[Updated 11/4/15] Fallout 4 to NOT feature Nvidia Gameworks, but Nvidia is still working with Bethesda on the game.

ChrisxIxCross

As a fan the experience in game is important, but this has less to do about the experience in game and more to do with Bethesda making a choice to back one company over the other. This is like going to a movie like Star Wars and having Disney offer something special to everyone with an iPhone.If I have an Android or Windows phone, this alienates me as a fan of Star Wars, not cool. What's in my case should only matter in capability, not branding. This is a console move on Bethesda's part, and it's bull shit.

Except the article clearly states that's

1) There will be no branding in the game

2) GW features are entitley optional

3) Bethesda worked with both Nvidia & AMD to ensure both vendors cards are properly optimised.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Nah, this is entirely Bethesda's fault for not wanting to add decent effects in the engine they use.

Yes, that's my point exactly. Nvidea is doing what's best for them, Bethesda turned their back on their fans who use AMD. HUGE difference. This is completely on Bethesda. I've been a fan of Fallout through all the games and developers, and my reward is to be excluded because I bought a AMD GPU? To be told, "you can still play the game, but you really should have *this* GPU" At this point the impact on the game in unimportant, it's the move to back Nvidea that's important. It won't stop me from playing the game, too invested for that. But I already have one friend drop their pre-order for a Xbox copy. They run AMD too and had issues with Witcher 3 and Game Works so saw no point in getting the PC version of Fallout.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Yes, that's my point exactly. Nvidea is doing what's best for them, Bethesda turned their back on their fans who use AMD. HUGE difference. This is completely on Bethesda. I've been a fan of Fallout through all the games and developers, and my reward is to be excluded because I bought a AMD GPU? To be told, "you can still play the game, but you really should have *this* GPU" At this point the impact on the game in unimportant, it's the move to back Nvidea that's important. It won't stop me from playing the game, too invested for that. But I already have one friend drop their pre-order for a Xbox copy. They run AMD too and had issues with Witcher 3 and Game Works so saw no point in getting the PC version of Fallout.

Sorry but no, just because there's a few Game Works implementations in the game does not mean Bethesda is turning their back on their fans, first of all. Second of all, Bethesda makes jokes for games and you should be mad at them for that. Not for choosing better versions of AA or particles. Third, turn the fucking settings off. I don't see why so many of you and bricks in your brains and can't figure that out but whatever.

Sorry but no, just because there's a few Game Works implementations in the game does not mean Bethesda is turning their back on their fans, first of all. Second of all, Bethesda makes jokes for games and you should be mad at them for that. Not for choosing better versions of AA or particles. Third, turn the fucking settings off. I don't see why so many of you and bricks in your brains and can't figure that out but whatever.

If you don't like their games, then why are you here? And it's having to turn off settings because of the GPU in my case THAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM. How is THAT hard to understand?

Not really. I don't care if they choose Gameworks now, but everyone should know that modders will give better alternatives than whatever they offer us anyway.

If you don't like their games, then why are you here? And it's having to turn off settings because of the GPU in my case THAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM. How is THAT hard to understand?

It's not that I don't like their games, however I actually understand that their games are usually broken pieces of garbage that don't look so amazing as everyone makes it out to be. Complaining about them trying to fix their shit is pretty ridiculous. Next, proprietary settings have existed since the beginning of gaming, get the fuck over it already people.

It's not that I don't like their games, however I actually understand that their games are usually broken pieces of garbage that don't look so amazing as everyone makes it out to be. Complaining about them trying to fix their shit is pretty ridiculous. Next, proprietary settings have existed since the beginning of gaming, get the fuck over it already people.

So it's not that you don't like their games, you just think they're broken pieces of garbage? Really?

As Drago said it's not the settings, if you would read my posts you'd see that. Anything in the game offered to Nvidea users will be eclipsed by Mods anyway. If you actually played Bethesda games you'd know that. It's choosing a side. It's telling their fans that use AMD cards to play the game differently. It's console crap behavior, "but the Xbox One version and get ten seconds of additional content" BS. Absolute bull shit.

So it's not that you don't like their games, you just think they're broken pieces of garbage? Really?

As Drago said it's not the settings, if you would read my posts you'd see that. Anything in the game offered to Nvidea users will be eclipsed by Mods anyway. If you actually played Bethesda games you'd know that. It's choosing a side. It's telling their fans that use AMD cards to play the game differently. It's console crap behavior, "but the Xbox One version and get ten seconds of additional content" BS. Absolute bull shit.

Here's a valuable life lesson for you, ALL companies will try to promote THEIR eco system. The ones that don't, can't. Not because they don't want to, but simply because they can't due to other limitations. Either they don't have the resources required to make it happen, OR their eco system doesn't offer something that the competition doesn't. 

You can bitch and complain all you want about how Bethesda is choosing a side, but ultimately, they're still a business and the best thing for them is to utilize Gameworks -- otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. Whether that be because it makes their jobs easier, or because it makes Nvidia happy (and then Nvidia gives Bethesda a nice kick back) is something else entirely that's neither here nor there. 

So to be upset that a company is choosing a side is moronic. Since you're clearly upset that you can't play the game to it's "fullest" without gameworks, there is a simple solution....buy an Nvidia card -- which are at worst (unless you're in one of the few places where Nvidia is insanely overpriced) only a bit more expensive. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's all about gameplay until the words "Nvidia" and "Gameworks" are mentioned.

jfc

Here's a valuable life lesson for you, ALL companies will try to promote THEIR eco system. The ones that don't, can't. Not because they don't want to, but simply because they can't due to other limitations. Either they don't have the resources required to make it happen, OR their eco system doesn't offer something that the competition doesn't. 

You can bitch and complain all you want about how Bethesda is choosing a side, but ultimately, they're still a business and the best thing for them is to utilize Gameworks -- otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. Whether that be because it makes their jobs easier, or because it makes Nvidia happy (and then Nvidia gives Bethesda a nice kick back) is something else entirely that's neither here nor there. 

So to be upset that a company is choosing a side is moronic. Since you're clearly upset that you can't play the game to it's "fullest" without gameworks, there is a simple solution....buy an Nvidia card -- which are at worst (unless you're in one of the few places where Nvidia is insanely overpriced) only a bit more expensive. 

Or stick to your old card.

My 560 managed to run Wither 3 at 50-60 fps at native res , albeit at low-medium settings.

What more could I want from this old GPU?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Or stick to your old card.

My 560 managed to run Wither 3 at 50-60 fps at native res , albeit at low-medium settings.

What more could I want from this old GPU?

61fps? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

God help you. 

Pretty much this, missing a few points I'd add but it's obvious opinions are not welcome here.

God help you. 

Pretty much this, missing a few points I'd add but it's obvious opinions are not welcome here.

Oh don't go all butthurt on me, I never said you couldn't have your own opinion, just that I have a hard time understanding it. As is the case with mine and you. And your imaginary friend has no power here muahahahaha :lol:

I pay the developer, that gives me every right to bitch. I harbor no illusion my bitching will change anything since my buying habit is what matters, and I'm still getting the game. But if I want to bitch, bitch away I will.

if its like what happened on batman then its bad for AMD

The Batman game was bad for everyone.

Nvidia has a library of effects that can be quickly implemented that currently run better on GeForce cards than Radeon cards. Some developers use them, even more don't. There's a few of the effects Nvidia has made in-house that game engines currently don't have a better simulation of: water, grass, fire, some other particle effects, other random physics simulations, etc.

Developers choose to use them because it would benefit the visual experience a bit better than they can fart out with their own game engines.

I have a friend who has a 3770k and a 290x. We both have Witcher 3. I asked what kind of FPS he was getting whenever I got the game so we could compare with Hairwork on and off. He said he was getting high 40's and 50's with it on most of the time (not in Novigrad) and a solid 60 with it off. I had the similar findings with my 2500k and 980. So much for Nvidia making Hairworks run the best on Maxwell.

Wasn't until recently when I can run the game completely maxed out with a shader mod and keep 60fps constantly with Hairworks on and maxed out.

He has a grudge against Nvidia like many of these forum users do and I've attempted to explain things to him. He's coming around since he can actually think for himself, on top of me actually showing him results and not words from some random people on the internet.

Bethesda-developed-games have had a history for releasing broken and having to have community fixes on PC, yet there's this cult following of TES and Fallout so much that there's millions of people already pre-ordering Fallout 4.

It's not telling fans that use AMD cards to play the game differently. Those settings that will be in the game - minus whatever Gameworks effects - were going to be the effects offered for everyone should Gameworks not exist. But now because there's effects in the game that will run better on Nvidia hardware rather than AMD hardware, people are getting butthurt.

You guys are acting like that one kid who brings the ball to playtime, but since he's losing the game he takes his ball home so no one can play.

It's not console behavior, this is life. Nothing is fair. Get over it.

-snip-

That's how you see it and that's fine. Life not being fair is because people "get over it", so that is one practice you can enjoy without me.

That's how you see it and that's fine. Life not being fair is because people "get over it", so that is one practice you can enjoy without me.

The sooner you get over it the happier you'll be.

I used to think the same way, but now that I've ran into so much self-entitlement in life, I've taken the "get over it" side. You will too.

The sooner you get over it the happier you'll be.

I used to think the same way, but now that I've ran into so much self-entitlement in life, I've taken the "get over it" side. You will too.

My friend, you underestimate my powers of hissy fitting. It is a time honored tradition within my clan to hissy fit. My clan was the first to bitch that fire was too hot.

On topic, time will tell what effect this has on the game. At this point it's all conjecture. In a month I could look silly, or I'm ahead of my time. I'd honestly rather look silly playing a great game.

Just to clarify, Nvidia's model of "We'll build our own ecosystem" is not the only solution that works even from a business perspective. One thing you can notice about this AAA games getting the Nvidia Gamework treatment is that some use custom, in house game engines.

Now this is fine and on this paradigm, yes getting some of the additional effects in easily with gameworks is reasonable. However I maintain that almost no companies should be creating their own in house engines. It would be better for all parties involved if they just licensed Unreal Engine or the CryEngine instead or any of the other number of engines available.

They would be much better at implementing gameworks from the engine level instead of added later. The reason that this is not happening is because Bethesda likes their own engine (which is usually shitty and buggy) and CDProjek Red uses their own engine (Which is actually damn impressive but also probably a large focus hindering other areas to develop for it)

Reinventing the wheel it's just not a good idea overall, but since Nvidia knows people just won't adhere to ecosystem at a level that would make a lot more sense like the engine level, they're going for their own partially walled garden instead: filling a vacuum left due to developer and publisher short shortsightedness and hubris thinking they can beat the tried and true engines.

-------

Current Rig

-------

My friend, you underestimate my powers of hissy fitting. It is a time honored tradition within my clan to hissy fit. My clan was the first to bitch that fire was too hot.

On topic, time will tell what effect this has on the game. At this point it's all conjecture. In a month I could look silly, or I'm ahead of my time. I'd honestly rather look silly playing a great game.

I wish I kept records of everything people say on this forum that have turned out to be complete lies down the road.

I'm sure I've said some bullshit before too and I'll own up to it, but many of these forum users have a complex with their position being the only right position and can go without opposition. They make up shit on the spot without any actual evidence to support their claims and make out like you're some kind of shill.

Just you wait. Because Bethesda has a history with releasing broken games, if Fallout 4 has issues, guess who's getting the blame?

i dont care if is a gameWorks or gamingEvolved as long it runs good and smoot, but one thing i know there are somethings in gameWorks that are somewhat broken at least in some games, in others is ok

I wish I kept records of everything people say on this forum that have turned out to be complete lies down the road.

I'm sure I've said some bullshit before too and I'll own up to it, but many of these forum users have a complex with their position being the only right position and can go without opposition. They make up shit on the spot without any actual evidence to support their claims and make out like you're some kind of shill.

Just you wait. Because Bethesda has a history with releasing broken games, if Fallout 4 has issues, guess who's getting the blame?

Obsidian. What do I win?

Of course there's going to be more bugs than Joe's apartment (google it), what does that have to do with anything? Next you'll be surprised the story sucks. You play Fallout for the environment, well at least I do. It's murdering NPC's and stacking up their bodies (you know you've done it). And above all else it's modding. This obsession with the common knowledge of a complete lack of polish is odd to me, it doesn't forgive any other poor decisions on Bethesda's part.

Obsidian. What do I win?

Of course there's going to be more bugs than Joe's apartment (google it), what does that have to do with anything? Next you'll be surprised the story sucks. You play Fallout for the environment, well at least I do. It's murdering NPC's and stacking up their bodies (you know you've done it). And above all else it's modding. This obsession with the common knowledge of a complete lack of polish is odd to me, it doesn't forgive any other poor decisions on Bethesda's part.

When I played 3 and New Vegas I went along with the story. They were good enough to keep me entertained. I didn't bother to try to mentally rate them, which is probably why I get more enjoyment out of some movies that people adamantly hate.

But I only mainly played those on console, which when I came to PC I didn't play them as much anymore since i had other games I found more fun (having played those Fallout games to death already).

Obsidian. What do I win?

Taken from their wiki

Fallout 4

Fallout 4 cover art.jpg

Developer(s) Bethesda Game Studios

Publisher(s) Bethesda Softworks

They only bring out Obsidian for the even buggier yet also a lot better anyway non-numbered sequel. Since we're doing Boston right now my bet is that Obsidian will work on Fallout: Detroit (which as I understand, could very well be set in 2015 and still look post apocalyptic) 

-------

Current Rig

-------

When I played 3 and New Vegas I went along with the story. They were good enough to keep me entertained. I didn't bother to try to mentally rate them, which is probably why I get more enjoyment out of some movies that people adamantly hate.

But I only mainly played those on console, which when I came to PC I didn't play them as much anymore since i had other games I found more fun (having played those Fallout games to death already).

New Vegas at least tried to have a story, that was a credit to Obsidian. I guess my frustration over this decision(besides the obvious majority share of me having an AMD card) is that Bethesda has keep a majority of these decisions quiet. Where was this news a month ago? Where are the screenshots with the game on a PC? I just wish Bethesda was more open about the game.

Taken from their wiki

Fallout 4

Fallout 4 cover art.jpg

Developer(s) Bethesda Game Studios

Publisher(s) Bethesda Softworks

They only bring out Obsidian for the even buggier yet also a lot better anyway non-numbered sequel. Since we're doing Boston right now my bet is that Obsidian will work on Fallout: Detroit (which as I understand, could very well be set in 2015 and still look post apocalyptic) 

It was a joke. When Fallout New Vegas was a buggy mess everyone blamed Obsidian, and not the creators of the game it was built on. When Skyrim was a disaster on the PS3 everyone blamed Sony. There is a long history of Bethesda not being blamed for their mistakes.