Good (relatively cheap) quiet/silent case?

roboplex22

Well Im tired of my PC being too loud. Maybe its just my really sensitive ears, but It's bugging the hell out of me. I was going to replace all my fans and CPU cooler, but realized it might not make much of a difference since I have a case with pretty much no sound dampening. Its a Cougar Solution Black Steel case. The HDD cage buzzes, literally NO noise dampening (except from the side panel itself) and theres pretty much no cable management options (unless I want to be REALLY ghetto). I pulled a Luke and just stuck my SSD behind the motherboard tray since you have to screw it in from the bottom otherwise. My birthday is in about a week (turning 16), and really don't have anything I want yet, so I'm looking for a better case. Nothing TOO expensive, but I just need something better than this. Any suggestions?

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

Well Im tired of my PC being too loud. Maybe its just my really sensitive ears, but It's bugging the hell out of me. I was going to replace all my fans and CPU cooler, but realized it might not make much of a difference since I have a case with pretty much no sound dampening. Its a Cougar Solution Black Steel case. The HDD cage buzzes, literally NO noise dampening (except from the side panel itself) and theres pretty much no cable management options (unless I want to be REALLY ghetto). I pulled a Luke and just stuck my SSD behind the motherboard tray since you have to screw it in from the bottom otherwise. My birthday is in about a week (turning 16), and really don't have anything I want yet, so I'm looking for a better case. Nothing TOO expensive, but I just need something better than this. Any suggestions?

Ay? http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Silent-Quiet-CC-9011077-WW/dp/B00RORBQSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445749756&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+100r

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You could look for a used Define R4 if you're on a budget. If you don't mind spending the money then I say the H440 or the Define R5.

H440 is amazing.

All cases are silent, it is the components/parts that you put in them that makes the noise.

Don't be fooled by sound dampening, yes it can make a PC quieter but can raise temperatures and it tends to block/impede air flow. 

In order to make your system quieter, i would advise you get some good fans for your system, some with high static pressure and airflow but low noise levels. 

Some good brands are:-

1. Cougar  yes they come in black too. There is also a PWM one that works good at high RPS but make a hum at low RPMs
  2. Rosewill Hyperborea

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

BQ Silent Base 600

^ that isnt a Quite Case

really? i've heard some good things though.

just checked the H440 has 6 mm Sound dampening foam all around. except for the side panel window.

Cases with higher quality usually have thicker steel so they resist vibrations. maybe get a fan controller or something, and manage the cables for better airflow.

NEED X58 BOARD WITH SATA3 ASAP

really? i've heard some good things though.

just checked the H440 has 6 mm Sound dampening foam all around. except for the side panel window.

Yes, and its very silent providing you have the right hardware inside. Currently all I hear without anything playing audio wise is a tiny whirring noise and that's it. That is even with the supposedly loud H80i currently inside. It also does have sound dampening material on the side panel but only where the window isn't.