Linus tech tips forum down on tapatalk

Yongtjunkit

Hi,

Should I use taptalk or linus tech tips mobile website to acess the forum and to receive notification. Currently I can't acess linustechtips forum from taptalk

I prefere the Tapatalk version much more. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Because of DDoS protection, you won't be able to access the forum using Tapatalk. The mobile version of the site is more cut-down than the normal version and Tapatalk.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I prefere the Tapatalk version much more.

No idea what's happening taptalk send me a notification but then it gives me an error message saying bad gateway- the forum sever returned a fatal error

Because of DDoS protection, you won't be able to access the forum using Tapatalk. The mobile version of the site is more cut-down than the normal version and Tapatalk.

I don't know how this stuff works, so this is probably a dumb question: are people using Tapatalk to DDoS the forum, or is Tapatalk not working just a side affect of the protection?

I don't know how this stuff works, so this is probably a dumb question: are people using Tapatalk to DDoS the forum, or is Tapatalk not working just a side affect of the protection?

It usually works but I can't acess the forum from taptalk now

It's a side effect of the protection.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

It usually works and I do recive a notification about reply but I can't open it, heard taptalk is hacked

It usually works and I do recive a notification about reply but I can't open it, heard taptalk is hacked

When did it start failing on you?

When did it start failing on you?

About 5 minutes ago when I want to acess the forum using taptalk

About 5 minutes ago when I want to acess the forum using taptalk

Cloudflare may have tried to do a DDoS test which requires a browser(that I know of).

Cloudflare may have tried to do a DDoS test which requires a browser(that I know of).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/472060-talk-talk-hacked/page-2#entry6336056

Heard that tapatalk is hacked, is this the reason why I can't acess the forum using taptalk

Update: I can't recive any notification from taptalk anymore, so do expect some delay as I'm relying on notification (push notifications, lock screen notification, etc) to reply as soon as possible. Without notification i will then need to check periodically and sometimes I forgot.

I just use the desktop site. Any half decent phone can get through it easily.

I agree, I use tapatalk to acess linustechtips forum on my iPhone. As safari said that the app to acess linustechtips forum is tapatalk. Currently I'm having trouble accessing linus tech tips forum on my iPhone as it won't load content instantly and the issue mentioned in my previous reply

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/472060-talk-talk-hacked/page-2#entry6336056

Heard that tapatalk is hacked, is this the reason why I can't acess the forum using taptalk

Update: I can't recive any notification from taptalk anymore, so do expect some delay as I'm relying on notification (push notifications, lock screen notification, etc) to reply as soon as possible. Without notification i will then need to check periodically and sometimes I forgot.

That thread is talking about ISP called Talk Talk. Not Tapatalk. Problems you have are because forums DDoS protection has been activated.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That thread is talking about ISP called Talk Talk. Not Tapatalk. Problems you have are because forums DDoS protection has been activated.

Tapatalk usually works eventhough the DDOS protection is active. At the point when I sign up a few months ago, the DDOS protection is active but then I can acess the forum using taptalk. Probably @LinusTech set a new rules on the DDOS protection? I've also twitted to linus twitter account about 3-5 hours ago and he didn't reply, hopefully he take note of the issue and attempt to fix them.

here's a picture of the error

post-252623-0-99694500-1445751663_thumb.

Update : I do found an article on tapatalk blog. Probably linus didn't set it up properly which causes the interference

https://blog.tapatalk.com/?p=1420

Tapatalk usually works eventhough the DDOS protection is active. At the point when I sign up a few months ago, the DDOS protection is active but then I can acess the forum using taptalk. Probably @LinusTech set a new rules on the DDOS protection? I've also twitted to linus twitter account about 3-5 hours ago and he didn't reply, hopefully he take note of the issue and attempt to fix them.

here's a picture of the error

IMG_0848.PNG

Update : I do found an article on tapatalk blog. Probably linus didn't set it up properly which causes the interference

https://blog.tapatalk.com/?p=1420

Linus doesn't do much for forum operations. In that sense he's just another user. Luke is the main guy who you should contact. Or @colonel_mortis. To my kownledge nothing special has been added to Cloudflare. It's on whole time, but the active check is enabled when forum is under direct attack.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Linus doesn't do much for forum operations. In that sense he's just another user. Luke is the main guy who you should contact. Or @colonel_mortis. To my kownledge nothing special has been added to Cloudflare. It's on whole time, but the active check is enabled when forum is under direct attack.

thanks for the information, I thought that linus is managing the forum but actually luke is the one who manages the forum.

It seems to be working for me. However, the DDoS protection can block it if it's turned to a slightly higher setting than normal, though I don't know what it's set to atm.

HTTP/2 203

i've messaged @

colonel_mortis and he said that the forum DDOS protection was set to high. This means tapatalk won't work until they turn it down. @

Slick haven't reply to me yet

Looks like the problem was fixed