings 120/140mm Green

I'm on a custom loop water cooling, there is only 1 EK DCP 4.0 Pump.

Thanks guys!

The PCMR list is full of shit. Ignore it.

Super Flower Leadex is quite a bit better than the M12II platform. I'd strongly suggest getting the SP unit

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The SuperFlower is the better unit. If you don't need the extra wattage, then go with the Leadex.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Thank you for all your comments. Already bought a new PSU. So happy right now, my RIG is no longer shutting down. .

post-188896-0-21962700-1446683574_thumb.

post-188896-0-27172300-1446683588_thumb.

Never heard of Super Flower, but I know that Seasonic has pretty legendary quality. If it's on that list on PCMR though it should be fine. If I were you though I'd go for the Seasonic 850W one cause Titans suck up a ton of power and it's nice to have that extra headroom. 650W might be a bit tight with your specs.

Edit: Just searched up the Titan's TDP and it's ~250W so actually you might be fine going for the 650W. Personally, I'd like the extra headroom though.

Super Flower is EVGA's OEM for PSU's. 

I used to be quite active here.

No, EVGA only uses for a couple PSUS, the Supernova G2, B2, and GS. I might be wrong about the B2, but the other two for sure. The poor EVGA SUs are made by HEC compucase, FSP.

No, EVGA only uses for a couple PSUS, the Supernova G2, B2, and GS. I might be wrong about the B2, but the other two for sure. The poor EVGA SUs are made by HEC compucase, FSP.

no b2 is superflower, gs is seasonic.

The site has changed....